Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Salguero: Jake Long wants to get PAID

1. -41
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Here's what I do not understand. Myself, and a number of other posters here, watch the OL play, with everyone agreeing that Jake and Cog are not good fits to the ZBS. For me, if it's for $1.5M or $15M, I do not want to keep Jake and want to move on with this WCO. We have three athletic guys on the OL in Pouncey, Martin, and Jerry. Why not add at least a 4th, and spend the money on someone who fits and can make some plays?

The Ravens are in the SB with McKinnie at LT, who no one wanted, protecting Flacco, who cannot run. How can we do worse?
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
Gift received at 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM from Flip Tanneflop
Message: You will need this when Moore comes in and starts connecting with Wallace on deep throws.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    Disingenuous. Your 3 reasons are really ONE. Its the same play from different angles. Aldon Smith actually popped him in the facemask and should have been called for illegal hands to the face. That initial pop, threw Martin off balance. There is also no shame in giving up a sack to the best pass rusher in the NFL, especially when its your 1st game of the season playing a new position.
    BTW, why don't you show the video of Jake Long being run over like that earlier in the year?
    Also, he trips over Incognito's legs on that play.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The other issue beyond Long’s salary is what will make the OL a better unit overall? If we resign Long, I doubt we’ll go after Levitre or Vollmer, assuming they’re even available.. I suspect the line will remain relatively unchanged.

If we let Long walk and move Martin to LT, what do we do with the $7M+ we save? Would a line of Martin-Levitre-Pouncy-Incognito-Jerry be better than what we have now?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I get the gist of what you're saying but i dont think anyone has ever accused John Jerry of being athletic. He was drafted for Sparano's bulldozing rushing attack that never happened. Also, the Ravens do not use a WCO and Flacco in theory needs more time to allow his receivers to get down field. Correct me if i'm wrong but ZBS and WCO is quick reads, quick throws, linemen moving in sync, not necessarily over powering defenders..
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinfanInBuffalo View Post
    Also, he trips over Incognito's legs on that play.
    Good observation.
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Nobody is in favor of over paying Long, hopefully both sides can see the light of reason and come to agreement.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    I get the gist of what you're saying but i dont think anyone has ever accused John Jerry of being athletic. He was drafted for Sparano's bulldozing rushing attack that never happened. Also, the Ravens do not use a WCO and Flacco in theory needs more time to allow his receivers to get down field. Correct me if i'm wrong but ZBS and WCO is quick reads, quick throws, linemen moving in sync, not necessarily over powering defenders..
    Many believe Jerry to be athletic, including Ireland in his interview.

I used Balt as a team going dumpster diving to end up with a LT and going to the SB, not because of their blocking scheme.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Franchise him.
    "Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    The other issue beyond Long’s salary is what will make the OL a better unit overall? If we resign Long, I doubt we’ll go after Levitre or Vollmer, assuming they’re even available.. I suspect the line will remain relatively unchanged.

If we let Long walk and move Martin to LT, what do we do with the $7M+ we save? Would a line of Martin-Levitre-Pouncy-Incognito-Jerry be better than what we have now?
    With or without Long it remains average offensive line play but paying 7-15 million to one guy and no noticeable overall offensive line play improvement to be shown is just wasteful.

We're no better or worse with or without him, so why the hell should we pay for that? If we're spending 10 million a year it better be Joe Staley good at LT.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    See ya later.

Martin's good enough.

Need to focus on playmakers...Get enough of those and an average offensive line is good enough.
    Quote Quote