Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: So what if abortion ends a human life...

1. -11
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'd rather stick my dick in a meat grinder than talk religion with you, so I'll bow out here and let whomever wants to carry on this conversation do so...
    So THATS why Burger King is in the news lately.....

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    So THATS why Burger King is in the news lately.....
    And that is why I don't eat fast food...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And that is why I don't eat fast food...
    Well of course, since you're trying to increase the quality of the meat..........
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd rather stick my dick in a meat grinder than talk religion with you, so I'll bow out here and let whomever wants to carry on this conversation do so...

Let’s get this straight, you jump into this thread espousing moral relativism (which really has nothing to do with the OP), and then when you get pressed on its obvious short comings you conveniently “bow out”? Nice.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

Let’s get this straight, you jump into this thread espousing moral relativism (which really has nothing to do with the OP), and then when you get pressed on its obvious short comings you conveniently “bow out”? Nice.
    No, I'm just not going to debate morality and religion with a crazy person who just happens to be an evangelical. I'm not a masochist...
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No, I'm just not going to debate morality and religion with a crazy person who just happens to be an evangelical. I'm not a masochist...

Cute, but if you didn’t want to debate morality with me then why did you bring up moral relativism in response to my thread? You’re like the guy who jumps in the bear pen at the zoo, slaps the bear across the nose and then claims he didn’t come there to wrestle a bear when he starts tossing him around. People can see right through you.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    She brings up a provocative question.
    It quite an arbitrary point to define a certain stage of a pregnancy as the point that the fetus actually becomes a human therefore unacceptable to abort.
    We simply do not know.
    Though I believe that viability(point at which a fetus "could" survive) is a reasonable choice.
    Many pro-choice folks likely rationalize the decision by dehumanizing the fetus in their mind.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Also I find it quite ironic that the party who, as a platform, is pro life is also generally for the elimination/significant reduction of Medicaid(bare bones government insurance that provides prenatal care to poor mothers and then covers their children).
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    DRAGONBORN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hallandale, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Here’s an interesting article that appears to demonstrate that many of those in the “Pro-choice” movement really don’t care that abortion is killing a human life (a point the author concedes), but rather they believe that some human life is just more important than other human life. I hope most Americans see this kind of thinking for what it really is, dangerous.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/23/so_what_if_abortion_ends_life/
    I tend to agree. Some lives are more important than others. Who cares if abortion ends a human life. Most of the people who get an abortion are worthless individuals themselves. Essentially all they're doing is ending the life of someone who would more than likely grow up to be just as worthless. I might show up at an abortion clinic one afternoon and thank the losers who are patiently waiting in the lobby area. Abortion is probably the only meaningful thing they'll do in their life.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    She brings up a provocative question.
    It quite an arbitrary point to define a certain stage of a pregnancy as the point that the fetus actually becomes a human therefore unacceptable to abort.
    We simply do not know.

Well there’s no way around defining it has a human from the point of conception on because that’s the point at which complete and distinct human DNA is present. I believe the question you are referring to is when person-hood begins; which you are right, there is no way to define person-hood along the developmental spectrum without being completely arbitrary. The only way to be consistent in this matter is to define all humans as being people which would make the baby a person from the moment of conception on.

Though I believe that viability(point at which a fetus "could" survive) is a reasonable choice.
    Many pro-choice folks likely rationalize the decision by dehumanizing the fetus in their mind.

You pointed out above, and correctly so I might add, that defining “humanship” at any point along the spectrum is completely arbitrary, but now you say that your choice is somehow “reasonable”? That implies that your definition is in fact not arbitrary but you are using some sort of standard by which you measure reasonability of definitions by. What is that standard?

Also I find it quite ironic that the party who, as a platform, is pro life is also generally for the elimination/significant reduction of Medicaid(bare bones government insurance that provides prenatal care to poor mothers and then covers their children).

I think this is a bit of a non-sequitur, a person can consistently be pro-life and also believe it is not the proper role of the federal Government to financially support low income citizens and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    I tend to agree. Some lives are more important than others. Who cares if abortion ends a human life. Most of the people who get an abortion are worthless individuals themselves. Essentially all they're doing is ending the life of someone who would more than likely grow up to be just as worthless. I might show up at an abortion clinic one afternoon and thank the losers who are patiently waiting in the lobby area. Abortion is probably the only meaningful thing they'll do in their life.

How do you measure the importance of a life? If we deemed your life unimportant are we justified in killing you?
    Quote Quote