Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mando: An honest look at Greg Jennings. Good read, stay away from jennings?

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    still want him for the right price of course.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In the end, I think it doesnt matter about the injuries, the philbin connection, or how old he is.

Philbin said they are not getting FA who are playing for a contract. They will make an offer and move on. It wont be to their liking....and then the tweets and articles come badmouthing Ireland....and then the draft will come and everyone will forget all about it cus they will have a bunch of new groceries to salivate over. All around the age of 22.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have nothing against signing Jennings. I might prefer Wallace, but there are a ton of positives with bringing in Greg. He'll be cheaper. He's very familiar with the system. He's not THAT old. I think we can pick him up on a reasonable contract and be a much better team for it. BUT I'm also someone who would love to pickup Cordarelle, Stedman, and Marquess in the first 4 rounds. Include that with re-signing Hartline and there's a big time crunch at WR. I'd sooner pass on resigning Hartline and bring in Jennings or Wallace AND draft those 3 rookies.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Armando is being ripped for that? It was a terrific angle for a column, to borrow a local perspective. It's ridiculous that more writers don't do it. I don't care how closely you follow the Packers, or the Giants, or you name it, you don't know as much as the locals do, the ones who sweat out every play and every position.

I've used that strategy in Las Vegas for decades. If somebody shows up in town who is a sharp guy and a Falcons fan, for example, he's going to know a lot more about team tendencies than I could pretend to find out.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jennings would be fine if you're talking about building a team to contend in 2013. If you're talking about building a team for the next 4 or 5 years I think he's a waste of time. The way I see it Miami will likely be second in AFC East next season with or without Jennings, so why not focus on quality youth and build your future offensive core.
    Last edited by gregorygrant83; 01-24-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jennings should be #1 target. then wallace, bowe, maybe even call arizona or minnesota for fitzgerald or harvin. but I think they will sign Jennings. They also n eed to use the #12 pick on Cal WR Keenan Allen, Louisiana Tech WR Quinton Patton or ND TE Tyler Eifert
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyLHvJ0h4l4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k56aIsZ3hOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCXSSOMJMS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhdVSwSPIoc

people say Allen isn't good with the ball in his hands or YAC??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUVYuKAjDIo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqJRd3mN01w
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Bottom line is that, IF available, Sebastian Volmer may be the best FA option. Maybe we can get the Cane's mascot to talk to him, Sebastian to Sebastian.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Going by the "read between the lines" take on Ireland's PC.....he is negociating with bring back Jake Long, flirting with the "hard decision" of letting Hartline walk, mentioned upgrading the "slot" WR and the "mix" of veterans with the young guys all but points to Greg Jennings being the "vet" added to compliment Patterson in the draft. At least that's what I read from it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just hope we make some reasonable decisions, something we seem to have lacked in FA and the draft in recent years (actually always come to think of it lol).

Jennings could integrate pretty seamlessly and be a decent alpha receiver. But to compare the upsides of Jennings and Wallace, you'll need a logarithmic scale; Wallace is younger, faster, quicker and could have caught up to most of those overthrown deepballs from Tannehill.

If we forgo Wallace, I'd just sign OL and DE in FA and go all out WR in the draft. Sign Vollmer and Levitre, let Long walk. Sign Avril or another impact defender. Draft Allen/Patterson, Ertz, Bailey, etc.
    Quote Quote