Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Who do we need to re-sign?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Long

33 18.86%
  • Smith

40 22.86%
  • Bush

76 43.43%
  • Hartline

84 48.00%
  • Starks

103 58.86%
  • Fasano

33 18.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which free agent needs to stay?

1. -21
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I voted Bush, as he is the excitement of this teams offense. Maybe one day Miller and Thomas will be, maybe not.

I'd like to keeps Starks and Hartline 3rd. I see him as the middle man of our receivers. Bess in the slot, Hartline, and whoever we bring in as the no.1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Jake Long is #1. Then I'd say it's Reggie Bush. Smith and Clemons I think are also should re-signs, but the rest are replaceable. But I'd like Starks back, but Odrick and a 1st or 2nd round pick can replace Starks though. Hartline and Fasano will be told see ya.
    thats funny, I could see the complete opposite happen.

Coaches love Fasano's versatility and he did score 5 TD's this year. We will get a young stud in draft. Not FA. Why spend more money on someone who's production is similar? They dont know the system.

Hartline's asking price is not breakiing the bank. They like that and they like Harltine. If we did not have Hartline this year our WR core would have netted us about 2 wins...to the enjoyment of many on this board.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Starks is a game changer keep starks... Then hartline and then fasano in that order.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

the other 2 scrubs can walk..Sean Smith is an erratic mess and bush has fumble problems....He plays a gAME AT PRO BOWL LEVEL AND THEN PLAYS LIKE A CHUMP THE NEXT.
    "Five yards is my life!" - Don Shula to a referee who had told Shula to quit arguing, that the penalty he just called was only five yards
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I voted Hartline because of the chemistry him and Tannehill developed, his 1000 yard year, and the fact that it would free up our draft needs to allow us to pick up some DBs and DEs. I'd also like to keep Starks too.

Bush I feel like will not be worth any 3+ year deal and I doubt he'll settle for less, also feel like his style is similar to something we have much cheaper in Miller. I trust him enough to put some more responsibilities on his shoulders.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Smith. Solid starting CB on a team that is weak at the position.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    Smith was rated the worst CB in the league in MULTIPLE statistical categories...he is by far the worst player out of the 6.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bush and Starks need to stay in Miami both very solid players
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    We need Starks for sure. Hartline as well.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    thats funny, I could see the complete opposite happen.

Coaches love Fasano's versatility and he did score 5 TD's this year. We will get a young stud in draft. Not FA. Why spend more money on someone who's production is similar? They dont know the system.

Hartline's asking price is not breakiing the bank. They like that and they like Harltine. If we did not have Hartline this year our WR core would have netted us about 2 wins...to the enjoyment of many on this board.

Long and Bush are "must bring backs" imo as they are two top level in their respective positions. The thing about Fasano is that he won't play for the veterans' minimum. And I disagree on the fact about "similar production" thing as Fasano does not stretch the middle of the field and isn't a seam threat. He's basically a blocking TE with above average hands. We can get that in a cheaper young guy.

Hartline as I've iterated many times makes no sense to bring back as we need to bring in "two" maybe three playmakers at WR and that leaves no spot for Hartline, who likewise will not play for the veterans' minimum. He's basically a #3 WR and we have Bess, Matthews, and a draft pick to man those spots. We need "two" quality starters at WR. So bringing Hartline back takes away that second starting WR spot we need to upgrade at.

Now, not going to say that Ireland won't entertain the idea if he agrees to return for cheap, but it just doesn't make sense because then you aren't "upgrading" the position.

Back to Long and Bush in order to hit this point down about Hartline. You need Long because it gives us "two" quality starting LTs along with Martin should one get injured. And you have one good backup with a developmental one. Same with Bush. He and Miller give us two quality starters should one go down to injury. You keep Hartline and Jennings gets injured and you basically have the same receiving corps that we had last year, that blew. No, you bring in Jennings "and" a 1st or 2nd round pick in order to have "two" quality starters should one go down to injury, you still have another #1 type to carry the torch. And you draft another speedy guy in the mid to late rounds to fill the role of #4 WR if the #4 moves up to #2 in the case of an injury.

Point is that you need "two" #1 types in an important position like LT, RB, and WR. This is also why I am of the school of thought that we should make Matt Moore the highest paid backup QB in the league. As insurance should Tannehill go down to injury.
    Last edited by MrEd; 02-01-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't feel Starks is a "must bring back" because we have Odrick to move inside where we can re-sign McDaniel at a much cheaper contract to be Odrick's backup. And McDaniel can start in the case of an injury. We "need" to bring in a pass rusher to start opposite Wake should Wake go down to injuru, the high draft pick can start and Vernon can step in to his spot and the high draft assumes Wakes pass rusher role with Vernon playing opposite him. Yes. Smith is a "must re-sign" too. And so is drafting "two" CBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. For the same reasons I gave above.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah I'm with the majority lol!
    But seriously, for me it's only Starks, at this point I don't want to see any of the other guys back.
    Quote Quote