Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Article: So what if abortion ends a human life...

  1. -11
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'd rather stick my dick in a meat grinder than talk religion with you, so I'll bow out here and let whomever wants to carry on this conversation do so...
    So THATS why Burger King is in the news lately.....


    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,674
    vCash:
    3403
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    So THATS why Burger King is in the news lately.....
    And that is why I don't eat fast food...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    MoFinz's Avatar
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    3,052
    vCash:
    1016
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    And that is why I don't eat fast food...
    Well of course, since you're trying to increase the quality of the meat..........
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,258
    vCash:
    1222
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'd rather stick my dick in a meat grinder than talk religion with you, so I'll bow out here and let whomever wants to carry on this conversation do so...


    Let’s get this straight, you jump into this thread espousing moral relativism (which really has nothing to do with the OP), and then when you get pressed on its obvious short comings you conveniently “bow out”? Nice.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,674
    vCash:
    3403
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

    Let’s get this straight, you jump into this thread espousing moral relativism (which really has nothing to do with the OP), and then when you get pressed on its obvious short comings you conveniently “bow out”? Nice.
    No, I'm just not going to debate morality and religion with a crazy person who just happens to be an evangelical. I'm not a masochist...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,258
    vCash:
    1222
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    No, I'm just not going to debate morality and religion with a crazy person who just happens to be an evangelical. I'm not a masochist...


    Cute, but if you didn’t want to debate morality with me then why did you bring up moral relativism in response to my thread? You’re like the guy who jumps in the bear pen at the zoo, slaps the bear across the nose and then claims he didn’t come there to wrestle a bear when he starts tossing him around. People can see right through you.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    trojanma's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,617
    vCash:
    3832
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    She brings up a provocative question.
    It quite an arbitrary point to define a certain stage of a pregnancy as the point that the fetus actually becomes a human therefore unacceptable to abort.
    We simply do not know.
    Though I believe that viability(point at which a fetus "could" survive) is a reasonable choice.
    Many pro-choice folks likely rationalize the decision by dehumanizing the fetus in their mind.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    trojanma's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,617
    vCash:
    3832
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Also I find it quite ironic that the party who, as a platform, is pro life is also generally for the elimination/significant reduction of Medicaid(bare bones government insurance that provides prenatal care to poor mothers and then covers their children).
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    DRAGONBORN

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    240
    vCash:
    1366
    Loc:
    Hallandale, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    Here’s an interesting article that appears to demonstrate that many of those in the “Pro-choice” movement really don’t care that abortion is killing a human life (a point the author concedes), but rather they believe that some human life is just more important than other human life. I hope most Americans see this kind of thinking for what it really is, dangerous.

    http://www.salon.com/2013/01/23/so_what_if_abortion_ends_life/
    I tend to agree. Some lives are more important than others. Who cares if abortion ends a human life. Most of the people who get an abortion are worthless individuals themselves. Essentially all they're doing is ending the life of someone who would more than likely grow up to be just as worthless. I might show up at an abortion clinic one afternoon and thank the losers who are patiently waiting in the lobby area. Abortion is probably the only meaningful thing they'll do in their life.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,258
    vCash:
    1222
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    She brings up a provocative question.
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    It quite an arbitrary point to define a certain stage of a pregnancy as the point that the fetus actually becomes a human therefore unacceptable to abort.
    We simply do not know.


    Well there’s no way around defining it has a human from the point of conception on because that’s the point at which complete and distinct human DNA is present. I believe the question you are referring to is when person-hood begins; which you are right, there is no way to define person-hood along the developmental spectrum without being completely arbitrary. The only way to be consistent in this matter is to define all humans as being people which would make the baby a person from the moment of conception on.


    Though I believe that viability(point at which a fetus "could" survive) is a reasonable choice.
    Many pro-choice folks likely rationalize the decision by dehumanizing the fetus in their mind.


    You pointed out above, and correctly so I might add, that defining “humanship” at any point along the spectrum is completely arbitrary, but now you say that your choice is somehow “reasonable”? That implies that your definition is in fact not arbitrary but you are using some sort of standard by which you measure reasonability of definitions by. What is that standard?

    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    Also I find it quite ironic that the party who, as a platform, is pro life is also generally for the elimination/significant reduction of Medicaid(bare bones government insurance that provides prenatal care to poor mothers and then covers their children).


    I think this is a bit of a non-sequitur, a person can consistently be pro-life and also believe it is not the proper role of the federal Government to financially support low income citizens and their families.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    I tend to agree. Some lives are more important than others. Who cares if abortion ends a human life. Most of the people who get an abortion are worthless individuals themselves. Essentially all they're doing is ending the life of someone who would more than likely grow up to be just as worthless. I might show up at an abortion clinic one afternoon and thank the losers who are patiently waiting in the lobby area. Abortion is probably the only meaningful thing they'll do in their life.


    How do you measure the importance of a life? If we deemed your life unimportant are we justified in killing you?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Great article on Ronnie and his approach to life and the game
    By hugoguzman in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 11:55 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 02:31 PM
  3. U.S. to U.N.: Abortion Not a Human Right
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 12:25 AM
  4. Pro-life' Romney rankles anti-abortion activists
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 01:49 AM
  5. U.S. Ends Effort at U.N. to Ban All Human Cloning
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 10:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •