Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looks like we're getting our stadium upgrades!

1. -31
    General Martian Army

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by electrolyte View Post
    How do you think these sociopaths like Stephen Ross get rich in the first place.

They have no qualms, no conscious, telling them what is right and wrong in these situations. They take, and take, and steal, and do not care. They are cheap like you wouldn't believe.

Normal people like you and me would never get as rich as they are, because we would actually do the right thing too many times.
    “Over thinking things can be detrimental to your intelligence. “ Marvin Martian 2008
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How do you think these sociopaths like Stephen Ross get rich in the first place.

They have no qualms, no conscious, telling them what is right and wrong in these situations. They take, and take, and steal, and do not care. They are cheap like you wouldn't believe.

Normal people like you and me would never get as rich as they are, because we would actually do the right thing too many times.
    I'm honestly more perfect than you.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    General Martian Army

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks

How do you think these people like Stephen Ross get rich in the first place.

They have no qualms about working, doing what needs to be done. But some living off the hard work of others just take , and take, and steal, and do not care about others hard work. They are lazy like you wouldn't believe.

Normal people like most of us would never get as rich off others hard work, because we would actually do the right thing too many times

Fixed it for ya
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Local businesses and those they employ and local government funds for starters... sorry you wont be getting a cheque in the mail though.

This is standard practice all around the world, invest cash in the short term, reap long term benefit in tourism tax and spending. The London Olympics made a massive impact on the British Economy last year and tourism will continue be boosted in the next new few years, to get that boost we had to put cash in, thats how these things world. This isnt "another evil Miami billionaire picking on poor little Miami" this is how the world works.
    How so? Did the world work that way when Joe Robbie used private financing to build his stadium? Or when Mickey Arison did the same to build his? There is alot of misinformation in this thread. In case you're curious, the Super Bowl, which would hit this town, maybe, twice in a decade, comes around during peak season in South Fla as is. The boost isnt what you're suggesting is it.

"Ryan Tannehill out-Brady'ed Brady"- DanPatrick
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    pathetic.... more welfare for millionaires. The middle class has become nothing more than a means to an end for the rich. The "end" being to achieve ridiculous amounts of additional wealth.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Holy apple sauce Batman!

If that's how you really feel, that's some scary ass **** you juts posted!
    Quote Quote  

7. -37

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarksBros. View Post
    How so? Did the world work that way when Joe Robbie used private financing to build his stadium? Or when Mickey Arison did the same to build his? There is alot of misinformation in this thread. In case you're curious, the Super Bowl, which would hit this town, maybe, twice in a decade, comes around during peak season in South Fla as is. The boost isnt what you're suggesting is it.
    Robbie built JRS for something like 100 million. He also took a gamble that if he built it the city would take care of him on the back end. He lost that bet, and his personal wealth took a HUGE hit. He and his family paid for that mistake in SPADES.

As far as I know Mickey didn't build AA with all of his money. I'm pretty sure the Heat basically have got 2 stadiums from the city of Miami.

So you are saying the FAR majority of ppl who have attended the Super Bowl while it was in Miami would have been there anyway? Sorry, makes ZERO sense to me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mb33139 View Post
    pathetic.... more welfare for millionaires. The middle class has become nothing more than a means to an end for the rich. The "end" being to achieve ridiculous amounts of additional wealth.
    I'll let you in on a little secret. When the RICH have to carry more of the burden, they pass that onto the middle class. And not only do they pass it on, they tack on a little more just because they can. The RICH do not pay taxes, and they never will. They have and always will pass that over head onto us the AVG person. No amount of social engineering will ever change that.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I won't give up completely but there's also very little prospect we'll have a dominating home field advantage. I do studies in that regard all the time, comparing home and road results via points scored, points against, comparison to the pointspread, and several related categories. Our venue is so far behind the average and the median, by more than a point and a half, that it would take a remarkable adjustment to catch up. I'm not aware of an example of a bland stadium patched to something other than that.
    Nobody builds a new billion dollar stadium just so the homefield fans sound louder. There are hundreds of other economic variables that would be considered before even considering stadium design.

And as far as "patchwork", there are many stadiums in the NFL that are far older than our stadium. Lambeau field was built 50 years ago and Soldier field was built 40 years ago, and wasnt even designed specifically for football. I think the "patchwork" additions have certainly helped those teams meet fans needs and team goals. Our owner is also bringing the seating closer to the field in this renovation, so I am not sure how people are complaining that Ross is overlooking "the 12th man" concept.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    I'll let you in on a little secret. When the RICH have to carry more of the burden, they pass that onto the middle class. And not only do they pass it on, they tack on a little more just because they can. The RICH do not pay taxes, and they never will. They have and always will pass that over head onto us the AVG person. No amount of social engineering will ever change that.
    If the leadership of this country had balls they would abolish the IRS and adopt a flat tax of 20%. Not only do the rich contribute equally the nation would be much better off financially.
    Quote Quote