Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What rule or penalty would you like gone?

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would like to see more consistency in the PI and illegal contact rules. How many times do you see identical plays with different call made? How many times do these calls go to "big market" teams? I just can not stand to see the inconsistency by professional referees that are sanctioned by the exalted NFL, only to have the league office 'run and hide' when controversy arises. Worse yet the NFL invokes some lame technicallity in the "rule book" to back the lame decisions made by the ref's. Back to my point, sorry for the rant... to see so many calls that look the same, called differently ...not to mention benefiting a major TV market team just makes me want to quit watching the game.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PI calls should just be reviewable since there's way too much judgement having to be made in a split second. Yes, I know what most would think - "That would extend the length of the game to far out". I disagree, teams still are only allowed to use the finite amount of challenges they have available to them during the game (what is it - 2 per game now?), and at minimum 4 minutes of attempted fairness should be tolerated for such a largely judgmental and complex call.

Reason it's not 15 yard penalty right now is the defense would abuse it on long plays if they know they've been exposed.

Also, neither receivers nor pass defenders should get up and start whining for a flag after a play. Just call it unsportsmanlike conduct - because it is. Refs should refs, players should play.

Oh and only Brady should not be allowed to whine for a flag after a qb hit - lol.
    Last edited by SigmaOmega; 01-25-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palmdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    #1 Tuck Rule (The patriots Dynasty does not exist if this rule doesnt exist.
    #2 Overtime rule. I like the rule of sudden death. 1st team to score wins. Not this semi college crap we have now that both teams get the ball unless a TD is scored.
    I got $500 on the Dolphins to win the Superbowl.

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SabanHater View Post
    Jeff Ireland.

Oh wait....
    Agreed.

Anyways, I'd like them to change it to one foot inbounds instead of two for a catch.

Change the format of overtime to the college one.

Move the ball back 5 yards for kickoffs.

Also under two minutes to play the time should stop after every first down, just like in college.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Do away with holding. Let the big boys wrestle.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To the old days with the black and white receiving rules. None of this gray area control after the catch BS. The NFL owners slowly took over competition committee until they could control the game itself. Just the ridiculous things that have happened around the Steelers and Patriots. A handful of owners have much much too much control. Just look at Seattle's Super Bowl against Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh scored a touchdown 6 inches from the end zone.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tuck rule and change pass interference to a 15 yard penalty instead of spot of the foul. Too many teams just throw the ball up and pray for a call just to pick up 35+ yards.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    great calls by many of my fellow fin fans.i never thought of the spike being called as a intentional grounding.thats a great idea.it would however take away some excitement for many teams.and Brady would loose more games and this my friend the league will not allow
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    running back face masking defense without call.

Automatic first down on illegal contact. Should be a 5 yard penalty replay down.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    LTJG

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Austin, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    THE EXTRA POINT. Total waste of time. Excuse for yet another commercial break. Absolutely no drama at all. Does anybody actually worry that a team might miss an important extra point?

The two-point play is way more interesting. I would like to see them give a choice between something like a 50-yard kick for 2 points or a play from scrimmage at the 2-yard line for 1 point. Something to force coaches to make some ballsy decisions.
    Quote Quote