Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: So what if abortion ends a human life...

1. -1
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks

Domestic Article: So what if abortion ends a human life...

Here’s an interesting article that appears to demonstrate that many of those in the “Pro-choice” movement really don’t care that abortion is killing a human life (a point the author concedes), but rather they believe that some human life is just more important than other human life. I hope most Americans see this kind of thinking for what it really is, dangerous.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/23/so_what_if_abortion_ends_life/
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By that logic, then no one who is Pro-Life should be OK with capital punishment, wars, or anything at all that can possibly take a human life. After all, wouldn't that then be prioritizing the life of a fetus over that of an adult? There is no way to try and explain the views of someone else without sounding like a hypocrite in one way or another. People just need to stop worrying about what others do to themselves. If it's going to send them to a fiery jail cell where they are anally raped by a lava-covered trident every day for the rest of eternity, then that's their prerogative. Why people spend so much time worrying about what a sinner is doing is beyond me. Just live your life how your bible tells you to and leave others alone...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Here’s an interesting article that appears to demonstrate that many of those in the “Pro-choice” movement really don’t care that abortion is killing a human life (a point the author concedes), but rather they believe that some human life is just more important than other human life. I hope most Americans see this kind of thinking for what it really is, dangerous.

Cant be, after all, anyone who has an abortion has one because they were raped or because of incest. Abortion shoud be legal, but that doesn't change the fact that if you have one, you are a terrible person.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    By that logic, then no one who is Pro-Life should be OK with capital punishment, wars, or anything at all that can possibly take a human life. After all, wouldn't that then be prioritizing the life of a fetus over that of an adult? There is no way to try and explain the views of someone else without sounding like a hypocrite in one way or another. People just need to stop worrying about what others do to themselves. If it's going to send them to a fiery jail cell where they are anally raped by a lava-covered trident every day for the rest of eternity, then that's their prerogative. Why people spend so much time worrying about what a sinner is doing is beyond me. Just live your life how your bible tells you to and leave others alone...
    Problems with the above post…

1. It assumes that making a distinction between innocent human life and the life of a capital murderer is just as arbitrary as valuing the convenience of the mother over the life of the baby. A person can certainly be consistently “pro-innocent life” by being against abortion and yet supporting capital punishment.
    2. The poster uses the language, “stop worrying what others do to themselves”, this is committing the fallacy of division, a fetus is not part of the women because it has its own DNA, therefore those in the pro-life establishment are not worried about what women are doing to “themselves” but rather what women are doing to others.
    3. The poster refutes his own position by asserting, “Just live your life how your bible tells you to and leave others alone…” because the Bible tells us not to leave others alone, but rather to fight for what is morally right. So by telling a Christian he cannot do what he views is morally right, the poster is doing the very thing he is criticizing the Christian for doing, he is forcing is moral relativism upon the Christian.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    Cant be, after all, anyone who has an abortion has one because they were raped or because of incest. Abortion shoud be legal, but that doesn't change the fact that if you have one, you are a terrible person.
    "jared81 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Jared - please let me know when you clear some space. Thanks!
    “I’m somewhat disappointed that more African Americans don’t think for themselves and just go with whatever they’re supposed to say and think."

- Dr. Benjamin Carson
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

Problems with the above post…

1. It assumes that making a distinction between innocent human life and the life of a capital murderer is just as arbitrary as valuing the convenience of the mother over the life of the baby. A person can certainly be consistently “pro-innocent life” by being against abortion and yet supporting capital punishment.
    2. The poster uses the language, “stop worrying what others do to themselves”, this is committing the fallacy of division, a fetus is not part of the women because it has its own DNA, therefore those in the pro-life establishment are not worried about what women are doing to “themselves” but rather what women are doing to others.
    3. The poster refutes his own position by asserting, “Just live your life how your bible tells you to and leave others alone…” because the Bible tells us not to leave others alone, but rather to fight for what is morally right. So by telling a Christian he cannot do what he views is morally right, the poster is doing the very thing he is criticizing the Christian for doing, he is forcing is moral relativism upon the Christian.
    The bible says you should interfere with the lives of others and force your views on them? Sounds a lot like what Americans say about the Koran. But I digress, I don't think it says that. I think that's your interpretation. If the bible literally said that, we'd have millions of people all over the country telling each other what they should or shouldn't be doing. As it stands, we have a small number of numbskulls who harrass the average person trying to go about their day, and a vast majority of Christians who live their lives peacefully and out of the spotlight. So that begs the question, who is probably right? The vast majority of Christians who go to church, do their own thing, and leave others alone, or the few who feel like it's their moral obligation to tell everyone else how they are going to hell if they don't change? I'd say the numbers tell the story here...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

I know a couple of people that should have been aborted.

... Just saying.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Is it training camp yet?

Just because you don't agree with someone,
    does not give you the right to attack them.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    The bible says you should interfere with the lives of others and force your views on them? Sounds a lot like what Americans say about the Koran. But I digress, I don't think it says that. I think that's your interpretation. If the bible literally said that, we'd have millions of people all over the country telling each other what they should or shouldn't be doing. As it stands, we have a small number of numbskulls who harrass the average person trying to go about their day, and a vast majority of Christians who live their lives peacefully and out of the spotlight. So that begs the question, who is probably right? The vast majority of Christians who go to church, do their own thing, and leave others alone, or the few who feel like it's their moral obligation to tell everyone else how they are going to hell if they don't change? I'd say the numbers tell the story here...

Are you really taking the position that stopping someone from killing another person is “interfering in the lives of others” and “forcing your views on that person”? So you would be fine with murder being legal? Slavery should be legal? Child abuse should be legal? Rape should be legal? After all, who are you to interfere in the life of the murderer, slave owner, molester, and rapist? Moral relativism crushes under its own weight.

As for your second point, scripture determines my beliefs, not what the majority of American Christians claim to believe or not to believe (fallacious appeal to popularity).
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

Are you really taking the position that stopping someone from killing another person is “interfering in the lives of others” and “forcing your views on that person”? So you would be fine with murder being legal? Slavery should be legal? Child abuse should be legal? Rape should be legal? After all, who are you to interfere in the life of the murderer, slave owner, molester, and rapist? Moral relativism crushes under its own weight.

As for your second point, scripture determines my beliefs, not what the majority of American Christians claim to believe or not to believe (fallacious appeal to popularity).
    I'd rather stick my dick in a meat grinder than talk religion with you, so I'll bow out here and let whomever wants to carry on this conversation do so...
    Quote Quote