Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady/Manning winding down, ray lewis retiring, steelers D old, huge offseason for us

1. -11
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    QB's in their late 30's break down. Their arms and shoulders break down and are sore. Their knees and bodies are battered from punishment. Marino even said he was beat up at the end of his career. If u think manning/brady are not slowly entering the declining years of their careers then your incorrect. But if both of them play into their 40's at a high level then ill stand corrected and be shocked but i highly doubt it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    Tom Brady is a human being he is not superman yes his numbers were good this year but he does not have the capability of single handily leading his team to this clutch wins anymore. It's reality. It's fact. Brady is winding down and we all saw it sunday night. Every elite QB starts to decline in their late 30's. So what are u saying he is on an upswing? No. Look I even said he will being playing at a high level for the next few years but the magic is winding down. Will you really be that concerned with a 38 year old tom brady? I wont be. All I'm saying is he is on the path of decline and we need to make moves now so were ready to compete when brady/manning/ray lewis/ and the steelers defense is gone.
    You are delusional, the guy is still the best quarterback in the game as far as I know. Neither quarterbacks in this year's Super Bowl have single handedly lead their teams to clutch wins either. Both quarterbacks in the Super Bowl have a lot more talent on both sides of the game in their respective teams than Brady does.

Going into the Conference Championships:

Falcons - Jones, White, Gonzales, Turner

49ers - Gore, Crabtree, Davis, Moss

Ravens - Pitta, Rice, Boldin, Smith, Jones

Patriots - Hernandez and Welker

Pretty sure Brady would do just fine having a stacked team like the Ravens do.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wait a second, here we've seen Peyton Manning coming off a severe injury, moving, then going to a different team, winning their division and were basically a play away from going to the Super Bowl is a decline, so lets roll the drums out...?

I could say the exact same thing about Brady, but most of you catch my drift.

Only 2 teams reach the Super Bowl - we could have beat the Patriots and the 49ers this season, we just didn't make enough plays.

There is a fine line between winning and losing. Winning teams don't except losing and pay attention to detail.

If we wanna make ourselves feel better by saying they're both declining, okay, but there's still Drew Brees, Joe Flaco, Aaron Rogers, Colin Kaepernick, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson and I'm sure a few others that will fill their void.

-ucfpf13
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brady may very well begin to decline-- next year, the year after that, eventually. However, his decline sure as hell hasn't begun yet. His 2012 season is still better, by leaps and bounds, than any Miami QB in almost 20 years (I'd say only Marino's 1994 season even begins to compare).
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This isn't a Brady/Manning conversation... let's focus on the most important part of this thread...

The CHIEFS?!?!!!?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The pocket has become a much less dangerous place lately, I expect this to prolong the life of a lot of QBs who can use this to avoid beatings.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Picks and money
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    It is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The last team to play for a superbowl from the AFC besides the Pats, Steelers, or Colts before this year was the Raiders........ Since the 2000 season the Steelers, Pats, Colts, and Ravens have been the representative for the AFC all but one year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Needs more cowbell

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You raise a valid point. Once you reach a certain age the body doesn't recover from hits like it used to and the effect is cumulative. BTW, don't sleep on the Browns - I always liked Chud and hiring Turner as their OC was a good move. They have a young, talented foundation. They just need to hit on a few picks (sounds eerily familar for some reason).
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ucfphinfan13 View Post
    Wait a second, here we've seen Peyton Manning coming off a severe injury, moving, then going to a different team, winning their division and were basically a play away from going to the Super Bowl is a decline, so lets roll the drums out...?

I could say the exact same thing about Brady, but most of you catch my drift.

Only 2 teams reach the Super Bowl - we could have beat the Patriots and the 49ers this season, we just didn't make enough plays.

There is a fine line between winning and losing. Winning teams don't except losing and pay attention to detail.

If we wanna make ourselves feel better by saying they're both declining, okay, but there's still Drew Brees, Joe Flaco, Aaron Rogers, Colin Kaepernick, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson and I'm sure a few others that will fill their void.

-ucfpf13
    With exception of Flacco, all those QBs are in the NFC which is good news for us. The AFC will be up for the taking once Mannjng and Brady retire because the only elite QBs left in the AFC are Luck and Flacco. I truly believe Tannehill will be one of the best QBs in the AFC in the coming years.
    Quote Quote