Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roman's 3-Months-to-the-Draft Four Round Mock

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Steamboat Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I suppose, relative to Long's contract, we'd be getting a deal (cost wise because of the CBA) but the linemen picks in round one is getting stale IMO. It's obvious other teams have found value later in the draft. I'm ready for a glitz and glamour pick- it's just too bad there isn't one of those in the WR dept this draft.

Reshad "GET IT ON" Jones
    gettin it on!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnPhinfan View Post
    I suppose, relative to Long's contract, we'd be getting a deal (cost wise because of the CBA) but the linemen picks in round one is getting stale IMO. It's obvious other teams have found value later in the draft. I'm ready for a glitz and glamour pick- it's just too bad there isn't one of those in the WR dept this draft.

Some teams have found value later in the draft, but the top teams this year have bookend tackles taken high.

Patriots - Solder (1), Vollmer (2)
    Baltimore - McKinnie (1), Oher (1)
    SF - Staley (1), Davis (1)
    Falcons - Baker (1), Clabo (udfa)....also have 2 2nd rounders in Konz/Blalock at guard.
    Broncos - Clady (1), Franklin (2)
    Seattle - Okung (1), Giacomini (5)
    Green Bay - Newhouse (5), Barclay (udfa).....and their line is a disaster and one of the biggest reasons they struggled this year

As you can see, the best teams in the league have spent high picks to protect their QB, and with good reason.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albion NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thatd be fantastic. Good Job.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Martin was Luck's LT. So what you are saying is draft a RT at #12? How many picks will we dedicate to the OL. Just invest in a good OL coach
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannchise View Post
    Martin was Luck's LT. So what you are saying is draft a RT at #12? How many picks will we dedicate to the OL. Just invest in a good OL coach
    Unfortunately coaching does not make ****ty players good enough. It is the NFL man you need a heavy combo of talent and coaching to be good enough to compete against the best.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU Cane View Post
    Some teams have found value later in the draft, but the top teams this year have bookend tackles taken high.

Patriots - Solder (1), Vollmer (2)
    Baltimore - McKinnie (1), Oher (1)
    SF - Staley (1), Davis (1)
    Falcons - Baker (1), Clabo (udfa)....also have 2 2nd rounders in Konz/Blalock at guard.
    Broncos - Clady (1), Franklin (2)
    Seattle - Okung (1), Giacomini (5)
    Green Bay - Newhouse (5), Barclay (udfa).....and their line is a disaster and one of the biggest reasons they struggled this year

As you can see, the best teams in the league have spent high picks to protect their QB, and with good reason.
    And every single one of those teams have taken playermakers and skill positions on offense in the top 3 rounds while we have taken Ryan Tannehill, Micheal Egnew, Patrick Turner and Daniel Thomas as the only four taken in the top 3 rounds. Regardless of whether they work out or not there has been little to no effort to address the positions that get points on the board.

San Francisco for example has three 1st round O-lineman...a good reason their O-line dominates...but they also have two 1st round WRs in Michael Crabtree and A.J. Jenkins, another former 1st round WR that they signed as a free agent in Randy Moss, a 2nd round QB in Colin Kaepernick, a 3rd round RB in Frank Gore, a 2nd round RB in LaMichael James, a 1st round TE in Vernon Davis not to mention a 1st round QB sitting on the bench. So yeah I'd be fine with taking more offensive lineman early in the draft...as long as we get two 1st round WRs and a 1st round TE to go with them.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    And every single one of those teams have taken playermakers and skill positions on offense in the top 3 rounds while we have taken Ryan Tannehill, Micheal Egnew, Patrick Turner and Daniel Thomas as the only four taken in the top 3 rounds. Regardless of whether they work out or not there has been little to no effort to address the positions that get points on the board.

San Francisco for example has three 1st round O-lineman...a good reason their O-line dominates...but they also have two 1st round WRs in Michael Crabtree and A.J. Jenkins, another former 1st round WR that they signed as a free agent in Randy Moss, a 2nd round QB in Colin Kaepernick, a 3rd round RB in Frank Gore, a 2nd round RB in LaMichael James, a 1st round TE in Vernon Davis not to mention a 1st round QB sitting on the bench. So yeah I'd be fine with taking more offensive lineman early in the draft...as long as we get two 1st round WRs and a 1st round TE to go with them.
    You left out Ted Ginn, Jr!!!

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really like that draft. Trufant is high on my wish list as well. I really don't know much about Fisher, but I do think if Long leaves we will take an OT in either the 1st or 2nd. Carradine would be a steal in the 3rd and I think he may be there.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: Roman's 3-Months-to-the-Draft Four Round Mock

Continue investing high picks on the o-line? Makes sense. Definitely worked so far. Eventually the league may change again and oline will become the most important thing on the team. We'll be ahead of the curve!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fisher is going in the top 10 and Trufant will move into the 1st with his performance in the Senior Bowl. I also think that we need to draft Bailey with 2a. Ok with Dobson but not a fan of Sims.
    Quote Quote