Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul To Clinton: I Would've Fired You

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Paul To Clinton: I Would've Fired You

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) criticized Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Wednesday during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing over the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

"I'm glad that you're accepting responsibility," said Paul. "I think ultimately with your leaving that you accept the culpability for the worst tragedy since 9/11. And I really mean that."

"Had I been president and found you did not read the cables from Benghazi and from Ambassador Stevens, I would have relieved you of your post. I think it's inexcusable," he said, referencing Clinton's comments that she had not read all of the documentation surrounding the attack.

"I think we can understand you're not reading every cable," Paul said. He added that he didn't suspect Clinton of "bad motives" but said that it was a "failure of leadership."

Clinton responded, "I am the Secretary of State. And the [Accountability Review Board] made very clear that the level of responsibility for the failures that they outlined was set at the Assistant Secretary level and below."

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) rebuked Paul in the next exchange. "If some people on this committee want to call this tragedy the worst since 9/11, it misunderstands the nature of 4000 plus Americans lost in the War in Iraq under false pretenses."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I would've fired her ass to

She's a worthless woman.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There would have been lots more than her fired if I had the choice.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This witch hunt the Republicans are doing is beyond ridiculous at this point. But let's be honest, last I saw, Hillary had something like a 63% approval rating nationally. Republicans are scared ****less that she is going to run in 2016, as they well should be. This is political, plain and simple. They are trying to discredit her early, and they are going to try often. I like the fire she showed though. I don't know who it was, but some Senator asked her about the circumstances again, and she ripped into the guy. Ironic that the Democrat that shows the most balls in our government is the one without them. I hope she runs in 2016...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    This witch hunt the Republicans are doing is beyond ridiculous at this point. But let's be honest, last I saw, Hillary had something like a 63% approval rating nationally. Republicans are scared ****less that she is going to run in 2016, as they well should be. This is political, plain and simple. They are trying to discredit her early, and they are going to try often. I like the fire she showed though. I don't know who it was, but some Senator asked her about the circumstances again, and she ripped into the guy. Ironic that the Democrat that shows the most balls in our government is the one without them. I hope she runs in 2016...

i dont think this is a witch hunt, if condeleeza rice was up there, the dems would be doing the same thing. her office dropped the ball on this attack and blame should be pointed at her. but shes a clinton, so she isnt going to take any responsibility, and shes going to throw others under the bus.

on the flip side, the democratic congressmen are slobbering over her "service" and how great of a human being she is. this entire hearing is bogus.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    There would have been lots more than her fired if I had the choice.
    Hell, I wouldn't mind one bit if we could oust every elected and/or appointed official in Washington and started all over. I don't think there is handful, regardless of affilliation, that are worth a warm bucket of spit! Clean house and start again!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    i dont think this is a witch hunt, if condeleeza rice was up there, the dems would be doing the same thing. her office dropped the ball on this attack and blame should be pointed at her. but shes a clinton, so she isnt going to take any responsibility, and shes going to throw others under the bus.

on the flip side, the democratic congressmen are slobbering over her "service" and how great of a human being she is. this entire hearing is bogus.
    But that's the point. Condoleeza Rice was up there once. How many hearings have we had over this Benghazi incident? And then we have this ****ing douchebag Rand Paul calling the death of 4 Americans the worst thing to happen since 9/11? Nope, this is a dog-and-pony show, plain and simple. Someone dropped the ball, and that got sorted out. But we continue to hear about it. The lack of WMDs in Iraq was forgotten quicker than this stupid Benghazi crap...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But that's the point. Condoleeza Rice was up there once. How many hearings have we had over this Benghazi incident? And then we have this ****ing douchebag Rand Paul calling the death of 4 Americans the worst thing to happen since 9/11? Nope, this is a dog-and-pony show, plain and simple. Someone dropped the ball, and that got sorted out. But we continue to hear about it. The lack of WMDs in Iraq was forgotten quicker than this stupid Benghazi crap...
    i think we can both agree it was a dog and pony show. this is the first time clinton has testified and she should give her account of what happened i could see if she was asked to come back 2 and 3 times, but its almost 6 months after the attack and she is finally speaking, i dont think thats asking too much. you may think rand paul is a d bag, but he is hardly a mouthpiece for republicans.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'll call it right now, if Hilary runs in 2016 I don't think she wins. I don't even think it'll be close (within 2%). No vendetta against her, there's nothing substantive I can point at to back this prediction, other than she's a women (not that I care, but other's will), just my personal feeling about the matter.

If Rand decides to run however, he's long since locked up my vote.
    Quote Quote