Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Rotoworld: Phins see smith as "good" not "great", most likely to hit FA

1. -71
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Smith is better than mccourty. The only thing I don't like is 6 years which is a lot. But he will definitely get 7 mill per in the open market
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he is the least of the FA i would worry if we lost
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i've been rewatching all the games the last 3 weeks or so and smiths play just isn't #1 cb worthy...some of those games were nothing short of dreadful...can't find the football...facing the ball the entire time and for whatever reason only playing the man getting hit in the arms with errant throws...i mean come on...

watching these games for a i guess 4th time now i'm not opposed to just letting him walk...although it does create a hole in this team...the guys play just for a majority of the season is frustrating and underwhelming...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The plays that stand out for me are the dropped interceptions. Plays that shoulda, and coulda won games for us.... and didn't. Still if he's not re-signed we have yet another hole to fill, so if we re-sign for say 6-7M a year, who's to say we don't turn him into a 2nd and a 6th in 2 years? If you want top dollar you have to make plays and too many times SS did not. I dno't think we go for a corner 1st round, we desperately need WR's and a pass rusher opposite Wake.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i don't really think the money if it's mccourty level is bad on a guy who is going into his prime as a free agent...my concern with it is that sean smith though continues to underwhelm thru large stretches of the season and we have a tough time getting out of the contract...there's been some improvements in his game...but i also see some things that at this point might be what he is...what stands out is the inability to make a play on the ball and locate it at times...and also some really bird brain lack of awareness stuff...

this is a tough spot for miami...he could continue to get better or you could be locking yourself into what becomes a bad contract...do you want the level guy you got in 2012 in your starting lineup for the next 5 years??? i know what i saw in the last more than half the season i don't...
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    Agreeed, $6-7 million per year is pretty reasonable for an average starting CB who is still young and entering his second contract.

My only issue is the length of 6 years. I think signing a 3 or 4 year contract would be ideal for Miami, or at least being able to void the last 2 years without consequence.
    All NFL contracts are structured so that when a player is cut, the remaining years are voided. Also, voiding any of the remaining years of a contract can't be "without consequence" since any bonus is prorated over the life of the remaining part of the contract.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would try and sign him, and draft his replacement.

I'm not a fan of Sean's but he definitely began this year playing better than he has in the past. He has lulls in his concentration in just about every game though in spots.

I would like to see him gradually get beaten out by a younger, better guy then moved to free safety. The thing is, he doesn't tackle well and he has zero ball awareness. It's crazy how often he is in position to make plays on the ball and just doesn't. It's like he is trying so hard to be in position that he can't do anything else.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNative0722 View Post
    Smith is better than mccourty. The only thing I don't like is 6 years which is a lot. But he will definitely get 7 mill per in the open market
    mccourty>smith. not even close actually.
    Quote Quote