Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This offseason will get us to the AFC Championship game and a SB Contender for 5 year

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im onboard with just about everything but I would swap Baccari Rambo for Elam. Rambo is more of a game-changer back there. I also don't think we would draft "Honey Badger" with the type of character players Philbin is trying to build this team with. I would prob just go BPA with that pick and hope its a very atletic guard. Other than that, I would be absolutely ecstatic with that Offseason!!! Michael Johnson is a budding superstar and him and Wake would terrorize the NFL. Cook gives us the playmaking seam threat we're looking for. Jennings, Allen, and Swope, would give us a very talented WR core to add to a solid Bess and developing Mathews. Derek Cox is a playmaker Sean Smith could only dream of being. Trufant would gives us a very good cover guy with good speed, size, and skills to become a quality starter. This Offseason plan would upgrade just about every unit on our team. Please forward this plan to Ireland please!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    Available Cap Space 42 Million
    After cutting Richard Marshall and Dmitri Patterson
    Available Cap Space 52 million

Resign
    RB Reggie Bush 5 year 3.8 per year (5 year 19 million)
    LT Jake Long 3 year 11.5million per year (3 year 34.5million) if he declines franchise tag him for 15 million per season
    DT Randy Starks 4 year 6 million per year (4 year 24 million)
    CB Bryan McCann 1 year 650K

Available Cap Space 30.5
    Free Agents
    WR Greg Jennings 4 year 8.5 per year (4 year 34 million)
    TE Jared Cook 4 year 4.25 per year (4 year 17 million)
    DE Michael Johnson 4 year 4.75 per year (4 year 19 million)
    LB Keith Rivers 1 year 1.25 per year (1 year 1.25 million)
    CB Derek Cox 3 year 5 million per year (3 year 15 million)

Available Cap Space
    7.25 Million
    NFL Draft
    1st Round WR Keenan Allen Cal
    2nd Round S Matt Elam Florida
    2nd Round CB Desmond Trufant Washington
    3rd Round CB Tyrann "Honey Badger" Mathieu LSU
    3rd Round WR Ryan Swope Texas A&M
    4th Round C/G Brian Schwenke Cal
    5th Round QB E.J Manuel FSU
    7th Round DE Cornelius Washington Georgia
    7th Round LB Vince Williams FSU

QB Tannehill, Manuel, Devlin
    RB Bush, Miller, Thomas, Thigpen
    FB Lane, Clay
    WR Jennings, Allen, Bess, Swope, Matthews
    TE Cook, Clay, Matrud/ Egnew???
    LT Long
    LG Incognito
    C Pouncey
    RG Jerry/ Samuda/ Schwenke
    RT Martin

LE Wake/ Vernon
    RE Johnson/ Odrick/ Washington
    DT Starks/ Randall/ Odrick
    NT Solaia/ Randall/ Odrick
    (Nickel DL Ends Wake, Johnson, Tackles Odrick, Starks)
    Sam LB Misi, Trusnik
    Mike LB Dansby, Rivers, Williams
    Will LB Burnett, Rivers, Spitler
    CB1 Cox
    CB2 Trufant
    CB3 (nickel) Mathieu
    CB4 Carroll
    CB5 McCann
    FS Jones/Wilson/McCray
    SS Elam/Wilson/McCray
    K Carpenter
    P Fields
    LS Denney
    KR Thigpen, Mathieu
    PR Thigpen, Mathieu

OUTLOOK ON Offense
    Expect Ryan and Reggie to be much improved from 2012 due to new explosive players. With newly acquired receivers Greg Jennings and Keenan Allen and Seam shredding Tight End Jared Cook JR (6.5 runs 4.49 40) and Davone Bess and Ryan Swope tearing up underneath defenders expect this unit to score a lot of points. Reggie will return to 1,000 yard form with out any 8 man fronts constantly stopping our ground game. Lamar Miller should also see an expanded role with him improving as a downhill runner and pass protector Our offensive line may be the same if Jerry can hold of Samuda and Schwenke, but expect the unit to be different under a second offseason working the finer points of the zone scheme. Expect the group to develop more with 3 pro bowlers on the left side and pouncey and young players on the right side under the tutelage of Philbin and OL Coach Turner.

OUTLOOK ON Defense
    Look for a DL rotation of Solaia, Starks, Wake, Johnson, Odrick, Vernon and Randall to wreak havoc on opposing offenses in the run and pass game. The defense overall as a unit will improve in the second year of the 4-3 press man defense. An improved pass rush with Johnson now a stater at the Right Defensive End, should match the press man in-your-face coverage from fresh faces at Corner: Derek Cox, Trufant, and Mathieu. Expect Coyle to work his magic with Reshad Jones and turn him into a pro bowl safety. Also don't be suprised when Coyle develops another star in the making at Safety with the 2nd rounder Matt Elam. This d hung their hat on stopping the run last year and will continue to do the same. Although they now have the pass rush and coverage to match that. Look for the Fins to sport the best FRONT 7 in the AFC (yes better than Houston Pittsburgh and Cincy).

OUTLOOK ON Special Teams
    Star Special teamer Olivier Vernon will only improve and the dolphins brought back the solid Jason Trusnik and have added a playmaker to the special teams, not just on returns but the Honey Badger will be great in special teams coverage. Expect another big year from Fields and Thigpen as well.

Projected W/L Record 12-4 AFC East Champions
    Wins over
    Buffalo X2
    New York X2
    New England
    Cincinatti
    San Diego
    Carolina
    Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    Tampa Bay
    Indianapolis
    Loss to
    Atlanta
    New England
    Baltimore
    New Orleans
    Replace Cox with re-signing Smith. Replace Johnson with drafting a DE by trading up from 2nd round to 1st. Replace Elam with re-signing Clemons. And replace cutting Marshall and Patterson with restructure. And them replace Allen with Patterson and we got a deal.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for the massive work, OP. I don't agree w. everything but I love your effort!

LD
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice job bro! If you could have Cook, Fasano, Clay and then see who makes the 4th TE I think that would go a long way to help Tannehill along with the other additions you mentioned.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    East Petersburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fanfin View Post
    well No Way in hell EJ goes First Round and the dolphins had their ENTIRE SCOUTING DEPARTMENT meet with Honey Badger at the Senior Bowl. we drafted Jimmy Wilson and he killed a guy all Honey Badger did was smoke a little weed like 70% of the NFL. and bc he got caught he was a "low character guy" tell that to Aaron Hernandez who fell all the way to the 4th round bc of weed and is easily one of the best tight ends in the league
    I don't think they'll draft the HoneyBadger because I don't think he fits in to what Philbin wants as his team's character. I didn't say he wasn't talented.
    I also said that I saw MOCKS (note that that is PLURAL) with Manuel slotted in the first. I didn't say he would be a first round pick, but I would say that with a QB you never know. They are often overvalued and will be taken (frequently) a round or two too high.
    The pleasure of what we enjoy is lost by wanting more.
    -A fortune cookie
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    I hate everyone else in the AFC East

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sebas,

I love that little vid you have, absolutely amazing. U mad? Love it
    Let's go Miami!!!!