Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Salguero: Jake Long wants to get PAID

1. -71
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can Miami apply the transition tag to him?

Then if someone offers him a blockbuster deal he leaves and we get nothing. We will get nothing if he just walks as a free agent, nothing other than a comp pick. But if the market is not as good for him, there should be a good chance for a new contract. I think the transition tag is the average salary of the Top 10 players. I do think Long will get back to being a Top 10 LT, I think he is a Top 15 right now and that is with a bad season.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Here's what I do not understand. Myself, and a number of other posters here, watch the OL play, with everyone agreeing that Jake and Cog are not good fits to the ZBS. For me, if it's for $1.5M or $15M, I do not want to keep Jake and want to move on with this WCO. We have three athletic guys on the OL in Pouncey, Martin, and Jerry. Why not add at least a 4th, and spend the money on someone who fits and can make some plays?

The Ravens are in the SB with McKinnie at LT, who no one wanted, protecting Flacco, who cannot run. How can we do worse?
    When he was drafted Long could have been a good fit. The funny thing is, on top of his being injured the last few years, he has been noticably out of shape as well. Dude had a six pack at 300 lbs coming out in the draft. On Hard Knocks you saw a noticably different Jake Long. I don't know if that has to do with the injury or just not caring or what, but it could definitely be a factor.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Conducting From the Grave: The Rise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYQ2aKgXafw
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Salguero: Jake Long wants to get PAID

Paid for what? For having trouble with edge rushers and not being able to stay healthy?
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jake Long is not only injury prone but he's delusional as heck if he thinks he's worth over $10 million per season. An elite tackle does not get abused by old 265 pound defensive ends like Long did in 2012.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Someone posted Martin being blown up by Aldon Smith as justification for bringing Jake back. Please note there are two sides to every coin:

Quote Quote  

6. -76
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialk0832 View Post
    I have to disagree whole heartedly....

I'll give you 3 reasons.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...yan-tannehill/

He'll see guys like Aldon Smith week in and out.... (okay maybe not as good as Aldon, he's nasty, but I don't think he can block the top DE's consistently on the Left Side)
    One play doesn't tell me **** about Martin. There's two sides of this coin. Should I start showing Long getting blown up on one play?

Are people naive to believe that one play represents an entire season?

Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    One play doesn't tell me **** about Martin. There's two sides of this coin. Should I start showing Long getting blown up on one play?

Are people naive to believe that one play represents an entire season?
    Its not just one play. It was 47 plays. He was resposible for the league worst in QB hurries by an OL at 47.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Its not just one play. It was 47 plays. He was resposible for the league worst in QB hurries by an OL at 47.
    I'm willing to give him a chance. I'm not going to overspend on a lineman. I want some play makers.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    So we would have scored if we had Long playing? 100% bull****. Also funny that you condemn me for judging based on 6 games and then go on to judge him entirely based on 1 game. Makes no sense.

Or better yet, if Martin sucks as bad as you are claiming (no doubt that opinion will change if he becomes our starting LT next year, then he will be the end-all-be-all of the team), you really want to lay a franchise tag on a guy that couldn't even stay healthy long enough to play in that game, leaving the door open for such a "poor" replacement? Once again, makes no sense.
    You obviously didn't read my post...you completely contradicted what I said about Long. Here you are bagging on me for apparently wanting to tag him, when I said I wouldn't even tag him as a LAST RESORT. Nor would I ever judge a LT during a 6 game span, Martin got his ass kicked more than anyone on that line.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Long has been overpaid and shouldn't be offered anything more than $7mil/year (that should be $7mil AFTER he hits all his escalators for production - aka Pro Bowl level, finishes season, etc).

I agree with the sentiment in the article and this thread that we absolutely cannot afford to pay him elite money, nor should we.

With all that said, that was a HORRIBLY written article. I don't think I usually read too many articles posted by the Dolphins beat writers but holy ****, that was bad.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote