Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 90

Thread: Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

  1. -41
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Longing for Relevancy...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,833
    vCash:
    4543
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    I was simply using it as an example of the type of talent we're trading away, fact of the matter is Revis is one of those players that emerges in the draft about once every ten years. Based on our spotty draft picks, what are the chances we hit on a player who even comes close to holding Revis' jock? And last time I remembered our pass defense was near the bottom of the league, so yes I'm certain Corner is our BIGGEST need. Btw I'm not arguing that we are getting Revis, I'm saying there's a possibility and that we should definitely pursue that opportunity because it's simple with Revis we = Top 5 defense, and boosts our win totals by 3 games not to mention Revis still has a lot of years left in him.
    There is no doubt he is an incredible player, however stating that he would boost our win % by 3 games is a tad ridiculous. You say CB is our biggest need? Well we were ranked a top 3 legitimate red zone defense throughout the season, can you find me ANY category where the offense even ranked middle of the pack in? The offense as a whole is, and has been this team's biggest need for the past several years. **** needs to change, and forfeiting offensive playmakers for a DB is not the way to repair it. We can get a pass rusher in the 1st round this year if Ireland is looking for WRs later, and that alone would ease up the pressure n the secondary. It all starts up front on the defense.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    805
    vCash:
    3282
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No. I think Revis is the top corner (when healthy) in the game, but he becomes a unrestricted FA after this yr and no way I'm giving him a new contract without seeing how he comes back from
    his injury. The Dolphins don't need to be doing the jets any favors and giving up multiple draft picks for revis. PASS
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    kvado16's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    1,040
    vCash:
    1420
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    There is no doubt he is an incredible player, however stating that he would boost our win % by 3 games is a tad ridiculous. You say CB is our biggest need? Well we were ranked a top 3 legitimate red zone defense throughout the season, can you find me ANY category where the offense even ranked middle of the pack in? The offense as a whole is, and has been this team's biggest need for the past several years. **** needs to change, and forfeiting offensive playmakers for a DB is not the way to repair it. We can get a pass rusher in the 1st round this year if Ireland is looking for WRs later, and that alone would ease up the pressure n the secondary. It all starts up front on the defense.
    The argument you're giving me really makes my head scratch.... So when you're backed into a corner you throw our red zone % numbers at me even though they are no accurate measure of our pass defense as a whole? Hmm how about we use the actual ranking to rate a pass defense and thats the pass defense stat which again is in the bottom third of the league, and what offensive playmaker are we giving up? We'd be trading draft picks if anything, and the addition of Revis will ultimately suffocate opposing defenses. Think about it teams already can't run on us, now imagine if they can't pass on us? That's an instant 3 win boost man, it'd be ridiculous not to assume so just look at how bad the Jets fell after he went down although I do acknowledge the other factors that made the Jets suck but Revis going down was the BIGGEST one.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Dolph N.Fan's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    4,655
    vCash:
    3130
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jets would trade Revis to Miami if Miami was stupid enough to overpay for him and I mean like a 1st 2nd and 3rd for him or something like that. Trades between division rivals are rare. They only happened when 1: The player is washed up and the team trading him knows he's done (Eagles trading McNabb to Washington). 2: There's some kind of poison pill involved (Miami trading Welker to New England. Or 3: One team makes the price about 2 times more than what he's worth when trading him to a divisional rival. In this case I would say Revis coming off a serious injury is still worth maybe a 2nd and a 3rd or even 2 2nds and a 3rd. Jets would probably want a deal similar to what Washington gave St. Louis for RG3 if Miami wants Revis from them. So basically it's not happening.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    roy_miami's Avatar
    Rookies

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    7,638
    vCash:
    35290
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    There is no doubt he is an incredible player, however stating that he would boost our win % by 3 games is a tad ridiculous. You say CB is our biggest need? Well we were ranked a top 3 legitimate red zone defense throughout the season, can you find me ANY category where the offense even ranked middle of the pack in? The offense as a whole is, and has been this team's biggest need for the past several years. **** needs to change, and forfeiting offensive playmakers for a DB is not the way to repair it. We can get a pass rusher in the 1st round this year if Ireland is looking for WRs later, and that alone would ease up the pressure n the secondary. It all starts up front on the defense.
    I don't see how anybody could watch our corner backs play and come away thinking they're anything but below average. As for your red zone stat we were 27th in the league on offense in the red zone, does that mean we were always up against great corners or does it speak more to us having a bad offense.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    Twitches Brew's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2010
    Posts:
    1,208
    vCash:
    1499
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In a heartbeat. Best player in the League.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    Mike13's Avatar
    I am a golden god

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    19,809
    vCash:
    10080
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trading within the division is ****ing moronic.
    End of story.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Longing for Relevancy...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,833
    vCash:
    4543
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    The argument you're giving me really makes my head scratch.... So when you're backed into a corner you throw our red zone % numbers at me even though they are no accurate measure of our pass defense as a whole? Hmm how about we use the actual ranking to rate a pass defense and thats the pass defense stat which again is in the bottom third of the league, and what offensive playmaker are we giving up? We'd be trading draft picks if anything, and the addition of Revis will ultimately suffocate opposing defenses. Think about it teams already can't run on us, now imagine if they can't pass on us? That's an instant 3 win boost man, it'd be ridiculous not to assume so just look at how bad the Jets fell after he went down although I do acknowledge the other factors that made the Jets suck but Revis going down was the BIGGEST one.
    When I am "backed into a corner"? LOL that had me rolling. Do you fail to come to the realization that the CBs are hugely responsible for red zone defense? It's like NE's secondary, we give up yards but not points. We're one of the best defense's in the league at the most important aspect of it all...limiting the opponents score, yet you attempt to tell me that a position on the defense is more of an issue than a notoriously inept NFL offense? Please explain, and if I ask, may you refrain from "backing me into a corner" again?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    AFCMiamiEast's Avatar
    Longing for Relevancy...

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2012
    Posts:
    1,833
    vCash:
    4543
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I don't see how anybody could watch our corner backs play and come away thinking they're anything but below average. As for your red zone stat we were 27th in the league on offense in the red zone, does that mean we were always up against great corners or does it speak more to us having a bad offense.
    I never mixed the words offense and red zone together, I was talking about the defense. Thanks for further proving my point that the offense is the team's major issue, bar none. The defense kept us in all but 3-4 games the entire season.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    Phinatic8u's Avatar
    FinHeaven's Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    10,048
    vCash:
    13256
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'd give them 2 1sts..easily.


    Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Trade for Darrelle Revis worth exploring for cap-strong Miami Dolphins
    By Danny6813 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 03:11 PM
  2. Who is Darrelle Revis?
    By twg76 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 05:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •