Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WR is not the biggest weakness on our team!

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Chris McCain Should Start

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    XB1 Conroller

Playoffs WR is not the biggest weakness on our team!

Everyone seems to be going crazy trying to solve the WR position on our team this off-season but in reality all we need is a #1 receiver either through the draft or free agency but not both. We are one really good #1 WR away from having a good WR core.

On the other hand, we have absolutely no talent in the entire secondary other than Reshad Jones. We need to draft CB's galore and address all of our weaknesses, like Tight End, OLB, FS or SS(whichever Reshad doesnt play), Left Tackle.

I think it is a mistake to over pay for Jennings or Bowe or Wallace or any WR when we have so many holes and mediocre players that need replacing because even if we signed both Bowe and Wallace we would still have a crappy middle of the pack team.

We just gave away a top 5 receiver last off-season in Brandon Marshall. No one we can get will be better than him. Jeff Ireland is a horrible talent evaluater and we are still giving him a shot. We are screwed no matter what happens with Ireland in charge but we shouldn't be looking for "homerun players" that could be great or bust... we should look into drafting the best players for our needs on the team or the best players available.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We dont really need Jennings if you score on two WR's in this draft with a TE. But Hartline is the other story that everyone will be waiting to hear about. Hartline gone, you might want jennings to replace.

And Brandon Marshall was not a top 5 receiver when he was here. And he didnt help the Bears much did he? They fell short just like us. Now Lovie gone.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I am now officially on record for wanting to re-sign Hartline, sign a FA TE and draft a WR in the 2nd round. Wallace I think is overrated. Jennings I like, but not for the money he will possibly warrant. Bowe...does not excite me.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daphne, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am now officially on record for wanting to re-sign Hartline, sign a FA TE and draft a WR in the 2nd round. Wallace I think is overrated. Jennings I like, but not for the money he will possibly warrant. Bowe...does not excite me.
    I'm mostly with you Hayden. I think Hartline is serviceable as a #2, especially for what we can sign him for compared to free agents. Wallace might be overrated but I would rather spend on him than Bowe. Jennings (I'll post the stats later) really has not done that well for the last two seasons. He has missed games due to injuries and his production has gone down even though his targets per game have basically stayed the same. He may be cheaper than Wallace or Bowe but I'm not convinced he is a #1 receiver now based on his last two years production and his age is against him in terms of "upside".

I hope we get receiving TE in the draft and we don't overpay for a WR just to "make a move".
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You "need" to add "2" WRs one via FA and another via the draft, at "least". Ppl with the "just add one" guy idea will be the first ones crying like babies when we have an injury and we are back to square one Hartline and Bess. Ehh! Nope. We must add a Jennings "and" draft one high in this year's draft if not at #12. Yes, I agree with the need to draft a few CBs, but we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and a 4th round pick we can use. That will not take away our need for at least "2" new UPgrade WRs. And imo Hartline's not coming back. Ireland all but read it out to us in his PC. Listen closely.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I take it you didn't watch our games this year?

We need a number 1 and 2 receiver badly...

I would bring in 3 receivers this offseason with a combination of drafting and free agent...2 of the receivers have to by high draft picks or the top free agents...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wr not our biggest weakness?
    You can water board me and you still wouldn't convince me that our wide receivers
    are a huge problem with this team

Look at it this way

Rookie cb Janoris Jenkins had more tds than Bess and Hartline combined
    Rookie linebacker Zach Brown had just as many tds as Bess and Hartline combined
    Rookie free safety Harrison Smith had as many tds as hartline and Bess combined

Defensive rookies scoring more tds than our 2 top wide receivers...have you seen the problem yet?

How about two top wide receivers accounting for 12 points out of the 288 scored by the Dolphins

It's a terrible travesty that Ireland surrounded Tannehill with the so called weapons this season
    and Ireland better get his head out of his rectum this off season and get Tannehill some weapons
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not sure if this draft has a true #1 WR in it.
    i know it has a true #1 TE as well as CB
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea I disagree. Seems to me we DID have a #1 receiver last year in Brandon Marshall and our receiving core still sucked. We are running a WCO which requires layers and depth at the receiver position. YES we do have other holes, YES we do have a solid slot option with Bess and #2/#3 in Hartline, but beyond that our talent or lack there of is a concern. This in effect puts more pressure upon Bess and Hartline exposing our BIGGEST weakness.

As a matter of fact I agree that we need to draft skill positions, DBs, TE, DE, however...signing a big name talent WR will alleviate our drafting responsibility and give us more flexibility in our first 5 picks. With the talent available in FA, I don't care if we have to "overpay" for a 26 year old stud. What good is all this cap space if we only use it to resign the same team that has brought us 4 losing seasons.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Bleed Aqua

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by russianbear View Post
    As a matter of fact I agree that we need to draft skill positions, DBs, TE, DE, however...signing a big name talent WR will alleviate our drafting responsibility and give us more flexibility in our first 5 picks. With the talent available in FA, I don't care if we have to "overpay" for a 26 year old stud. What good is all this cap space if we only use it to resign the same team that has brought us 4 losing seasons.
    This Exactly

We ll the finz were up, but then they let me down... again
    Quote Quote