Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WR is not the biggest weakness on our team!

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We obviously need a WR who can tear the top of the defense and who can consistantly catch the damn ball. Crabtree has really impressed me this year, that guy seems to catch the ball with his hands just about every time.

That said, if we had better corners, we probably make the playoffs this year and last year too. Our corners are without a doubt the teams biggest liability. Sean Smith got a little better this year, but he is still not good. They couldn't seem to stop anyone in the 4th quarter on 3rd down.

The colts game was a total disgrace, distance didn't make any difference at all on all those 3rd down conversions.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    People get real lost in the WR conversation. It's not that we need a #1 WR . . . we need a better group of WR's, and just adding a Brandon Marshall or whatever #1 WR doesn't fix the overall group. MiamiRon put it best . . . out of every WR that played for us in 2012, we have THREE WR Touchdowns . . . one was a broken play where rookie CB Janoris Jenkins made a big rookie mistake and Marlon Moore was wide open. Hell Legadu Naanee could of caught that (well he probably would of fumbled it some how). The other 2 TD's were by our 2 starting WR's with 1 a piece. That just isn't good enough, I'm sorry.

WR is our biggest weakness right now and while this draft may not have the bonafide #1 stud WR's like Megatron or Fitz, this draft is LOADED with guys that can improve the overall WR group. Hell I hesitate to even spend Free Agent dollars on WR because you literally can improve your group in the draft and use those dollars on another position that won't be as easy to improve in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Playoffs Please!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaniii View Post
    Why no love for Hartline? He just had over 1000 YDS coming off a turbelant offseason and with a rookie QB.

I would seriously draft both Keenan Allen & Robert Woods with first two picks. They both ideal for WCO. A WR core consisting of Hartline, Allen, Woods & Bess, would potentially be superb.
    2 draft picks and suddenly we will have a superb WR core? LOL.....can I get whatever you are smoking?

and to the OP who says....all we need is a #1 WR.....please tell me the last 3 true #1 Wr's we've had? I would bet my house you have to go over 10 years to find them.

Nothing like wasting a young QB's potential by giving him no weapons. Brilliant
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Bleed Aqua

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by russianbear View Post
    As a matter of fact I agree that we need to draft skill positions, DBs, TE, DE, however...signing a big name talent WR will alleviate our drafting responsibility and give us more flexibility in our first 5 picks. With the talent available in FA, I don't care if we have to "overpay" for a 26 year old stud. What good is all this cap space if we only use it to resign the same team that has brought us 4 losing seasons.
    This Exactly

We ll the finz were up, but then they let me down... again
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    ***** in the House!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WR is a no brainer. Big weakness on this team.
    We also need pass rushers badly. Our corners wouldn't have to cover as long.
    Those are our two biggest needs IMO.

A playmaking TE would help too...
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Get 1 problem soved????

I think not.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    26TH PASSING OFFENSE
    17TH RUSHING OFFENSE

27TH PASSING DEFENSE
    13TH RUSHING DEFENSE

Seems to me like BOTH are real problems, PASSING OFFENSE are WR's, TE's and QB. We need improvement on the QB play, a solid TE, and some WR's. On the other side PASSING DEFENSE are DE's, CB's, S's and LB's(Covering TE's). We need more pressure at DE, some CB's and better play by Clemons or whomever takes his place. I think this year our LB's did a good job covering TE's. Ideal scenario would be a SOLID WR, OL and CB on FA, and WR, TE, CB, DE and LB on draft day.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    For Earth Below

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The biggest problem on the team is the lack of turnovers generated by the defense. The Patriots had 41, the Dolphins 16, which was something like tied for 29th in the league. Whether or not generating turnovers is in part random, the team would benefit most by having ball hawks in the secondary, which would necessitate an upgrade over Chris Clemons as well as the CB's. Plus, another way to close the gap with the Patriots is to upgrade FS so that the Dolphins can cover their multitude of tight ends.

Part of the reason the Ravens shut down the Patroits was because they won the turnover battle 3-0 and they actually have defenders that can catch the ball and recover a fumble.

Defensive yardage rankings are misleading because many teams that always put up a lot of points force their opponents to throw a lot and thus give up a lot of passing yardage.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    developing and having a franchise qb is the #1 priority. you do that through having WR's to throw to
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How do you expect Tannehill to grow as a player when he has really nobody to throw to? Our #1 WR only has 1 TD. It gets uglier after that.

It is by far our biggest weakness. Ireland himself said we need players who can score TDs.

Quote Quote