Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No love for Rishard Matthews???

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I liked him in the preseason and thought he was solid when called upon near the end of the season. I'd definitely like to see him on the team next year but we can't be counting on him big time or anything.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

No love for Rishard Matthews???

He had 10 receptions on 17 targets in the month of December. He catches the ball well and looks like a NFL receiver. He seems to be emerging given his strong finish, but he needs to emerge from training camp as contributing receiver. My expectation is he will be the 4th or 5th WR coming out of training camp.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm thinking we bring in at least 2 new WR's via free agency and the draft, and assuming we keep Bess and Hartline, Matthews is going to have a hard time finding a roster sport.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Matthews. It seems like he competes for every ball thrown his way. To me his style of play is similar to Boldins. If given the opportunity to develope, I think he can contribute.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All of us fans have a lot of love for Rishard. Unfortunately the coaching staff didn't share that love or he would have gotten more burn this past year. I think he showed himself to be a natural playmaker in college and was by far my favorite WR we picked up.

He has to be part of our future moving forward. Of course if we pick up a big name WR FA and resign Hartline AND draft 2-3 WRs as expected then things become much more muddled.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The thing that stuck out to me in his limited action was how natural he looked. I haven't gotten a chance to really look at how he fared one on one, and to be honest I would much rather defer to other guys about how he looked, but just as far as the eye test goes.... that boy is a football player. I'm a big fan of the limited action I saw from him.

With that said, he shouldn't be anything more than a 4 or a 5 WR on the depth chart going into the season. He is exactly the kind of player you want to keep around and hope he blossoms but by no means do you want to hitch any sort of wagon to him as far as relying on him to be a serious part of the offense.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He shouldn't be tossed to the 'scrap heap' nor should you rely on such limited sample size to proclaim him the next coming.

Bring in your FA and draft pick, resign Hartline. And let the competition begin.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Think Rishard has the potential to be a decent receiver. Not sure he has great explosiveness but he probably will be our 4th or 5th receiver next year. I still think Bess gets traded, and so Hartline, a free agent and a high draft pick will probably all be ahead of Rishard, depending on how far along the rookie is.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I predict he will have a huge offseason and emerge as one of our best receivers come preseason. He will be the number 2 guy. Hartline on the slot and Jennings at the 1.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rookies in this O take time to learn to read the D and run the right route. I'm sure that's why the let the vet have the reps. Who knew Landee? was a POS. That said I have high hopes for Matthews, and hope he can make the team next year...I hope he has a LOT of new competition for his job though!
    Quote Quote