Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

1. -121
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Bess is good for what he is, but man I feel you guys are overrating him, big time, especially in regards to thinking you could get a 2nd rounder for him.

Today's slot WR has developed like today's TE . . . you need a guy who can do more than just run good routes inside . . . you need a slot WR who can get deep, who can explode and make a defender miss and go the distance . . . when you see Victor Cruz and TY Hilton, hell even Welker, that defines what a slot WR is in 2013 . . . Bess can't do any of that, he's too slow. We saw him on the outside a few times this year and it was a joke . . . it's not who he is, he's limited. He's not a problem obviously but with one year left on his deal if we drafted one of the WVU WR's to eventually replace him I'd have no problem with that. I'd love Bailey in the slot because he literally is a jack of all trades.

Bess is average . . . I know this comes as a shock to many of you, but it's the truth. I love watching him as a Dolfan because he has been one of the most consistent players we have had in 5 years . . . but that has a lot to do with failed drafts and bad FA signings as well.

Hartline intrigues me much more than Bess in the slot, even though my concern would be he isn't as shifty, but he's more versatile and he's a good route runner in his own right . . . he could excel there with one of the big named FA's and an early round WR at the 1 and 2.
    Quote Quote  

2. -122
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sure from whom this figure came from, but if it is from Hartline's camp i'm sure he's just stretching his legs to see the reaction.

The front office won't bite. He'll get 4 mill a year max and he'll accept it.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

3. -123
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its not like Hartline had anyone on the other side to take the heat off him. I mean cmon people. Eveeryone is putting Hartline into their nice little box. Think outside of it for once. You get playmakers next to him, he will start to score TD's. When Marshall was here, the guy had like 5 TD's. How com none of you rip on that? Oh its because the offense was not prolific. OK well then, there is one of your answers on Hartline.

Look, I dont have a problem with letting all our guys go, but you better be ready to fill those holes in the draft, because its not going to be Miami is everyones first choice out of 32 teams to play at.
    Quote Quote  

4. -124
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2nd rounder for Bess is never happening, especially with the more talented Amendola a FA.
    Quote Quote  

5. -125
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Its not like Hartline had anyone on the other side to take the heat off him. I mean cmon people. Eveeryone is putting Hartline into their nice little box. Think outside of it for once. You get playmakers next to him, he will start to score TD's. When Marshall was here, the guy had like 5 TD's. How com none of you rip on that? Oh its because the offense was not prolific. OK well then, there is one of your answers on Hartline.

Look, I dont have a problem with letting all our guys go, but you better be ready to fill those holes in the draft, because its not going to be Miami is everyones first choice out of 32 teams to play at.
    How did he have 5 touchdowns with Marshall here when he has 3 in his last 3 years (including the 2 Marshall was here)? Dude doesnt get into the endzone, there is no defending that. He is good for what he is, a possession WR, but he isnt no big time playmaker where you need to fret if him and Rosenhaus wanna big payday for one good yardage season. There are too many options at WR and the draft to worry about overpaying Brian Hartline.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

6. -126
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    This is based on watching him. Hartline doesnt break tackles overall, he does not get YAC. I wouldnt want Decker or Britt either. As for mARShall he is a beast in the redzone and can break tackles but the offense wasnt very versatile he was in.
    Yeah, a beast with paws instead of hands trying to catch TD's. Think Miami's O was more versatile than Da Bears?
    Quote Quote  

7. -127
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Bess is good for what he is, but man I feel you guys are overrating him, big time, especially in regards to thinking you could get a 2nd rounder for him.

Today's slot WR has developed like today's TE . . . you need a guy who can do more than just run good routes inside . . . you need a slot WR who can get deep, who can explode and make a defender miss and go the distance . . . when you see Victor Cruz and TY Hilton, hell even Welker, that defines what a slot WR is in 2013 . . . Bess can't do any of that, he's too slow. We saw him on the outside a few times this year and it was a joke . . . it's not who he is, he's limited. He's not a problem obviously but with one year left on his deal if we drafted one of the WVU WR's to eventually replace him I'd have no problem with that. I'd love Bailey in the slot because he literally is a jack of all trades.

Bess is average . . . I know this comes as a shock to many of you, but it's the truth. I love watching him as a Dolfan because he has been one of the most consistent players we have had in 5 years . . . but that has a lot to do with failed drafts and bad FA signings as well.

Hartline intrigues me much more than Bess in the slot, even though my concern would be he isn't as shifty, but he's more versatile and he's a good route runner in his own right . . . he could excel there with one of the big named FA's and an early round WR at the 1 and 2.
    Agreed. I do like Bess for what he is, a VG slot receiver who runs VG routes, makes tuff catches in traffic, and is consistently good for a 10 yard average, and making some big first downs.

Hartline also runs VG routes, makes some tuff catches in traffic, and is much more versatile with more speed.

IMO, Bess is somewhat similar to Fasano in giving the team rock solid play but, without the speed and options which expand the O.
    Quote Quote  

8. -128
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post

This is pretty much what I've been thinking as well about Bess. In fact, did anyone else catch Ireland respond to the question about playmakers that "even in the slot"? Jennings, if i'm not mistaken, is both an outside "and" a slot guy, no? My jaw would not drop if we hear Miami "cut/trade" Bess indeed, sign Jennings to play the slot and all around the place with adding a TE, then drafting Patterson at #12 and then adding another "playmaker" WR in the 2nd or 3rd round to add to the mix along with Matthews, Binn, etc.

However, if I haven't beaten the dead horse enough times..... I don't see Hartline back. I don't.

Would not surprise me one bit with a WR corps in 2013 that looks something like:

WR: Patterson, Austin/Bailey, Jennings, Matthews, and Binn/Tyms.

With a TE like Cook, Clay, Egnew in the scheme of things along with Bush, Thigpen, and Miller all being part of a new passing game.

If we "do" re-sign Hartline (which I don't expect them to).... I would think that would signal that Bess may indeed be traded/released. Though, I am not saying I "expect" Bess to go, but that it would not shock me if he is traded/released.
    Quote Quote  

9. -129
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I don't know what the team thinks of Hartline, and his worth. For me, I cannot see any other #3, 4, or 5 WR moving to a #1 WR, ith a rookie QB, in a new system, with no camp, coming off surgery with a big weight loss, come in and go for over 1,000 yards. And he plays special teams on top of that.

More importantly, I have to believe that if we asked Tannehill, he most definitely would want to keep Hartline. We all saw the connection they had, and who is more important that RT to our future?
    Quote Quote  

10. -130
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A guy that averages 2.2 TDs per year over a 5 year span is not going to get you a second round pick. UDFA and made the team. Played solid on some not so talented teams. Nice story but the talent needs to be upgraded. If you can get a 4th for Bess you jump on it.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I don't know what the team thinks of Hartline, and his worth. For me, I cannot see any other #3, 4, or 5 WR moving to a #1 WR, ith a rookie QB, in a new system, with no camp, coming off surgery with a big weight loss, come in and go for over 1,000 yards. And he plays special teams on top of that.

More importantly, I have to believe that if we asked Tannehill, he most definitely would want to keep Hartline. We all saw the connection they had, and who is more important that RT to our future?
    So in your opinion is 1000 yards more important then 1 TD?
    Quote Quote