Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

1. -31
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    If this is true I would put my money on Denver to make the trade.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: Revis on the trading block. Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    If this is true I would put my money on Denver to make the trade.
    No way. Not with Manning's contract.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Formerly FireWrongstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Revis on the trading block. Would you?

The Jets are stupid, but even they aren't stupid enough to trade a player like Revis in the division. Never happen, not even worth discussing.
    Die hard Dolphins and Devils fan.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Certainly not . . . he is the closest thing to "shut down" in the league as you will see. He can blanket your team's best WR and he isn't scared to get up there and make a tackle. Make no mistake, he would instantly be the best player on our team if we brought him here.
    No he's not, there isn't a DB in the NFL right now that is shut down anything. Basically, I wouldn't put the type of investment required to get a Revis. That's why he's over rated, they all are, basically.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    The Jets may not be the most wisely guided franchise in the league, but your "offer they can't refuse" proposal seems like something I'd want no involvement in. One player is not going to fix the team (Brandon Marshall?) and the Jets surely would not let us get away with murder. They'd force two 1st rounders + out of us most likely and we cannot afford that.
    We very much so can afford it, let me ask you this would you give up Jared Odrick and Mike Pouncey for Revis? Two former first round picks of ours might I add, I'm pretty sure I know what your answer would be. Also we have so much ammunition in this years draft that it can cushion the blow of giving up 2 first rounders, and Revis is whole another caliber player as opposed to Marshall. Brandon depended on a quarterback for his success, Revis alters the scoreboard no matter what.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know that we would NEVER be called for pass interference ever lol
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post

Denver will have about 18.5 million in room before they make moves, I wouldnt put it past Elway to try. Just my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    We very much so can afford it, let me ask you this would you give up Jared Odrick and Mike Pouncey for Revis? Two former first round picks of ours might I add, I'm pretty sure I know what your answer would be. Also we have so much ammunition in this years draft that it can cushion the blow of giving up 2 first rounders, and Revis is whole another caliber player as opposed to Marshall. Brandon depended on a quarterback for his success, Revis alters the scoreboard no matter what.
    You are comparing our PAST draft picks to what lies in the future? Have you not seen the stats regarding 1st round picks, compared to 2nd and 3rds? Odrick and Pouncey have nothing to do with our future 1st rounders, that is completely irrelevant. So basically you would sacrifice two positions of need for one, and hope that a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders would instantly replace an All-Pro caliber center like Pouncey? You're in a pipe dream pal, there is no way this guy is signing with Miami.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post

Off topic but its much more of a pain in the ass to read "Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone." everytime than a few spelling mistakes
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    You are comparing our PAST draft picks to what lies in the future? Have you not seen the stats regarding 1st round picks, compared to 2nd and 3rds? Odrick and Pouncey have nothing to do with our future 1st rounders, that is completely irrelevant. So basically you would sacrifice to positions of need for one, and hope that a bunch of 2nd and 3rd rounders would instantly replace an All-Pro caliber center like Pouncey? You're in a pipe dream pal, there is no way this guy is signing with Miami.
    I was simply using it as an example of the type of talent we're trading away, fact of the matter is Revis is one of those players that emerges in the draft about once every ten years. Based on our spotty draft picks, what are the chances we hit on a player who even comes close to holding Revis' jock? And last time I remembered our pass defense was near the bottom of the league, so yes I'm certain Corner is our BIGGEST need. Btw I'm not arguing that we are getting Revis, I'm saying there's a possibility and that we should definitely pursue that opportunity because it's simple with Revis we = Top 5 defense, and boosts our win totals by 3 games not to mention Revis still has a lot of years left in him.
    Quote Quote