Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

1. -41
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pass
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If that's what he's asking, even if you strike out on Greg Jennings because he asks too much money or gets taken up by someone else, there are other options. Check into the health of Johnny Knox. He's actually pretty darn good. At least as good as Hartline, when healthy.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To those who are comparing Hartline, to Nelson's salary, I will respond by asking if Nelson will settle for 3.5 mill when he becomes an UFA? Highly unlikely.
    Overall, Hartline has exceeded expectations since the day he was drafted, so I don't understand some of the derogatory remarks.
    He was one of the few bright spots on the offense this past season. From all accounts he's a good teammate and team player.
    If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

No way!
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    old pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Please, our worst CB Richard Marshall could lock Hartline down....all you need to do is put a body on him. Hartline has zero strength and can't get off the line. I like him - but do I fear his wrath in New England? Hell no.
    Untrue and not supported by stats. Do u even watch the games or just draw conclusions because he's white?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    To those who are comparing Hartline, to Nelson's salary, I will respond by asking if Nelson will settle for 3.5 mill when he becomes an UFA? Highly unlikely.
    Overall, Hartline has exceeded expectations since the day he was drafted, so I don't understand some of the derogatory remarks.
    He was one of the few bright spots on the offense this past season. From all accounts he's a good teammate and team player.
    Unlike our GM, the Green Bay GM had enough sense to sign Nelson to a solid 3 year, 13 million dollar extension before he blew up (and when I say blow up, I'm not talking about 3 TDs in 3 seasons like Brian Hartline) and contract was up. When Nelson becomes a FA, barring his health, he'll be getting 8 million plus a season, and he's earned it by getting into the endzone.

Just because Hartline led our team in yards and is a nice guy and good teammate doesn't mean we should overpay for him. That is ridiculous.

Laurent Robinson scored 11 TD's as the #4 option in the Dallas passing game and got $6.5 million . . . . why should Hartline as the #1 option with 1 TD (3 in the past 3 seasons) get anything close to that?
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im out!!!! Hartline for 3-4 mil ok but more then that is crazy for a guy that has scored 3 Tds in 3 years. Would rather spend that money on a TE like Cook or Keller or a WR like Cribbs. Like some one else said for cheaper we could get a jonnhy knoxs type player.

And as far as the chemistry him and tanny have it can easily be transfered to Jennings or Wallace or Allen from the draft. Hartline didnt play a single preseason game and didnt practice until a week before the season and they build the chemistry quickly. With a whole offseason with jennings tanny can more then build a good chemistry with him before the season started.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nor.Cali
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PASSSS,lol his NOT worth 5/6 mill a yr. him & his agent are drunk. Maybe 2 million a yr. we need play maker, harline is roll player..THAT'S the FACT'S
    DOMINATION & DEVASTATEION 72.:bling:
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Unlike our GM, the Green Bay GM had enough sense to sign Nelson to a solid 3 year, 13 million dollar extension before he blew up (and when I say blow up, I'm not talking about 3 TDs in 3 seasons like Brian Hartline) and contract was up. When Nelson becomes a FA, barring his health, he'll be getting 8 million plus a season, and he's earned it by getting into the endzone.

Just because Hartline led our team in yards and is a nice guy and good teammate doesn't mean we should overpay for him. That is ridiculous.

Laurent Robinson scored 11 TD's as the #4 option in the Dallas passing game and got $6.5 million . . . . why should Hartline as the #1 option with 1 TD (3 in the past 3 seasons) get anything close to that?
    this ^
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Life is what we make it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta via Exit 9 - New
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin View Post
    Untrue and not supported by stats. Do u even watch the games or just draw conclusions because he's white?
    I don't care if he was green....did you see him go absent for the second half of the season? Catching 1, 2 or 3 balls per game? I watched every game - the kid has no strength or YAC ability. He got busy maybe 3 times this year (and still only scored 1 TD). The rest of the games he was quiet as a mouse.

In between the 20's he's cool.....but redzone ??? - Put man-to-man press coverage on Hartline and it's a wrap - he's done.

He's not sniffing the end zone when an average, NFL, 195LB, CB is in his grill. Please prove me wrong. I'll wait.

Quote Quote