Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WR is not the biggest weakness on our team!

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keenan Allen would be a good fit for Philbins offense, signing Wallace and drafting Allen would give me a woody.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daphne, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    Our biggest weakness is still quarterback.
    You are kidding, right? Our top 2 QBs are better than the most of the rest of the talent on this team. Even #3 might be better but we can't tell because he hasn't played against high level competition yet.

On the other hand we know that we don't have a #1 receiver. We know that our secondary was makeshift at best with the injuries. We can call Fasano "reliable" but that doesn't get it done with today's need for a receiving TE that can make plays. Our LBs have trouble covering anyone and we don't have a second pass rusher.

Even with our "huge" salary cap money we are going to have trouble covering all these gaps and you really think QB is our biggest concern?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daphne, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I am now officially on record for wanting to re-sign Hartline, sign a FA TE and draft a WR in the 2nd round. Wallace I think is overrated. Jennings I like, but not for the money he will possibly warrant. Bowe...does not excite me.
    I'm mostly with you Hayden. I think Hartline is serviceable as a #2, especially for what we can sign him for compared to free agents. Wallace might be overrated but I would rather spend on him than Bowe. Jennings (I'll post the stats later) really has not done that well for the last two seasons. He has missed games due to injuries and his production has gone down even though his targets per game have basically stayed the same. He may be cheaper than Wallace or Bowe but I'm not convinced he is a #1 receiver now based on his last two years production and his age is against him in terms of "upside".

I hope we get receiving TE in the draft and we don't overpay for a WR just to "make a move".
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WR's with YAC and redzone ability will help us score more. Scoring more = more wins.

Screw the DB's, the Dolphins can't score and that needs to be addressed.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    MIA#1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wrs are not the problem lmao.. yup who can score tds?
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    I'm over here now
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need a DE
    Seriously, did you have to quote that long as post?
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why no love for Hartline? He just had over 1000 YDS coming off a turbelant offseason and with a rookie QB.

I would seriously draft both Keenan Allen & Robert Woods with first two picks. They both ideal for WCO. A WR core consisting of Hartline, Allen, Woods & Bess, would potentially be superb.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Respectfully to the OP, I disagree. Our biggest need is clearly WR. While Reshad Jones is utter class, and the rest of the DB's are mediocre, its not that bad overall. Even with an average pass rush generated by an excellent Cam Wake and a lot of help from the scheme, we did OK. But, that scheme help in part came from fast DB's blitzing. Clemons, Carroll and the rest added an element of surprise. Clemons had some games where he was clearly overmatched and looked lost, but he also had a surprising number of good games. Carroll, Patterson, Marshall, and the others each had their moments in an up and down season. Sean Smith wasn't great, and he didn't make INT's like he should have, but all in all he had a good season and is solid.

Our WR situation was abysmal. Hartline, who missed all of preseason with health issues, hooked up with a rookie QB to have a career year. Why? Because nobody else on our WR corps was worth a damn. Bess can't do anything but slot underneath stuff and never is a threat to break one. Heck, he had a ton of 3rd down catches short of the 3rd down line that they just let him catch and then tackled him short of the mark ... that was soooooo demoralizing to watch. In a league where the top slot WR's are guys like Welker, Jennings, Cruz and much of the underneath stuff is done by TE's like Gronkowski, Whitten, Gonzales, Pitta, Graham, Hernandez, Tamme, Daniels and Vernon Davis, how is it that so many Dolphin fans are convinced Davone Bess is a good slot WR? And let's not even start talking about our split end (X) receiver ... because we have none. Formations with 4 and 5 wide ... we only have 2 guys who can even catch a pass (Hartline and Bess), the only way we could score off those formations is if the defensive backfield fell down ROFL'ing at our receivers.

The WR corps is horrid. It will be rebuilt next year as we bring in Jennings to take over the slot and draft 2 rookies (e.g. Cordarrelle Patterson and Ryan Swope) to be our deep threat split end and our 4th WR. Then a developmental guy like Matthews, Binns or Tyms will be our backup X, but only 1 of them. Then, maybe we can run the fast tempo WCO because the pattern will have 3 WR's out instead of 1 WR and 2 manakins.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tazthenomad View Post
    You are kidding, right? Our top 2 QBs are better than the most of the rest of the talent on this team. Even #3 might be better but we can't tell because he hasn't played against high level competition yet.

On the other hand we know that we don't have a #1 receiver. We know that our secondary was makeshift at best with the injuries. We can call Fasano "reliable" but that doesn't get it done with today's need for a receiving TE that can make plays. Our LBs have trouble covering anyone and we don't have a second pass rusher.

Even with our "huge" salary cap money we are going to have trouble covering all these gaps and you really think QB is our biggest concern?
    I said biggest weakness, not biggest concern; and I'm talking about our current starting quarterback being the biggest weakness becuase it's the key position. You can have all the weapons you want and the best defense but if the quarterback is not good it doesn't matter.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BG12DM13CP10 View Post
    I said biggest weakness, not biggest concern; and I'm talking about our current starting quarterback being the biggest weakness becuase it's the key position. You can have all the weapons you want and the best defense but if the quarterback is not good it doesn't matter.
    theres nothing wrong with our QB , he really had no weapons to throw to , we had to keep the TE in to block , and we didnt have any deep threat Deeeeeeep , over the top WR , and what midgets , i mean WRs we did have was covered by all the bigger CBs in the league , and i dont care if Tommy Brady was QB we wouldnt have had any better season than we had because of no depth at WR and no TE to catch the ball because he had to stay in and block, so atleast hold the verdict on our QB poss until he has a chance with some REAL WRs to throw the ball to.

Quote Quote