Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What rule or penalty would you like gone?

1. -51
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    we could go back n watch reall football not this PANSY lack of hitting ,touching the QB in the helmet ,hitting a defenseless WR ,horse collar tackle,tuck rule,taunting to much celabration.i know they are trying to protect the players but come on man some of these rules and calls are for little kids leagues.dont get me wrong i do want the players to be safe and not worry about their long term future but at times i scream at the tv when the refs call some lame azz penalty.i like seeing CB'S destroy some one cumming accross the midle blasting a wr just as the balll gets to him but i think they have put into place a system where most players are affraid to play that way because of the fines or calls against them.there was a time where only the kicker was off limints now its the QB,WR,AND JUST ABOUT ANY PLAYER WITH THE BALL IN HIS HAND.
    so what rule or rules along with penalty calls would you like to see gone.
    do you want the old NFL back?
    I dont like the defenseless receiver rule sometimes, but sometimes I do. Same with the helmet to helmet rule, but there is too much pressure from everyone to ignore it. I don't know why you listed the horse collar tackle rule as PANSY, its a great rule, that is a very dangerous and unnecessary play. Imagine getting pulled down backwards while running full speed. Not ok. I would like to see a change of rule added where they can review PI calls. That **** is getting old and is affecting virtually every game I watch. 4 times this year when we lost I was thinking it was at least partially the refs fault from bad PI calls and no calls.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Tuck rule is the worst rule in football, bar none.

Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Not Even Lazor Can Save Us

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Should the tuck rule be changed so that a would-be fumble becomes intentional grounding instead of an incomplete pass? In other words, a forward pass has to leave the pocket unless a receiver (RB, etc.) is there.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. Allow coaches to challenge plays that the officials have blown dead. Right now you cannot review these plays, but getting it right should be the key thing.
    2. The "Making a football move," after a player catches the ball is so ghay. If you catch it and get two feet in, that should make it a catch. Like it used to be.
    3. There are way too many helmet-to-helmet flags, and too many penalties called against guys who barely touch the QB. It's football...not two hand touch.
    4. Why should teams have to do a "hurry up" so they can get away with something before the refs can have time to review it? Change this.
    5. Not a rule change but a suggestion...make the field goal posts about 5-10 feet higher so the refs don't have to guess when the ball goes over the uprights.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Etuoo33 View Post
    Offensive Holding???? I never see that called when the Phins are on D
    esp when we play the PATS.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tuck rule and should be the first to go........
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    5. Not a rule change but a suggestion...make the field goal posts about 5-10 feet higher so the refs don't have to guess when the ball goes over the uprights.
    This! How is it that this has not been done yet? Is it really that difficult for engineers to figure out how to do it?
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blowing the play dead for too many men on defense.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. Tuck rule. I am really not sure what the NFL are doing with that thing.

2. Lighten up on PI/illegal contact penalties and let CBs get more physical (within reason of course).

3. Pin down the "defenseless player" rule - right now that rule is a mess with refs each having their own reading of what it means.

A world of dew,
    and within every dewdrop
    a world of struggle.

Quote Quote  

10. -60
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't mind if they remove the old rule that a receiver, who secures the ball after a catch, must keep both feet inbound after the reception. I would rather change it to just one foot inbound - like in college ball. This rule will NEVER change I know: it's just one that I would not mind if changed. I am not passionate about that type of rule change though. It's trivial really...not very important to me if altered or not. No biggie.

The best rule that must always remain is the penalty called for hitting a player on the helmet. That's the best rule in the book.
    -

Quote Quote