Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ireland on WQAM talking senior bowl and more

1. -1
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin

Ireland on WQAM talking senior bowl and more

http://wqam.com/interviews

Good to hear Jeff and Philbin are working well together.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Can someone give a summary?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    ***** in the House!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Under the Interviews link.

http://wqam.com
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BahamaFinFan78 View Post
    Can someone give a summary?
    This please. I'm bloccked at work, I'm not being lazy
    http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-foot.jpg

currently the 19th ranked competitive eater in the world
    http://www.ifoce.com/rankings.php
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unfortunately, QAM is blocked from broadcasting overseas. A quick summary would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Captain Wine Cooler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland says the Dolphins never made any offers to low ball any players

Ireland said the team actually hadn't made any offers at all for a long time

Ireland said there are a lot of good players at the senior bowl and they spent "a lot of time" talking w/ prospects

Ireland said he isn't a fan of guys who "don't show up" (answering on guys who didn't show up at the senior bowl for whatever reason)

Jeff Ireland says he and Joe Philbin watch guys together but often "split" (in other words .... Ireland likes some guys at the senior bowl, Philbin likes other guys, so they go off and watch different players and then meet back and talk about it)

When asked if Joe Philbin is in on every pick at the draft .... Ireland answers "that's the process and by draft day we're all on the same page even if there are some small differences in opinion"

on honey badger … Ireland said he didn’t get a chance to “grind on his background” because they just said hello at the senior bowl, but knows he is a playmaker and looks forward to getting questions to him at the combine

Ireland says they had a lot of confidence in players already on the roster to step up and replace Brandon Marshall, said those players had the catches but didn’t get in the end zone “for whatever reason”

Ireland said the team is going to be aggressive in finding players who can score touchdowns

Said the Dolphins went after some guys in free agency last year

Also pointed out they were confident in guys like Bess/Hartline to replace Marshall, team felt good with where they were at in training camp

Ireland says he accepts the blame for four losing seasons, says Ross has been very patient and now has a lot of confidence in his staff, philbin and his staff

Ireland says he has a clear cut plan for this off season, but also has contingencies

Ireland said he is in the business of "keeping his best players, not trading them away"

Ireland said they are going to address multiple positions in free agency and the draft

Ireland says it's not just one position he is looking for playmakers at, receiver is just one of them

Says he still has faith in Michael Egnew, says he could name a few players in the league who didn't do much in their rookie year, says one of them could be a factor in the superbowl (guess is Pitta) ... says tight end is probably the most demanding position to learn for after QB and some players take time to develop

He has no opinion on Manti Te'o as of now, wants to sit down with him and ask questions, speak to his coaches at ND

Ireland reiterated that the Dolphins have worked to set themselves up w/ draft picks and cap space

Jeff Ireland says he "has a lot of fans"

Ireland says criticism doesn't get to him, just drives him harder
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houston, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    There's a ton of information as it's like 17 minutes long but he talked about Te'o and that they'll sit down with him and talk to his coaches at ND. He talked about Honey Badger and his ability to play all sorts of coverages. He talked about Egnew and how there's a certain TE in the Super Bowl this year who didn't do much his rookie year and that he still believes Egnew has what it takes. Talked about watching the offensive and defensive lines as well as the linebackers and defensive backs at the senior bowl practices. I don't remember him saying anything specific about WRs this year in the draft but that they like Bess and Hartline and they did try and get some better WRs in FA last year to replace Marshall but weren't able to. He said he'd accept all of the blame for the past 4 years. Said he's not bothered by the criticism at all and that he has supporters as well as detractors. I'm sure I missed some stuff as I am listening at my desk but that's what I recall right now.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pianist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ireland on WQAM talking senior bowl and more

He says good things. Better back it up this year
    Check out my band.
    Eternal Essence

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Cutler Sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Like what I am hearing from ireland this offseason, hope he can get it done this year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't like that he and Philbin were comfortable going into the season with Hartline and Bess as their option. Not certain I believe that either.
    Quote Quote