Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Phins see smith as "good" not "great", most likely to hit FA

1. -21
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Pure Fiction . . . if anything he plays his best games against elite WR's. He's probably never going to be a standout tackler but he has come a ways from his rookie season.
    No one will be happy until he is a Deion Sanders. Which no one will be. And of course he is going to get beat be elite receivers every once in a while. That's why they are elite. I simply don't understand why the fan base has soured on his so much...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No one in their right mind considers him great.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    We need to be looking CB in this draft whether we resign him or not. We just aren't very solid at CB.

I'd resign Smith, extend Carroll while he's still cheap as he is a good option as a #4 CB on the boundary, one that is still trying to improve every year and then I'd draft a guy like Trufant in the 2nd round and figure out between Patterson, Marshall and whoever else we tried back there who I'm keeping as my #2/#3 guy to battle with Trufant. Jimmy Wilson still a wildcard but not one I'm depending on. He sticks as that CB/Safety/Special Teamer for now.
    Oh I agree completely with drafting a CB regardless. But Im just saying you have to consider things such as: is Banks + Trufant/Rhoades/Hawthorne etc with Michael Johnson > Smith + Trufant/etc without a Michael Johnson (obviously you could draft a pass rusher, but you get what Im saying). Im not against keeping Smith as I said...especially since we are already going to experience some turnover in the secondary. But Im just saying be wise about it...and don't overpay
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    No one will be happy until he is a Deion Sanders. Which no one will be. And of course he is going to get beat be elite receivers every once in a while. That's why they are elite. I simply don't understand why the fan base has soured on his so much...
    Typical fan behavior on their teams DBs. If you watch a lot of football you should realize that it is a passing league and DBs are gonna give up throws underneath, occasionally be beat deep. The biggest issue with Smith is a lack of producing turnovers. This is valid, but as far as covering his man and playing his resposibility... He is pretty good. I still feel with some better pass rush and coverage elsewhere that Smith will make some more turnovers. This is a team issue as much is it is a Sean Smith issue.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by madmic21 View Post
    Typical fan behavior on their teams DBs. If you watch a lot of football you should realize that it is a passing league and DBs are gonna give up throws underneath, occasionally be beat deep. The biggest issue with Smith is a lack of producing turnovers. This is valid, but as far as covering his man and playing his resposibility... He is pretty good. I still feel with some better pass rush and coverage elsewhere that Smith will make some more turnovers. This is a team issue as much is it is a Sean Smith issue.
    I honestly think the lack of turnovers with Smith is one of those freaky things that could completely turn around out of nowhere and people will think it's something he did to improve on it but in actuality its just one of those things that happen.

But yea most definitely you would like to see Sean get a few more INT's. The biggest thing I like with Sean, I feel like we have a fighting chance against any WR in the league when he is covering them. We played Fitz this year and everybody was expecting him to go off and Smith shut him down . . . they could play again and Fitz could wear him out, but the fact that I got a guy who can play up to that level at times . . . thats a good thing, especially when nobody else in the secondary can play at that level.

People forget, he is still rather new to the CB position and you see improvements every year and I'd expect that trend to continue into a new contract.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Doesn't catch the ball, doesn't make the big play.

No team will be stupid enough to give a solid at best guy who cries on twitter a 7+m contract.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    I personally think we should let smith walk he is too inconsistent. Sign brent grimes or cox from jax then draft jordan poyer.
    Brent Grimes is coming off an Achilles tear and Derek Cox has never stayed healthy in his NFL career. I love Brent Grimes, and I like Derek Cox, but there's a hefty buyer beware there. Nobody is going to give you a medal for picking a good talent that doesn't actually play on Sunday.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly, 5/30 or 4/24 wouldn't be that bad if we could get him at that range.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Go hard after Keenan Lewis. We have the deep pockets to hang with what the Steelers will offer him. Will be money well spent!
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did you all see Boldin rape the Pats in the playoffs?

I know Smith isn't all-pro but I do not believe Boldin makes those catches (the majority of them) over the top of Smith. Boldin skied over the Pats diminutive CB's...serious mismatch in that game.

Sign him up. It's just money.

Quote Quote