Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

1. -101
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...fNFU4c0E#gid=0

In 2011, Hartline was only thrown to 10 times in the Red Zone, not the End Zone, with 3 catches and a TD. So, my take would be that of the 7 targets not caught, maybe 2-3 were in the End Zone and not catch-able. Hard to fault someone for something he had no chance to do. I could not find the 2012 stats.

We all know that we went mostly to Marshall on the end zone before but. I don't remember going to Hartline much at all last year. This is confusing because he has made some great catches in traffic on the sidelines.

If we just go by TD's, do we also need to replace Bess, who also had 1 last year? Do we definitely want to keep Fasano who had 5 last year, and in 2011, with or without Marshall?

Another thought would be Hartline playing in the slot. I'm sure he would do very well, and add some speed over Bess.

This also speaks to that he cant break tackles since he has basically broken none since he has been here
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back

WVdolphan "Ireland gets it.
    And those who also get it, know that Ireland gets it. Those who are clueless are still concerned about cornfed and the running game"

WVDOLPHAN "The last thing this team should be worried about is the OC(offensive corn). When you add it all up, its really a pretty solid OC"
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    This also speaks to that he cant break tackles since he has basically broken none since he has been here
    Yeah, he has been really bad. He only had a 3.4 YAC. That's the same as Decker and Britt, and better than Marshall's 3.1. Those guys suck at breaking tackles as well. No?

Or, do oter players not matter in your opinions with no fact?
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, he has been really bad. He only had a 3.4 YAC. That's the same as Decker and Britt, and better than Marshall's 3.1. Those guys suck at breaking tackles as well. No?

Or, do oter players not matter in your opinions with no fact?
    This is based on watching him. Hartline doesnt break tackles overall, he does not get YAC. I wouldnt want Decker or Britt either. As for mARShall he is a beast in the redzone and can break tackles but the offense wasnt very versatile he was in.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sign him for 5 year 21 mil contract. 6 billion bonus upfront and minimum salary the first year. That will minimize our cap hit next year. He will make 3.5 M per year from second to fifth. Guarantee the first 3 years of it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbanger View Post
    Sign him for 5 year 21 mil contract. 6 billion bonus upfront and minimum salary the first year. That will minimize our cap hit next year. He will make 3.5 M per year from second to fifth. Guarantee the first 3 years of it.

6 Billion seems high, I was thinking 4.5 Billion sounds about right.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...fNFU4c0E#gid=0

In 2011, Hartline was only thrown to 10 times in the Red Zone, not the End Zone, with 3 catches and a TD. So, my take would be that of the 7 targets not caught, maybe 2-3 were in the End Zone and not catch-able. Hard to fault someone for something he had no chance to do. I could not find the 2012 stats.

We all know that we went mostly to Marshall on the end zone before but. I don't remember going to Hartline much at all last year. This is confusing because he has made some great catches in traffic on the sidelines.

If we just go by TD's, do we also need to replace Bess, who also had 1 last year? Do we definitely want to keep Fasano who had 5 last year, and in 2011, with or without Marshall?

Another thought would be Hartline playing in the slot. I'm sure he would do very well, and add some speed over Bess.
    I think Hartline would be a fantastic slot receiver and if I were to sign him it would be as primarily a slot but I would probably only do it if we could trade Bess for at least a fourth.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Don't Hate Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jordy Nelson also knows how to separate from receivers to score touchdowns every once in awhile
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    I have to agree.... i dont see Allen falling to the second under any circumstance. I think he will be our pick at #12 or we trade back and grab patterson. It all depends on the combine and how crazy both of those guys numbers look there. I just think Allen is more polished and is bigger and stronger and has good hands. Reminds me of Marshall but without the headcase problems.
    You're probably right about Allen being a 1st round pick. But, I consider Patterson not just a better playmaker, but worthy of our 12th pick overall. Allen imo is more late first/early second. He doesn't seem to score TDs like Patterson can and seems to fall more from what I've seen. Patterson looks like the faster and better YAC guy from all the clips. Patterson is akso much more niftier than Allen.

I wouldn't grab Allen at 12. If we indeed pass on Patterson (which I hope we don't and go ahead and select him at 12) and select a DE...I'd think Ireland would go with someone else in the 2nd. Which in that scenario would be a smaller/speedy playmaker type like Austin. This would also have me think we'd be pursuing Dwayne Bowe in FA to be that bigger compliment. But I believe we will go after Patterson at 12 and Jennings in FA. Imo.
    Last edited by MrEd; 01-26-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The reason Hartline doesn't get a ton of targets in the redzone is

1. He is summarily horrid at getting open in the redzone [which puts a premium on real WR skill, often facing man coverage -- a huge FAIL for Hartline]
    2. He is not able talent-wise to catch the ball when not fully open -- again, poor at going over defender to take away ball, when not able to create space... again, which he is horrible at.

LD
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He is been here way to long and honestly I DON'T want him gone. Fin for life please!!
    Quote Quote