Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Jets Fire Sale

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    85
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Jets Fire Sale

    The Jets are quite a bit over the salary cap. There are thoughts that Bart Scott and Calvin Pace, among others, could be cut to get the Jets under the cap. Anyone think either one of those guys is a pick up for us? We tried to get Pace back when Parcells was running things.
    Contending is for people who are ok with losing. I do not want to contend, I want to dominate.


    "Because they wouldn't let me go for 3".
    Woody Hayes describing why he went for 2, late in a game with Michigan while up 40 points.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,856
    vCash:
    24286
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    It's not a fire sale, these are guys that were rumored to be let go at various points over the last couple of years. They are older, expensive players. W/ that said at the right price they could be good pickups for any team.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    TrinidadDolfan's Avatar
    1st Team All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    1,054
    vCash:
    1351
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It's not a fire sale, these are guys that were rumored to be let go at various points over the last couple of years. They are older, expensive players. W/ that said at the right price they could be good pickups for any team.
    Here is to hoping that Fireman Ed is part of the Fire Sale
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,856
    vCash:
    24286
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinidadDolfan View Post
    Here is to hoping that Fireman Ed is part of the Fire Sale
    you can have him if you want him.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    TrinidadDolfan's Avatar
    1st Team All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    1,054
    vCash:
    1351
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    you can have him if you want him.
    even though he started out as a Dolphins fan (fact).....nah, send him to Buffalo
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,856
    vCash:
    24286
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinidadDolfan View Post
    even though he started out as a Dolphins fan (fact).....nah, send him to Buffalo
    Like most people he got smarter w/ age.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    number1fin's Avatar
    #onephin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,485
    vCash:
    75
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    I don't want any Jest cast-offs!!!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    3,348
    vCash:
    543
    Loc:
    I'm over here now
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just another example of any player being cut being considered.

    These guys are older and more fit for the 34

    F these guys
    Seriously, did you have to quote that long as post?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,930
    vCash:
    1426
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, it's hardly a fire sale. Calvin Pace is terrible and Bart Scott is over the hill and past his prime.

    The Jets are not in as bad of shape as people think. Cut Pace, Scott, and Jason Smith (RT) and you free up a total of 27 million right there. And it's not like any of those are hard cuts, every one of those guys is terrible. Jason Smith is quality "depth" at very best.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    10,203
    vCash:
    1750
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Yeah, it's hardly a fire sale. Calvin Pace is terrible and Bart Scott is over the hill and past his prime.

    The Jets are not in as bad of shape as people think. Cut Pace, Scott, and Jason Smith (RT) and you free up a total of 27 million right there. And it's not like any of those are hard cuts, every one of those guys is terrible. Jason Smith is quality "depth" at very best.
    They free up 27 million which puts them just 7 million under the cap to sign 27 players. Yes, they're in bad shape.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Jets fire sale
    By Ben Had in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-12-2013, 02:13 AM
  2. Fire Sale Everyone Must go!
    By Chubby in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 03:58 PM
  3. K.C. CHIEFS having a FIRE SALE?
    By PHANTASTIC 13 in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •