Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Callers ripping afc east, saying pats only win cause afc east is a joke

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    It's obvious we've sucked the past decade. I didn't want to have to bring it up I highlighted the bills and jests because I believe there's an inherent level of debacle to both franchises, currently and historically. The Bills greatest successes come with the bittersweet reality of falling just short and the jests are the least accomplished, most ridiculous franchise in sports history. The fact that falling assbackwards into tepid playoff runs has been some extraordinary achievement for them almost adds to the joke that is their franchise.
    ONE playoff win since the turn of the Century, you can live in the 70s all you want but Miami has been a terrible franchise in recent, relevant times.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    ONE playoff win since the turn of the Century, you can live in the 70s all you want but Miami has been a terrible franchise in recent, relevant times.
    The past is the past....but we still have one more SB title than you. What's more important is the here and now. We have our franchise QB in Tannehill, and all the Jets have is buttfumble and Tebow, and neither is going to help the Jet's win anything. The Jets couldn't even give away their GM job as there were no takers.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    The past is the past....but we still have one more SB title than you. What's more important is the here and now. We have our franchise QB in Tannehill, and all the Jets have is buttfumble and Tebow, and neither is going to help the Jet's win anything. The Jets couldn't even give away their GM job as there were no takers.
    You THINK you have your franchise QB, you don't know yet. buttfumble may be done here but he's helped us win a lot of games and helped us nearly get to 2 SBs.

ONE person declined the Jets GM job.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the wording. As if we're not still in this century's infancy. One rough decade for what was the NFL's winningest franchise can be overcome. You made a couple of improbable AFC championship game runs with a team that was more lucky than good. That's your franchises highest point in a 1/20th of a millennium. Your fanbase has gained a ballooned ego from it which reality has spent the past 2 seasons popping. Your franchise doesn't have much tangible success is filled with tabloid fodder debacles ranging from ass fumbles to a foot fetishist HC. If there's a joke the jests are usually going to be the punchline. The Dolphins are trending up while the jests are spiraling downward. Deep down I think even you know that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    I like the wording. As if we're not still in this century's infancy. One rough decade for what was the NFL's winningest franchise can be overcome. You made a couple of improbable AFC championship game runs with a team that was more lucky than good. That's your franchises highest point in a 1/20th of a millennium. Your fanbase has gained a ballooned ego from it which reality has spent the past 2 seasons popping. Your franchise doesn't have much tangible success is filled with tabloid fodder debacles ranging from ass fumbles to a foot fetishist HC. If there's a joke the jests are usually going to be the punchline. The Dolphins are trending up while the jests are spiraling downward. Deep down I think even you know that.
    The Century is over a decade long. Since 2001 you have ZERO playoff wins.

Improbable? we beat the hottest teams in the league on the road in the div, nothing improbable about it and we did it 2 years in a row. improbable was your fluky div title.

The dolphins have been trending up for a decade according to the board, wake me when it actually happens.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Century is over a decade long. Since 2001 you have ZERO playoff wins.

Improbable? we beat the hottest teams in the league on the road in the div, nothing improbable about it and we did it 2 years in a row. improbable was your fluky div title.

The dolphins have been trending up for a decade according to the board, wake me when it actually happens.
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321028020

Wake up.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    your point is? you still weren't a legit playoff contender, we also beat you guys earlier in the season. let's not act like you are NE.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    your point is? you still weren't a legit playoff contender, we also beat you guys earlier in the season. let's not act like you are NE.
    One team trending up, one team trending down. This was essentially a rebuilding year for the Dolphins while the jests were, according to your fanbase, ready to finally make that Super Bowl run ( ). We're nowhere near NE yet and a large portion of our longterm potential is tied up in how Tannehill develops, but I would take our situation over yours in a heartbeat.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember clearly before '09 when the egregious scheduling gods conspired to giftwrap the mediocre jets into the playoffs, junc, in his constant effort to discredit the fins always used to reject the number of times the Fins won the Conference Championships and actually made it to the Superbowl. He was forever declaring back then that the only thing that counted was Superbowl wins. Now he's singing a different tune although ignoring the circumstances of his team reaching one postseason. We've been hearing ad nauseum about "playing for the conference championship" and being "one game away from the SB" rather than actually winning it being the only thing that conveniently counted - at least then. No hardware of any kind, not even a division title = just a longer duration of blueballs while on the Futility Trail.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I remember clearly before '09 when the egregious scheduling gods conspired to giftwrap the mediocre jets into the playoffs, junc, in his constant effort to discredit the fins always used to reject the number of times the Fins won the Conference Championships and actually made it to the Superbowl. He was forever declaring back then that the only thing that counted was Superbowl wins. Now he's singing a different tune although ignoring the circumstances of his team reaching one postseason. We've been hearing ad nauseum about "playing for the conference championship" and being "one game away from the SB" rather than actually winning it being the only thing that conveniently counted - at least then. No hardware of any kind, not even a division title = just a longer duration of blueballs while on the Futility Trail.

Prove that, find my old posts. As usal you are a liar.

What I always said was as bad as we are as a franchise and as "great" as you are we are seperated by just 1 SB title. never once have I ever claimed we have the better history, it's not debateable just like it's not debateable who has been better the last 10-15 years. The difference is I don't make excuses for you being better than us in the 70s, 80s and 90s while you make excuse after excuse after excuse why we have been better in the 00s and beyond.
    Quote Quote