Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

1. -151
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    A guy that averages 2.2 TDs per year over a 5 year span is not going to get you a second round pick. UDFA and made the team. Played solid on some not so talented teams. Nice story but the talent needs to be upgraded. If you can get a 4th for Bess you jump on it.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

So in your opinion is 1000 yards more important then 1 TD?
    I'm glad you aren't GM.

"Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see."
    Quote Quote  

2. -152
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    We aren't assured of anything, if every pick was a sure thing then no GM would ever get fired. One thing we absolutely understand is this draft is full of potential at the WR position.
    Every draft expert I have heard from state that not a single WR in this draft will carve out to be a 1 receiver of any type. Now there is obviously a chance of it, but this is by no means a good draft if you're looking for a game changing WR.
    Quote Quote  

3. -153
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCMiamiEast View Post
    Every draft expert I have heard from state that not a single WR in this draft will carve out to be a 1 receiver of any type. Now there is obviously a chance of it, but this is by no means a good draft if you're looking for a game changing WR.
    You are absolutely wrong . . . just because a draft doesn't have AJ Green or Megatron, doesn't mean it's "not a good draft". Secondly, if there was a Megatron or AJ Green, we pick 12th . . .you need to be top 5 to get a guy like that. Third, look at guys like Mike Wallace, Q boldin, Torrey Smith, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, etc. . . guys not drafted in the first round that experts probably discounted as not having #1 ability, but they sure enough do the darn job and they sure enough are "game changers". There are several WRs in those molds I could see having success for us, especially in the system we run.

This is a GREAT draft to upgrade your overall WR group, which is what the Dolphins need. The idea that we can add Dwayne Bowe or Mike Wallace and all are problems are fixed is extremely flawed. We need solid guys who can improve your WR's and if we are able to get a Mike Wallace who can take the top off a defense or a proven guy like Greg Jennings that has been doing it for a long time in addition to those picks, that is even better.

Miami absolutely CANNOT afford to ignore the WR position in the first 2 days of the draft, I don't care who they get in FA. Your entire WR crops had THREE touchdowns the entire season . . . and we've already seen the same group with a #1 WR and the production was even worse. Miami needs to take their best efforts and add a big free agent and draft 2 or 3 guys in the first 6 picks. We need playmakers and this WR group could use challenges from better players, not the UDFA's that we throw out there every season to compete with Hartline and Bess.
    Quote Quote  

4. -154
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    $5 mil per for hartline isn't awful...pretty much in line with what i was thinking $5 to $6 mil...myaybe meet in the middle...or let him walk...definitely not enough of a playmaker where he's a must sign cannot live without guy...

can eat up bad corners though with his route running...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -155
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    $5 mil per for hartline isn't awful...pretty much in line with what i was thinking $5 to $6 mil...myaybe meet in the middle...or let him walk...definitely not enough of a playmaker where he's a must sign cannot live without guy...

can eat up bad corners though with his route running...
    Agree, I predict we'll sign him at $5.5m or less, if he goes elsewhere it'll be for $6m+.
    Quote Quote  

6. -156
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    someone might want him as their #2 wr...i don't know...not much rac no real red zone impact...gets the most out of his talents though...good route runner reads coverage well pretty tough for his size... bit of a body catcher...finesse wr that lacks physicality and game breaking speed...

this team struggled to score tds in the passing game this year we would have struggled mightily to move the ball period without him...b/t the 20's guy
    Quote Quote  

7. -157
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post

this team struggled to score tds in the passing game this year we would have struggled mightily to move the ball period without him...b/t the 20's guy
    Agree again. I think Hartline is just getting better each season and I don't think he's the type that'll mail it in when he gets paid. He's never going to be a 15 td type player but when him and Tannehill get more experience together I could easily see him getting 6 or 7 tds and even if he doesn't live up to that its still nice to have a guy that catches everything thrown his way between the 20's.

I'm not worried, I'm sure he's coming back and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is on that prediction.
    Quote Quote  

8. -158
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who else is going to sign Hartline for 6 mil a year? I just don't see the demand in the open market. Everyone likes to bring up the patsies and maybe that's an option but they've made their bones by being an aberration. Hartline is a player I'd be happy to have for up to 4.5 mil. I think the fact that we have him and still have a giant deficiency in our WR corp speaks volumes as to what his value really is. I'd like to keep him but whether he's on the team or not we still need to aggressively address the position.
    Quote Quote  

9. -159
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    5 million is the limit for me. Hopefully we resign him and he plays even better than this year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -160
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you think about some hypothetical you can get an idea of the kind of contract Hartline will get. Hypothetically, if Hartline was under contract with us for another year at $3m I think everybody here would be happy with that. With that in mind if we were to extend him for 4 years we would have to give him a raise and account for inflation so a 4 year extension would cost at least $4m per year, thats with no competition. There will definitely be a premium to be paid now that he's on the open market so the starting point will be at least $4.5m.

I think there will definitely be some interest in a smart, well spoken, driven, 1000 yard wide receiver. Its going to be fascinating to me to see how teams place value on him with all his positives on one hand but a very important negative on the other hand in lack of tds.
    Quote Quote