Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

1. -51
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Revis is an unrestricted free agent in 2014. You want him you get him then for free.
    You dont rent a gimpy DB coming off a torn ACL injury, and you would have to give up multiple high picks to get him.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    When I am "backed into a corner"? LOL that had me rolling. Do you fail to come to the realization that the CBs are hugely responsible for red zone defense? It's like NE's secondary, we give up yards but not points. We're one of the best defense's in the league at the most important aspect of it all...limiting the opponents score, yet you attempt to tell me that a position on the defense is more of an issue than a notoriously inept NFL offense? Please explain, and if I ask, may you refrain from "backing me into a corner" again?
    The irony of it all is really unscripted, but I guess you don't think much before you speak or even after for that matter. Anyhow, I really don't get how your philosophy of giving up yards = good defense, and the fact that we give up so many yards also contributes to the opponents amount of possession time which takes away from our offense's possession time which in turn reduces the efficiency of our offense. So no we don't have one of the best defense's in the league. Continue laughing but the irony is that your argument makes no sense, and to add more confusion to it according to you adding a pass rusher in the first will make our offense better, really?
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never mixed the words offense and red zone together, I was talking about the defense.
    You don't think they're related? Let me put it this way, if any team in the league got to play us all 16 games for the season they would likely have the best red zone defense no matter who they have at cb. We might have played 3 legit QBs all season, hence good red zone defense.

Let me add that New Englands red zone defense is probably a little skewed because they get to play the Dolphins, Bills and Jets 6 times a year plus at least 4 other crap teams from other divisions.
    Last edited by roy_miami; 01-24-2013 at 01:24 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    The irony of it all is really unscripted, but I guess you don't think much before you speak or even after for that matter. Anyhow, I really don't get how your philosophy of giving up yards = good defense, and the fact that we give up so many yards also contributes to the opponents amount of possession time which takes away from our offense's possession time which in turn reduces the efficiency of our offense. So no we don't have one of the best defense's in the league. Continue laughing but the irony is that your argument makes no sense, and to add more confusion to it according to you adding a pass rusher in the first will make our offense better, really?
    It's like talking to a wall...how the hell do you get me stating that if Ireland thinks he will find receiver talent in the later rounds (2,3) that he will probably go pass rusher? Does this reflect my opinion? In a sense, but talk to most "experts" and that is the path he will follow if not WR. I must be Ireland talking about myself in the 3rd person. Since the only thing that pops up in your "brain" regardings responses to my comments is petty attempts at belittling me, go make a public poll. Right on the main Miami Dolphins forum page, and ask the FH community which side of the ball is the biggest priority. I am expecting a landslide of around 80-20% in favor of bolstering the offense first and foremost.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Dolphins should pursue this trade, period. Darrelle Revis is the best player in the league, bar none, when right. We instantly become the best defense in football with the addition of Darrelle Revis, and we have the ammunition to make it happen. Is Mike Wallace, Darrelle Revis, Ed Reed, Jermicheal Finley a dream? Absolutely. But it's also absolutely possible, thanks in large part to the foresight of Jeff Ireland. If the stars align this could be a very Heat-getting-the-big-three type of offseason. And we still have plenty of picks..

The Jets will play ball for the right price, and it's ok if it's a little steeper for their arch rivals. This years 1st and a 2nd this year. If you agree to extend Revis upon trading for him, I guarantee he would take less $ to be a Miami Dolphin. No state income tax, beautiful weather, a team on the rise..
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's like talking to a wall...how the hell do you get me stating that if Ireland thinks he will find receiver talent in the later rounds (2,3) that he will probably go pass rusher? Does this reflect my opinion? I must be Ireland talking about myself in the 3rd person. Since the only thing that pops up in your "brain" regardings responses to my comments is petty attempts at belittling me, go make a public poll. Right on the main Miami Dolphins forum page, and ask the FH community which side of the ball is the biggest priority. I am expecting a landslide of around 80-20% in favor of bolstering the offense first and foremost.
    Bro please keep this peaceful. If you so like you can start a thread with a poll question and see what the results might be.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's like talking to a wall...how the hell do you get me stating that if Ireland thinks he will find receiver talent in the later rounds (2,3) that he will probably go pass rusher? Does this reflect my opinion? I must be Ireland talking about myself in the 3rd person. Since the only thing that pops up in your "brain" regardings responses to my comments is petty attempts at belittling me, go make a public poll. Right on the main Miami Dolphins forum page, and ask the FH community which side of the ball is the biggest priority. I am expecting a landslide of around 80-20% in favor of bolstering the offense first and foremost.
    Not belittling you, it's just that your bouncing around irrelevant points confounds me and slightly irritates me. And you're making this into a defense vs. offense thing really? well let me put it this way for you pal, each player has different value no matter what position. For example would I rather have a Desean Jackson or Darrele Revis? I'll take Revis because he's the better player, I'm not necessarily saying defense is more important but talent is. And the initial thought process between everyone in this forum is trading two first round picks, so we'd still have those 2nd and thirds to get your receiver so that argument can't be used also considering the fact the free agency pool is rich in receivers this upcoming season so bam you kill two birds with one stone.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    You don't think they're related? Let me put it this way, if any team in the league got to play us all 16 games for the season they would likely have the best red zone defense no matter who they have at cb. We might have played 3 legit QBs all season, hence good red zone defense.

Let me add that New Englands red zone defense is probably a little skewed because they get to play the Dolphins, Bills and Jets 6 times a year plus at least 4 other crap teams from other divisions.
    Tom Brady x2, Matt Schaub, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, Russel Wilson, Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford (average I guess as of now), and Kaepernick are all QBs that are easy to slow down?
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvado16 View Post
    Not belittling you, it's just that your bouncing around irrelevant points confounds me and slightly irritates me. And you're making this into a defense vs. offense thing really? well let me put it this way for you pal, each player has different value no matter what position. For example would I rather have a Desean Jackson or Darrele Revis? I'll take Revis because he's the better player, I'm not necessarily saying defense is more important but talent is. And the initial thought process between everyone in this forum is trading two first round picks, so we'd still have those 2nd and thirds to get your receiver so that argument can't be used also considering the fact the free agency pool is rich in receivers this upcoming season so bam you kill two birds with one stone.
    I wouldn't believe that it would only take two 1st rounders, I added a "+" symbol, meaning that there would more than likely be additional picks involved. Revis is a hell of a player, and for two 1st rounders I'd roll out the red carpet...however, I see a bigger price on him, especially discussing trade between bitter divisional rivals heading in two opposite directions (so it seems). Those 2nds and 3rds you speak of would probably be gone in a result of a Revis trade accompanying the 1st rounders as well.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dude's a FA next year. Trading the Jets multiple high picks for him this year is sheer stupidity.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote