Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No love for Rishard Matthews???

1. -1
    Chris McCain Should Start

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    XB1 Conroller

Probowl No love for Rishard Matthews???

With all the Free Agent WR hooplah going around I was just wondering what the thoughts on Matthews are?

Personally I think he did well when they let him play at the end of the season. He could have been our 3rd best receiver if they would have put him in instead of Legadu, Jabbar Gaffney, Marlon Moore, and the rest of shlubs we threw out at WR this year.

Does anyone think this guy makes the team or the starting line up next year?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: No love for Rishard Matthews???

If we want to be competitive, at this point in his development Matthews should be a 5th - 6th reciever. Sure he could develop nicely but he took snaps last year due to a lack of talent around him.

This year he should be out competing with Binns and the other young player, rather than with our (hopefully soon to be added) major weapons. The kid has potential but right now we need production...badly.
    Last edited by uk_dolfan; 01-23-2013 at 01:53 AM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We can't bank on it. He may be great, but we don't know and can't assume he is.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boynton Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    I like Mathews as a guy to Develop. A 5th or 6th guy to come in and give some spark when someone goes down. Hartline and Bess are great 3rd and 4th options. That's why you hear so much about other players. Bring in Jennings and Keenan Allen. That's alot better of a group.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shreveport,La
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Phil does like to develop his own talent so maybe he gets more of a shot next year even if we bring in a Jennings or Wallace. 4 we sets baby
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    New Mexico Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wish they would have let Mathews take every single snap that Naneee took
    after we gave him his first start and he showed nothing.. That was my one beef with the coaching staff this year, waiting too long for Nanee to get better when he clearly was snakebit this year. Nothing personal against the guy.

That said I think we should keep Mathews as a developmental /5/6 guy. give him alot of playing time in the pre season.. maybe he makes a name for himself and sticks around. I like what I saw from him, dude went up and got the ball when it went his way and that can hardly be said for any of the other WR's (other than Hartline and Bess) this year.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    people were saying exactly the same thing about Gates.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    people have no clue how this thing goes.

Reshard Matthews will come on the scence next year. Book it. If you cant see it happening by now, then you dont know what your looking at. He will be our James Jones except a little bigger.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I wish they would have let Mathews take every single snap that Naneee took
    after we gave him his first start and he showed nothing.. That was my one beef with the coaching staff this year, waiting too long for Nanee to get better when he clearly was snakebit this year. Nothing personal against the guy.

That said I think we should keep Mathews as a developmental /5/6 guy. give him alot of playing time in the pre season.. maybe he makes a name for himself and sticks around. I like what I saw from him, dude went up and got the ball when it went his way and that can hardly be said for any of the other WR's (other than Hartline and Bess) this year.
    You have that exactly right. If he had just been given reps and let him make his mistakes early, then he would have been so much more relied upon later and helped score TD's IMO. Naanee was a waste of total space and time.

This kis will be so way ahead of the curve over any rookie that comes in next year. Any big name rook who comes in is not going to make a big splash unless they pick up this offense like Hartline did.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Traditonaly speaking, the WCO is all about the big-bodied WR who catches the ball in traffic and get YAC. Rishard Mathews is the only guy on the roster who fits this requirement. Can he do it? Unknown but I'd like to see more development before tossing him on the scrap heap.
    Quote Quote