Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Salguero: Jake Long wants to get PAID

1. -61
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    You're judging this entire scenario over a span of just 6 games? May I also add that while starting at LT in the most recent game at NE, the offense scored ZILCH...against a below average NE defense. I have no faith in Martin right now and he has given me no reason to. There is absolutely no scenario in my mind where I would slap the tag on Long for $15m, not even as a last resort. However, I push extremely hard at bringing him back to a team friendly deal. If not, I am forced to leave Martin at LT and cross my fingers that he shows MASSIVE growth or we're screwed yet again with supplementing one whole while creating another. That is a failed philosophy.
    So we would have scored if we had Long playing? 100% bull****. Also funny that you condemn me for judging based on 6 games and then go on to judge him entirely based on 1 game. Makes no sense.

Or better yet, if Martin sucks as bad as you are claiming (no doubt that opinion will change if he becomes our starting LT next year, then he will be the end-all-be-all of the team), you really want to lay a franchise tag on a guy that couldn't even stay healthy long enough to play in that game, leaving the door open for such a "poor" replacement? Once again, makes no sense.

Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Jake Long wants to get PAID then he needs to go find something that he's good at.

Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Special Teams Lunatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Pond, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialk0832 View Post
    Spot on Don! I'll give you an A+ for observational and counting skills... But a C- overall for being too serious.
    This is an outstanding point. As your point in general, your "evidence", and your opinions have all been observed as completely lacking, nobody should ever take your posts seriously.
    "If foot fetish videos of your wife surface online, and the voice of the cameraman sounds like you, just admit that it was you ... because the alternative is that someone else was filming foot fetish videos of your wife, and I'm pretty sure that's worse." - Bill Simmons's enduring lesson to Rex Ryan.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by madmic21 View Post
    I bet you ask any GM what to do with Jake with these following statements in mind, What to do with Jake Long?
    1. You can't sign Jake for a 3-4 year deal for 8-10 million per year.
    2. Similar talent for same price is not available.
    3. Draft is the draft.
    4. You have 40+ mil in cap space for upcoming season
    5. Have holes at WR, CB, Oline, on your current roster.

95% of them say tag him.
    Has it really taken FinHeaven THIS long to have a member with the capabilities to go deep into NFL organizations and leak info like this to the community? Oh, by the way 32 does not fit evenly into a 95th percentile scenario btw.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    tag him or let him walk

to injury prone and not good enough for a long term deal at what dude is asking

terrible remnant (little fault of his own) of the terrible ideology of our past regime- I dont mind him moving on
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    95 percent of gms laugh at you til their sides hurt if you tag jake long...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's been a major decline, and two years not one, with significant injury concerns.

I'm a gambler. This is not a sensible gamble. You've got to forget what he looked like 3 or 4 years ago, or that he may be a great teammate. At this point he's a scared left tackle whose principal concern is to drop his left foot as quickly as possible to avoid being embarrassed to the outside.

Even if he rebounds to close to his former level you don't worry about it. This is not a situation where's he's asking for 120% return on his current ability. More like 400% or 500%. Forget about it. Move on, if he won't accept a fraction of his prior salary.
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Salguero: Jake Long wants to get PAID

Boom. 'Mando is right on the money on this one. Well said.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even if he looked like the greatest LT ever it still wouldn't be a no brainer re-signing.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Any who GM not it alls.... The tag is the perfect tool for a team with a need and can't afford the long term. Jake Long is valuable to this team next year. In 2014 probably not. So we keep him for next year, because that is what it is all about. Set your team up for the following year as best you can inside the structure of what the league has given to you. I think that it is foolish to throw a 2nd round pick out there when you can take shot later to fill that hole. This is all about resources and 15 million next year is nothing when you consider that it leaves flexibility going forward and still allows you to shoot for a playmaker in the draft.

Honestly for all those who hate on Long and the tag what is an alternative? There is no value in FA, the draft in where you should take a player to take his spot is a crap shoot. Jake Long is not an elite player, fine but he means a lot to this team next year based on the circumstances. Henceforth the tag. This is a building process within a win now mentality. 15 Million is a number that may affect next years cap and may be high for the player but if we are weak at tackle next year without Long we will pay. Ask the Bears. Put Cutler on a team with a line and you make the playoffs. Unless your QB is top 3 and maybe still no, you have no shot if your line is a collapsing mess. Jake will play 13-14 games and will be dependable.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote