Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Phins see smith as "good" not "great", most likely to hit FA

1. -31
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Lmao @ all the people wanting to bring back these super great bums of ours who don't get INT's or TD's or surge on their blocks anymore. Players who don't catch the ball inside the numbers or in the redzone. Guys that whiff on tackles that can't get pressure on the QB while not making any game changing plays. How on earth will we survive without these studs who we must rely on to lead us to a winning record?

Yes, let's bring them back. Such a wonderful plan for success!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Since when is Jason McCourty a "game changer"?

The contract Smith and his agent are asking for is what you pay the kind of player that the Dolphins describe Sean Smith as being.

This strikes me as posturing.
    Since when is Mando considered to be "plugged in"?

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by number1fin View Post
    Lmao @ all the people wanting to bring back these super great bums of ours who don't get INT's or TD's or surge on their blocks anymore. Players who don't catch the ball inside the numbers or in the redzone. Guys that whiff on tackles that can't get pressure on the QB while not making any game changing plays. How on earth will we survive without these studs who we must rely on to lead us to a winning record?

Yes, let's bring them back. Such a wonderful plan for success!
    By all means drop them all and possibly pick up trash because the options aren't there. Who's going to replace Smith? Name one CB that is available, that the Dolphins have a better than 50% chance of picking up in FA without overpaying, or a second CB draft pick that will play in their first year equal to Smith? Second because the first CB picked will be opposite a retained Smith. Do you suggest we use a 1st round and 2nd round pick on CBs? Or both 2nd round picks on CBs? Because that is what it would take.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by 72PhinFan View Post
    By all means drop them all and possibly pick up trash because the options aren't there. Who's going to replace Smith? Name one CB that is available, that the Dolphins have a better than 50% chance of picking up in FA without overpaying, or a second CB draft pick that will play in their first year equal to Smith? Second because the first CB picked will be opposite a retained Smith. Do you suggest we use a 1st round and 2nd round pick on CBs? Or both 2nd round picks on CBs? Because that is what it would take.
    What you are suggesting is the exact same thought pattern for why we've been stuck in mediocrity for over a decade now.

Sorry, but I'm not satisfied with garbage just because the unknown is too scary.

That's the definition of complacency, IMO!

I'm no GM nor do I pretend to be, but if it were up to me to make the decisions on who stays and who goes, the decision wouldn't be made out of fear of failing to get equal value for sub-par average talent.

That's a recipe for disaster and will hinder your ability to replace players objectivity on the individuals own merit of worth.

I'll leave it at that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I swear some of you guys are either cheap, unrealistic, or both. You don't want to sign Smith. You don't want to sign Long. You don't want to sign Hartline. You say they are asking too much for the players they are. Be careful what you ask for. We may have to use all our draft picks replacing all the FA's we lose instead of using our picks to get more players to get ahead. You do realize we will have to spend money if we want to get better? None of our FA's are top line players but we do need some of them if we want to get better. IMO Smith is one of those guys. He's as good as any FA corner on the market and by keeping him we can focus on getting just one corner to start opposite of him instead of having to find two starters.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wouldn't even be negotiating with this bum, I don't want him back even if he played for free. Miami needs tough players and Sean Smith is anything but tough. I'd have everything in the locker room stripped of anything that said "Sean Smith" and tell him good luck in FA as soon as Miami lost 28-0 to New England.
    Last edited by Dolph N.Fan; 01-26-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    We need to be looking CB in this draft whether we resign him or not. We just aren't very solid at CB.

I'd resign Smith, extend Carroll while he's still cheap as he is a good option as a #4 CB on the boundary, one that is still trying to improve every year and then I'd draft a guy like Trufant in the 2nd round and figure out between Patterson, Marshall and whoever else we tried back there who I'm keeping as my #2/#3 guy to battle with Trufant. Jimmy Wilson still a wildcard but not one I'm depending on. He sticks as that CB/Safety/Special Teamer for now.
    Trufant is moving up the boards into the first round. bank it. but now Poyer may fall into our laps and there are other good sized corners like that Rhodes kid from Fl st.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its simple. You say to Sean Smith we think you are worth X. Go test the market and see what you see and we would appreciate it if you at least check back with us before signing. If you truly want to stay in Miami like you say you do, then you would at least afford us that.

Good Luck Sean!

PS Derrell Revis is now officially on the market and teams would rather overpay for a probowler than throw money at a guy who pretends like he is top 15.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Rotoworld: Phins see smith as "good" not "great", most likely to hit FA

Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    I wouldn't even be negotiating with this bum, I don't won't him back even if he played for free. Miami needs tough players and Sean Smith is anything but tough. I'd have everything in the locker room stripped of anything that said "Sean Smith" and tell him good luck in FA as soon as Miami lost 28-0 to New England.
    I despair.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How many "good" corners do we have now?
    Quote Quote