Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mando: An honest look at Greg Jennings. Good read, stay away from jennings?

1. -11
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Glad to see Armando is expanding his roll to drag other well presented write-ups into the trash with his own.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Go DOLPHINS

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post

Id much rather draft TWO WRs in the first 3 rounds. One of them is bound to hit
    Didn't we try that with CB's not too long ago? Look how that turned out..

Draft Bowe / Wallace and be done with it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Glad to see Armando is expanding his roll to drag other well presented write-ups into the trash with his own.
    Exactly! You know what I got from this paragraph in the article.

Now I'd like to share some Jennings knowledge from folks who know him more than me. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel recently graded every Packers offensive and defensive player. It is a major undertaking and, no, I'm not going to do it here because I don't think I could be fair to everyone. I have not studied enough tape to tell you exactly how Randy Starks compared to Paul Soliai.
    Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...#storylink=cpy

I am to lazy to do my job. I only do the minimum of what is expected of me and nothing else. Doesn't it suck for you as fans of the Dolphins that you could have so much better than me?

I gotta agree though with hoops on this one. The reason he was out so long this year is because he tried to play through the initial hamstring injury but made it worse. It wasn't so much that he was injury prone but just didn't give the hamstring enought time to heal. One's gotta think that with him being in a contract year that this factor weighed heavily on the decision to put the surgery off and try to play through the injury. However, after coming back from surgery Jennings looked like he hadn't lost a step. His routes were precise, he easily created separation from DB's and his YAC was something that as a Dolphin fan I have been yearning to see since the Clayton and Duper days. Also that back shoulder throw/catch to him 20 yards down the field is a thing of beauty. IMO he is the best WR in the NFL at getting his head around to locate and catch the ball on that route. Him just being in the film room would also help give the other WR's insight as to how to better run their routes against coverages. There are just certain nuances to each NFL offense that you learn from playing in it for a long time and Jennings input on these would be invaluable. I would be very happy to sign him as a FA. Give him 4 years at 32 mill (possibly 5 at 40 depending on other suitors) with 16-18 guanteed, resigne hartline for 6 years at 36 mil with 18 guanteed, keep Bess and Matthews and draft another WR in the 1st or 2nd round with a late round pick on a project we can hide on the PS for a year or two. That is a WR core I would be very happy with going into camp next year.
    Last edited by mnphinfan; 01-24-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    Exactly! You know what I got from this paragraph in the article.

I am to lazy to do my job. I only do the minimum of what is expected of me and nothing else. Doesn't it suck for you as fans of the Dolphins that you could have so much better than me?

I gotta agree though with hoops on this one. The reason he was out so long this year is because he tried to play through the initial hamstring injury but made it worse. It wasn't so much that he was injury prone but just didn't give the hamstring enought time to heal. One's gotta think that with him being in a contract year that this factor weighed heavily on the decision to put the surgery off and try to play through the injury. However, after coming back from surgery Jennings looked like he hadn't lost a step. His routes were precise, he easily created separation from DB's and his YAC was something that as a Dolphin fan I have been yearning to see since the Clayton and Duper days. Also that back shoulder throw/catch to him 20 yards down the field is a thing of beauty. IMO he is the best WR in the NFL at getting his head around to locate and catch the ball on that route. Him just being in the film room would also help give the other WR's insight as to how to better run their routes against coverages. There are just certain nuances to each NFL offense that you learn from playing in it for a long time and Jennings input on these would be invaluable. I would be very happy to sign him as a FA. Give him 4 years at 32 mill (possibly 5 at 40 depending on other suitors) with 16-18 guanteed, resigne hartline for 6 years at 36 mil with 18 guanteed, keep Bess and Marshall and draft another WR in the 1st or 2nd round with a late round pick on a project we can hide on the PS for a year or two. That is a WR core I would be very happy with going into camp next year.
    MARSHALL the WR doesn't live here anymore.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't want Jennings or Wallace if we have to over pay for them. At a decent price I would rather have Wallace. I want to see us draft 3 guys within our first 5 picks that catch the ball. Hopefully 2 receivers and 1 tight end.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I see Jennings and 2 or 3 picks EARLY on the WR position.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Of course theyre going to give him a crappy grade, he was out most of the year. This guy is better than anything we got by leaps and bounds and could immediately help develop the likes of Rishard Matthews and Binns. If we can get him at 7 mil/yr, it shouldn't be a question.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    MARSHALL the WR doesn't live here anymore.
    Brain Fart, I meant Matthews. Thanks for the head up. Anything else you'd like to add to the conversation?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Philbin knows these players comprehensively and I am sure vetoed the Flynn deal in favor of going for Tannehill in the draft.

If Philbin wants Jennings, then I trust his judgment.

Jennings had a sub par contract year, elite competition in free agency and a very deep WR draft class, so his market value is well below that he would like. Ireland does not need to overpay Jennings if Philbin wants him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The good news is that we dont have to rely on Armando's sportswriting sham as insight into Greg Jennings, because Philbin has direct knowlege of Jennings. The Fins already know what Jennings is worth to a team, much like we knew about Matt Flynn and Ryan Tannehill when we researched them.
    Quote Quote