Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Salguero: Jake Long wants to get PAID

1. -31
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    you tag jake long and pay him $15 mil you should be drawn and quartered on the spot...that's the worst idea and scenario possible...$15.3 mil...for a guy coming off ir the last 2 seasons and who's play has declined for 2 years straight...

the problem here is what i expected it to be...long got paid $60 mil over 5 years on his rookie deal his ego is gonna be an issue...

give the guy a take it or leave it...the boselli thing by armando is exactly how this is playing out with long right now...the only saving grace here is that even the top guys are signing more team friendly contracts on the oline now a days...so his agent doesn't have much leverage there...still i bet if he does sign before free agency it's gonna be for top tackle money...and he's not worth it...

this offseason is our chance to get difference making playmaker guys that win games talent in here...don't waste a quarter of it on guys who are injury prone and declining on the field
    I realize it's alot of money. But a young team's offensive line is not something that can just be plugged together.

You gotta play hard ball and try to get him to take a team friendly deal. But in the back of your mind you gotta realize that letting him walk will/can do more harm than good to your team. I'm not saying that you walk into the room and franchise him from the get go. Just don't rule it out because of a 1 year lump sum
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanGator View Post
    I realize it's alot of money. But a young team's offensive line is not something that can just be plugged together.

You gotta play hard ball and try to get him to take a team friendly deal. But in the back of your mind you gotta realize that letting him walk will/can do more harm than good to your team. I'm not saying that you walk into the room and franchise him from the get go. Just don't rule it out because of a 1 year lump sum
    Not really. You can't pay him like he's something he isn't, and he isn't an elite OT anymore. He hasn't been for two years. Overpaying him will kill all of that capspace that Ireland is a genius for creating.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tazthenomad View Post
    Another example of awful writing/reporting. He mixes in opinions and facts and summarizes by saying these are the facts.

Long isn't worth 11 million but we shouldn't let AS incite us to hate Long based on hearsay & opinions . Let's see what Long asks for.
    exactamundo right on overreaction media bought into people's ignorance bliss.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanGator View Post

Not vastly overpaying for an injury-prone shell of his former self LT doesn't mean you are creating a plug and play o-line; it means that you're not overpaying for a position that doesn't warrant that kind of money. He can sign for a reasonable deal here (no where remotely close to the tag level or even half of it IMO) or have fun on the Raiders' IR by the end of next year.

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The simple solution is to say to Jake. Go check out the market, see what your worth, but let us counteroffer. duh. Thats what the good teams do!
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Well if he goes i hope we get a #3 comp pick for next year.............lol
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Long has been paid already now its time for him to give a discount and try to bring a SB to the dolphins and stay with ONE team or if not go play with the CHICAGO BEARS !!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Toyota LogoManchester United FCXbox Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by J Tes View Post
    Jake Wrong. That's cute and so unoriginal
    Jake?
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialk0832 View Post
    I have to disagree whole heartedly....

I'll give you 3 reasons.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...yan-tannehill/

He'll see guys like Aldon Smith week in and out.... (okay maybe not as good as Aldon, he's nasty, but I don't think he can block the top DE's consistently on the Left Side)
    Do you remember when Jake went against John Abraham (i forget when it was) and was made to look foolish?

It happens. Jonathan Martin's overall body of work at LT warrants consideration for him at that position.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialk0832 View Post
    I have to disagree whole heartedly....

I'll give you 3 reasons.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...yan-tannehill/

He'll see guys like Aldon Smith week in and out.... (okay maybe not as good as Aldon, he's nasty, but I don't think he can block the top DE's consistently on the Left Side)
    Disingenuous. Your 3 reasons are really ONE. Its the same play from different angles. Aldon Smith actually popped him in the facemask and should have been called for illegal hands to the face. That initial pop, threw Martin off balance. There is also no shame in giving up a sack to the best pass rusher in the NFL, especially when its your 1st game of the season playing a new position.
    BTW, why don't you show the video of Jake Long being run over like that earlier in the year?
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote