Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roman's 3-Months-to-the-Draft Four Round Mock

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love the mock, but sadly a lot of those picks are generous. Those guys will all go higher Like where your head is at!
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Fin Fan from MD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As much as I would love that draft. I don't think Trufant will fall that far. Fisher may not be on the board there either. Where we are in round 2 we will probably be looking at Logan Ryan CB from Rutgers if we go CB there. Personally I hope that Jake Long sings a deal that works for both parties. Free us up to draft elsewhere in round 1. Maybe trade back and pick up Patterson or Allen. Ertz in the early 2nd round or CB. Kyle Long had himself a solid Senior Bowl. He would be great in the middle rounds. I really like your Cornelius "Tank" Carradine pick. He's a sleeper in the middle rounds because of the injury he had. Had he stayed healthy he'd be a 1st rounder.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Continue investing high picks on the o-line? Makes sense. Definitely worked so far. Eventually the league may change again and oline will become the most important thing on the team. We'll be ahead of the curve!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
    I know everyone wants weapons for Tannehill, but the bottom line is you cannot win consistently in the NFL without a great offensive line. If Jake Long goes elsewhere, and I think he will take more money to play elsewhere, then we have to either move Martin to LT, or draft another LT and move Martin back to RT. I don't see us acquiring a great LT through free agency.

Football Outsiders does a great job in ranking offensive lines using a lot of measurables. They have the top twelve O-lines ranked as follows -
    1. San Fran
    2. NYG
    3. SEA
    4. NE
    5. NYJ
    6. BALT
    7. WASH
    8. BUF
    9. HOU
    10. MINN
    11. CINCY
    12. DEN

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/OL

The Miami Dolphins are ranked 21st. If you just look at Left Tackles, we ranked 11th. But the key to these ranking are that 9 out of the top 12 offensive lines made the playoffs. Three teams had worse ranking then us and made the playoffs,,,,,Atlanta, Green Bay and Indianapolis....but those three teams have very good QB's and Wide Receivers. I think there is a good possibility the top two LT's (Joeckel and Fisher) will both be taken before we pick at #12. In that case I probably would go with Patterson or Allen at WR......but make no mistake, we have to improve our O-line, and we don't have a lot of options. There are plenty of great wide receivers in the 2013 draft, but not many great LT's.
    1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    2. ILB: Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
    4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
    5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
    6. QB: Connor Shaw, South Carolina
    7. RB: Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nando03 View Post
    As much as I would love that draft. I don't think Trufant will fall that far. Fisher may not be on the board there either. Where we are in round 2 we will probably be looking at Logan Ryan CB from Rutgers if we go CB there. Personally I hope that Jake Long sings a deal that works for both parties. Free us up to draft elsewhere in round 1. Maybe trade back and pick up Patterson or Allen. Ertz in the early 2nd round or CB. Kyle Long had himself a solid Senior Bowl. He would be great in the middle rounds. I really like your Cornelius "Tank" Carradine pick. He's a sleeper in the middle rounds because of the injury he had. Had he stayed healthy he'd be a 1st rounder.
    I agree with you that Trufant has really been moving up the boards and he may go in the first round. Having some good "all star" games at the end of the year can really move you up, and you also can drop a lot with a bad game. My mock is hoping the best case scenario, and I know some guys who could really help us will likely be snatched up by other teams. I just hope Ireland gets it right this year. I think Carradine will be a great find for whoever takes him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love this draft.

That said, Fisher wont make it past San Diego. Every mock now has him going there.

Apparently, people here think that you draft your skill positions first, regardless if you think they are going to be all that or not. dont understand that logic as every draft person I have ever listened to never goes by that logic. Ted Ginn Jr. proves this theory.

Eric Fisher is a beast. Anyone who does not want your new LT here is forgetting the Colombo days already. That said, a guy like Quessenberry could fill in nicely and they are high on Yeatman. Fact is, you dont sign Jake Long, you dont have a LT. Forget Martin there because he has not faced the stiff competition Jake has. People will regret that move.

People dont want to "reach" for Eifert or others, but will just book it for Allen or Patterson at 12. The need is just too high. Well, we have four other picks in 3 rounds with deep talent. I hope the guy we get in the end at WR knows the route tree so he can start day one or at least be a major part of the offense. Otherwise, WR's tend to get overrated in drafts based on need. Scary IMO. Thankfully, there is a lot of talent at WR this year.

