Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Long coming back for Miami?

1. -11
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if they're having back and forth convos already and good dialogue back and forth i'm guessing $8 mil per is on the table already...there wouldn't be much back and forth if he was offering $6 mil a year...we'll see...but i smell a $10 mil per meet in the middle thing here
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Running @ 24 FPS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Halo LegendaryBatman logoXbox LogoCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    They were always going to at least talk to him....
    Thank you for bringing absolutely nothing to the table.

The topic has nothing to do with talking to him...... rather would YOU want him back next year or not? For how much, and why?? None of which you answered.

To me, tagging him is absolutely out of the question. Adam Schefter has stated that his franchise tag # would be $15.3 Million.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-jake-long/

That's way above reasonable in my book, and in no way is Jake worth that much. ESPECIALLY since he hasn't stayed healthy in 2+ years.

Anyone who signs this guy to a big money, long term contract should be terminated. Heís declined the past 3 years, he canít stop the speed rushers anymore, and now heís injury prone. His days of being an elite LT are over.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Running @ 24 FPS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Do you think he's worth paying $10 million next year?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    long needs to look in the mirror and realize his play has fallen off the last 2 years and he can't stay healthy...but i'm sure he's betting on some big spending owner and probably will find one if miami doesn't come correct...someone may sign him to very good money to play the right side in a power scheme...

i'll be surprised if he got less than $8 mil minimum offers as a free agent...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialk0832 View Post
    Do you think he's worth paying $10 million next year?
    no...most i'd go is 2 years $16 mil with an opt out after year one for the team...which means he probably tests free agency...doubt he'd take it before he tested the waters...i said before 2 years $12 mil most i'd go but i'd up to the $16 mil provided i was given a clean get out of jail card after year one if i wanted it

if he signs with us before free agency i'm betting that # i gonna be ugly...at $10 mil per over say 4 years he probably doesn't test...at $8 mil per for 2 years he does...
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Running @ 24 FPS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    Jake Long signed to a long term deal is honestly the most tragic thing the Dolphins could do this offseason.
    Not even for the right price? What if he were to offer a home town discount?

I understand not overpaying, obviously. He hasn't played at an elite level in 2+ years, and doesn't deserve to be paid as an elite LT because of that.

But if I could get a good deal on him, then I might think about it.
    Again, if it's anything remotely unreasonable, then I'd say bye-bye and thanks for your service.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is a tough one. IMO, the oline will go from mediocre to horrible if he leaves (see NE game). But is mediocre worth 12m? No 10m? maybe. Otherwise we're creating a huge hole along the oline, which is the last thing we need. I don't mind paying him a lot, as long as we have some type of "out" in case the injuries continue to plague him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    The Legend

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Oh.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    anything less then 10 million a year id be cool with
    Fan Since 1985 Born Into It
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If they're talking $10M for for Long then I don't see us doing anything else in FA as Jennings, Wallace or Bowe also want $10M. This is a weak WR draft so we'd do better get our FA at WR and TE and not Jake Long.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    if they're having back and forth convos already and good dialogue back and forth i'm guessing $8 mil per is on the table already...there wouldn't be much back and forth if he was offering $6 mil a year...we'll see...but i smell a $10 mil per meet in the middle thing here
    They are not having back and forth diaglogue as suggested in the ESPN article the OP linked. In that article, it links a Sun-Sentinel article as its source, which cites Ireland's press conference as its source - but in Irelands press conference, he said the only time he's talked to Long was during the exit interview at the end of the season, and while Long was rehabing his injury in the Dolphins' training room. I seriously doubt he talked contract numbers with him in that setting, but that's great that ESPN has stopped fact checking the articles they cite as sources.
    Quote Quote