Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: In Good Hands With Fasano

1. -41
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Ireland has been quoted as saying for 2 years, that the TE position needs to be upgraded.

As for Fin Fan In Cali, he tried to say it took Sherman until late in the year to utilize the TE. When I pointed out that over half of the Fasano's receptions were in the first 6 or so weeks, he had to goto ridicule. What a waste. Once you shoot down someone's theory, they have nothing left but ridicule.

And my want for a new TE started in 08. This year, with the glut of TE's on the market, I want Keller/Cook and draft Eifert. Give this young QB a solid consistent TE to rely on. Something Fasano isn't. He's consistently gone weeks at a time. No where to be found. He goes out on a route, and DEs can stay with him. When you have a career year of 41 receptions, that isn't a good thing. I want a TE who can bail out his QB. I want a TE who can put the LB and Safety on their heels. I want a TE that teams respect. When you get one of those, it opens up the WHOLE offense.
    I actually agree with you, to a degree. We DO need a 2nd TE to stretch the field but, that does not take away from what Fasano has done for the team. I have to question the number of targets he has gotten. He may be covered by a DE but, when you throw him the ball, he catches it no matter who is in coverage. 41 for 41 is impressive, and has been about the same since he got here.

From what I recall last year, he was a blocker who became a safety valve much more than in the past, and his yards per catch suffered. Someone does not go from 13 yards a catch over 4 years to 8 for no reason.

I would ask that you open your mind a bit here, all things considered, to realize that Fasano is a VG value to our team, not only to block but, when we throw him the frackin ball.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think Fasano is a very solid #2 TE. He does everything well, except for running. His is above average blocker, doesnt make many mistakes, and is a great teammate from what we hear - but he just cant get open like some of the faster more athletic TEs. He just isnt fast enough. We definitely need more speed at that position imo.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    One other thing to consider, said by Philbin on his local TV show, is that Fasano confuses the D. In most situations, D's can look at the TE's on the field and adjust to a pass or run. With Fasano they do not know, because he is one of a few TE's who can do both which is a big benefit to our O.

This was from Philbin, not me, and makes a lot of sense.
    Quote Quote