CB is a key positon to me. There are now four first round CB's and it would be smart to grab one in first round. I like them all. Xavier Rhodes is also someone they mention, not sure about him.

We have holes at LT, WR, CB, S, and TE if none of our FA are re-signed. WR, DE, S, and some TE are deep. CB not so much. a drop off after 2nd round as far as playmakers are concerned.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins-Long #1 overall in draft(1) Pouncey(1)Martin(2)Jerry (3)
    4 out of 5 guys and our line still is bad perhaps it was the zb but we loose Long and were in even worse shape.but to pony up that $$$for a guy who is declining and is often injured makes it a tough decesion
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    I would love this draft.

That said, Fisher wont make it past San Diego. Every mock now has him going there.

Apparently, people here think that you draft your skill positions first, regardless if you think they are going to be all that or not. dont understand that logic as every draft person I have ever listened to never goes by that logic. Ted Ginn Jr. proves this theory.

Eric Fisher is a beast. Anyone who does not want your new LT here is forgetting the Colombo days already. That said, a guy like Quessenberry could fill in nicely and they are high on Yeatman. Fact is, you dont sign Jake Long, you dont have a LT. Forget Martin there because he has not faced the stiff competition Jake has. People will regret that move.

People dont want to "reach" for Eifert or others, but will just book it for Allen or Patterson at 12. The need is just too high. Well, we have four other picks in 3 rounds with deep talent. I hope the guy we get in the end at WR knows the route tree so he can start day one or at least be a major part of the offense. Otherwise, WR's tend to get overrated in drafts based on need. Scary IMO. Thankfully, there is a lot of talent at WR this year.

CB is a key positon to me. There are now four first round CB's and it would be smart to grab one in first round. I like them all. Xavier Rhodes is also someone they mention, not sure about him.

We have holes at LT, WR, CB, S, and TE if none of our FA are re-signed. WR, DE, S, and some TE are deep. CB not so much. a drop off after 2nd round as far as playmakers are concerned.
    San Diego needs some serious help on there Oline. I agree I don't think he makes it past San Diego as Rivers needs protection.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I know everyone wants weapons for Tannehill, but the bottom line is you cannot win consistently in the NFL without a great offensive line. If Jake Long goes elsewhere, and I think he will take more money to play elsewhere, then we have to either move Martin to LT, or draft another LT and move Martin back to RT. I don't see us acquiring a great LT through free agency.

Football Outsiders does a great job in ranking offensive lines using a lot of measurables. They have the top twelve O-lines ranked as follows -
    1. San Fran
    2. NYG
    3. SEA
    4. NE
    5. NYJ
    6. BALT
    7. WASH
    8. BUF
    9. HOU
    10. MINN
    11. CINCY
    12. DEN

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/OL

The Miami Dolphins are ranked 21st. If you just look at Left Tackles, we ranked 11th. But the key to these ranking are that 9 out of the top 12 offensive lines made the playoffs. Three teams had worse ranking then us and made the playoffs,,,,,Atlanta, Green Bay and Indianapolis....but those three teams have very good QB's and Wide Receivers. I think there is a good possibility the top two LT's (Joeckel and Fisher) will both be taken before we pick at #12. In that case I probably would go with Patterson or Allen at WR......but make no mistake, we have to improve our O-line, and we don't have a lot of options. There are plenty of great wide receivers in the 2013 draft, but not many great LT's.
    Really can't stand stats. People rely on them so much. I'll try it myself. We've prioritized the line over everything the past decade, particularly during the Parcells and co. years (includes now), and yet here we are talking about drafting another lineman high while still completely incapable of scoring any points. So, the plan is to continue investing high on this line, making sure all of them are at least 2nd round picks before we start addressing the positions that actually matter? With the line being a top priority, we still haven't had a winning season. We've broken into the top 20 in scoring twice (15th, 16th, and 17th) over the past decade. That's horrible and I can guarantee it's not because of our offensive line.

A strong offensive line is great, but it doesn't require taking players high every.single.year. We need people that can put points on the board and prevent points on the defensive side. Period. Get the cornfed later in the draft.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Roman's 3-Months-to-the-Draft Four Round Mock

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Continue investing high picks on the o-line? Makes sense. Definitely worked so far. Eventually the league may change again and oline will become the most important thing on the team. We'll be ahead of the curve!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2
    😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄
    Quote Quote