Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Agent & Draft Strategy

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvmac View Post
    Would be a great 3rd safety for us no?
    We can target Vaccaro, Elam, Rambo, etc to start.
    He'll be able to resign on the cheap too, unlike Hartline.
    Voccaro is really interesting in that group because he could man up on slot receivers in base and let us play a big nickel. It also pushes Clemmons to first backup and Jimmy Wilson(if we keep him) to third string
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palmdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinCurry View Post
    Good attempt, only your plan leaves you with no seam-threat tight end who also can block. i.e. no very good tight end. Fauria is not an elite or upper level tight end, he's a glorified wide receiver. Dolphins will take one of the top two tight ends (Notre Dame or Stanford) through the draft or take one in free agency to help out Tannehill. Look at the Patriots, Falcons, Ravens & 49 ers in the 2 conf. championships, notice anything in common? All have very good/elite tight ends who can do it all, NE have two of them. Dolphins will take notice and get one for Tannehill. I hope. Overall nice direction for your offseason plan though.
    I agree to a certain extent regarding the TE position. But I think it is time to be a leader not a follower. I know the NFL is a copy cat league, and it is very easy to get sucked up into the TE hype. I do think that we need a big target for endzone production. Fauria has good hands and is a big body, no breakaway speed, and an above average blocker. We need to revamp our whole offensive strategy. Get a solid running game and an even better receiving game. I think right now we have about a top 12 defense which has the making of a top 5 if we can ever get a scoring offense/or offensive playcaller.
    I got $500 on the Dolphins to win the Superbowl.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PHAZINPHINZPHAN View Post
    I agree to a certain extent regarding the TE position. But I think it is time to be a leader not a follower. I know the NFL is a copy cat league, and it is very easy to get sucked up into the TE hype. I do think that we need a big target for endzone production. Fauria has good hands and is a big body, no breakaway speed, and an above average blocker. We need to revamp our whole offensive strategy. Get a solid running game and an even better receiving game. I think right now we have about a top 12 defense which has the making of a top 5 if we can ever get a scoring offense/or offensive playcaller.
    Having a quality TE isn't hype. Being able to have a quality mismatch w/ LBs and Safetys isn't a fad. Do we need to name HOF TEs who have done it before, nothing copy cat about getting and keeping a quality TE. Give me Eifert and a FA..Cook or Keller, and let the mismatches play out. It makes you find different schemes and players to cover them. Seeing NEs LBs struggle with Pitta and Dickson should be a eye opener to all.

But hey, the fascination to find mediocre TEs is a thing of priority here. Fauria is a young cheap mans Fasano.

Almost every franchise that drafted a young QB, also brought in a quality TE. Here in MIA, we have a guy who disappears and all people here say is, he's a great inline blocker. Well I want more for Tannehill. I want him to be able to identify his mismatch and exploit it. This past season, he had very few mismatches to take advantage of. Fasano and the young Fauria are in the same mold IMO, but I want TE to be dynamic.

Do you people forget what it was like watching CHanning Chowder consistently trailing a TE? This fad you speak of, isn't a fad, its basics.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvmac View Post
    Would be a great 3rd safety for us no?
    We can target Vaccaro, Elam, Rambo, etc to start.
    He'll be able to resign on the cheap too, unlike Hartline.
    I do not call 4mil./year cheap for a player has little to no talent. We can find better ways to spend that money
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cinci has already indicated they will franchise Johnson, most likely. This draft is so DE heavy I think we go after pass rushers in the draft, get our sure fire WR in FA (Wallace, hopefully) then draft the remainder of BPA.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like your FA signings. I would not resign Starks or Clemmons and use their money to resign Long and hartline at the right price. Although Miami may not sign Long to a big contract, they will not let him go. Look for Long to get fanchised one more year at 15M off the cap. That means no starks or clemmons. ODRICK replace Starks and draft a good S in 2nd or 3rd round.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fauria is a pure blocker??? Have you watched him play ever? He is a softer version of Jimmy Graham. No lower body strength at all.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palmdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Cinci has already indicated they will franchise Johnson, most likely. This draft is so DE heavy I think we go after pass rushers in the draft, get our sure fire WR in FA (Wallace, hopefully) then draft the remainder of BPA.

If they want to slap the franchise tag on him for almost 11mil a year let them. He is a 6-7 mill a year guy.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i just get the feeling like we r not signing any free agents and will look to trade down in every round and end up with 12 picks. next year we end up with 10 more from all these free agency losses.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfandubbz~ View Post
    having a quality te isn't hype. Being able to have a quality mismatch w/ lbs and safetys isn't a fad. Do we need to name hof tes who have done it before, nothing copy cat about getting and keeping a quality te. Give me eifert and a fa..cook or keller, and let the mismatches play out. It makes you find different schemes and players to cover them. Seeing nes lbs struggle with pitta and dickson should be a eye opener to all.

But hey, the fascination to find mediocre tes is a thing of priority here. Fauria is a young cheap mans fasano.

Almost every franchise that drafted a young qb, also brought in a quality te. Here in mia, we have a guy who disappears and all people here say is, he's a great inline blocker. Well i want more for tannehill. I want him to be able to identify his mismatch and exploit it. This past season, he had very few mismatches to take advantage of. Fasano and the young fauria are in the same mold imo, but i want te to be dynamic.

Do you people forget what it was like watching channing chowder consistently trailing a te? This fad you speak of, isn't a fad, its basics.
    Quote Quote