Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In Good Hands With Fasano

1. -11
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I see Fasano tied for #10 on TDs, with Aaron Hernandez and Vernon Davis. I also see him at #3 in 2011 on yards per catch among all TE's, and #4 the year before. I also completely disagree on his blocking ability.
    He's smack dab middle of the pack in touchdowns, which isn't impressive considering he's the only person worth targetting in the end zone because Hartline and bess lack size. If he caught 7 or 8 it's a bit more impressive, but what objective nfl fan looks at his 5 touchdowns and says "wow, miami sure needs to bring that guy back"

By the way, he had a career low in yards, yards per catch, first downs, etc in a contract year nonetheless. It's not like the system made him ineffective, he actually had the most targets he's ever had. Does no one remember that god awful stretch from weeks 8-14? Even if he was the best blocker in the NFL, he'd still be considered mediocre with those numbers.

If you can provide some insight on his blocking ability id love to hear it, but it certainly didn't do us any good this year. We couldn't protect the qb effectively and we certainly didn't run effectively. He should be held partially responsible for that
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    coaches like him. so do I. end of story. there must be a smarter reason than stats to this game we call football.

Get another one to take the heat off and watch the offense go. He has been consistent in his abilities although not ever tops. This is a team sport. Not fanstasy league here.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    He's smack dab middle of the pack in touchdowns, which isn't impressive considering he's the only person worth targetting in the end zone because Hartline and bess lack size. If he caught 7 or 8 it's a bit more impressive, but what objective nfl fan looks at his 5 touchdowns and says "wow, miami sure needs to bring that guy back"

By the way, he had a career low in yards, yards per catch, first downs, etc in a contract year nonetheless. It's not like the system made him ineffective, he actually had the most targets he's ever had. Does no one remember that god awful stretch from weeks 8-14? Even if he was the best blocker in the NFL, he'd still be considered mediocre with those numbers.

If you can provide some insight on his blocking ability id love to hear it, but it certainly didn't do us any good this year. We couldn't protect the qb effectively and we certainly didn't run effectively. He should be held partially responsible for that
    here is the part I love.....who do you replace him with?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    here is the part I love.....who do you replace him with?
    Perhaps one of the many free agent tight ends that would be an immediate upgrade? Guys like Jared Cook, Dennis Pitta and Martellus Bennett aren't just tight ends incorporated into the passing game. They're all tight ends that create mismatches and give defenses something to worry about, and they're all immediate upgrades.

In the draft Eifert is the only person I can see coming in and immediately improving the position. Once again I'm not opposed to bringing fasano back as a backup, no more than 2-3 million a year. He is NO starter though.

Also, I feel the stats I posted more than show his ineptitude in the passing game, but if you objectively watched him play this year, you'd see no defense fears him, and he's not that great of a blocker. I definitely feel that rumor about us moving on from him has legs - he's just not good enough.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    Perhaps one of the many free agent tight ends that would be an immediate upgrade? Guys like Jared Cook, Dennis Pitta and Martellus Bennett aren't just tight ends incorporated into the passing game. They're all tight ends that create mismatches and give defenses something to worry about, and they're all immediate upgrades.

In the draft Eifert is the only person I can see coming in and immediately improving the position. Once again I'm not opposed to bringing fasano back as a backup, no more than 2-3 million a year. He is NO starter though.

Also, I feel the stats I posted more than show his ineptitude in the passing game, but if you objectively watched him play this year, you'd see no defense fears him, and he's not that great of a blocker. I definitely feel that rumor about us moving on from him has legs - he's just not good enough.
    And that is exactly what I propose.

Upgrade with Eifert while keeping Fasano.

http://www.nfl.com/player/dustinkeller/1074/profile

thought I would post Keller's stats even though you did not mention him.

Pitta is on a superbowl team, dont think he will go anywhere unless they are strapped. Jared Cook I keep hearing his name. But I dont hear much else in comparison and he would need to learn the playbook and probly a little more expensive.

I just look for details. I keep hearing names and badmouthing our current players but never seem to see something I can chew on that makes sense. oh well.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Last edited by finfan54; 01-23-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I dont think anybody would confuse Fasano with a seam stretcher,but for the better part of four years he has saved our crappy right tackles ass, and our qbs health! He is a move the chains,bail out the qb,keep the drive alive t.e. If Miami can get a seam stretcher I think Fasano would be the best no. 2 in the league and provide security for R.T. the oline and be a team leader
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Punching Bag

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shark city
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keller would be perfect if he wasn't an ex jet

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    We've got to make HOF an honorary Crew member.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBeckHOF View Post
    I want no part of induction into your sinful little get-together you have here, squatting on internet bandwith that could be used in better, more productive ways.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    coaches like him. so do I. end of story. there must be a smarter reason than stats to this game we call football.

Get another one to take the heat off and watch the offense go. He has been consistent in his abilities although not ever tops. This is a team sport. Not fanstasy league here.
    Fasano is a very good TE. I would love to see us resign him and pair him with a seam busting rookie like you have in your draft (I'd crap my pants if our draft went the way you have it going BTW). Guys like him, Hartline, Bush.... these guys are what keep me watching this team even through the tough times recently because they just show up and work hard and do their jobs. They are consummate professionals. They are the example you want to show the young guys that come in. If we could get a few more players to make this offense a little more explosive, these guys would be putting up crazy numbers. It's a team game. They may not be "game changers" but they are very good players.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The hate for Fasano on this board and in the fanbase in general shocks the hell out of me from season to season. Is Fasano a fast seam TE, no but he damn sure is a very good all around TE and someone who makes your team better not worse.

If Egnew wasn't such a dip**** this team should have had a TE duo that rivaled the best of them but apparently Egnew is a *****.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote