Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

1. -131
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Its not like Hartline had anyone on the other side to take the heat off him. I mean cmon people. Eveeryone is putting Hartline into their nice little box. Think outside of it for once. You get playmakers next to him, he will start to score TD's. When Marshall was here, the guy had like 5 TD's. How com none of you rip on that? Oh its because the offense was not prolific. OK well then, there is one of your answers on Hartline.

Look, I dont have a problem with letting all our guys go, but you better be ready to fill those holes in the draft, because its not going to be Miami is everyones first choice out of 32 teams to play at.
    Marshall had as many tds his last year as a dolphin as Hartline had in his career here. why didnt Hartline score tds with Marshall here. There is a reason that Hartline is not scoring tds he is just not elusive after the catch
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

2. -132
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    A guy that averages 2.2 TDs per year over a 5 year span is not going to get you a second round pick. UDFA and made the team. Played solid on some not so talented teams. Nice story but the talent needs to be upgraded. If you can get a 4th for Bess you jump on it.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

So in your opinion is 1000 yards more important then 1 TD?
    My primary importance is Tannehill's development. Can anyone argue that he does not want Hartline back, after watching them last year?

IMO, yards are not as important as TD's but, how many fewer TD's would we have had without Hartline's yardage?
    Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    My primary importance is Tannehill's development. Can anyone argue that he does not want Hartline back, after watching them last year?

IMO, yards are not as important as TD's but, how many fewer TD's would we have had without Hartline's yardage?
    Tannehill will develop chemistry through repititions with his WRs. You have to have WRs that can get the ball inthe end zone. I like Hartline and I am not at all against re signing him for a reasonable amount but quite honestly, he wont be overly difficult to upgrade IMO.
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    If Greg Jennings is only going to cost $2 million more per year than Brian Hartline, then the question has been answered for you.
    Get out of here with that kind of logic... It is not allowed.
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    There are not many teams where Hartline would have 70 catches and 1000+ yards. Some WR's like Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerlad will have high production no matter where they go, but Hartline would not. Hartline's production is a product of OUR system, and I think other GMs know that, thus lowering his market value. I think we have all the leverage in this negotiation.
    You meant to say that HARTLINE's LACK of production is the product of our system and our TEAM. Put him in GB, and he'd rival NELSON's numbers w/o any trouble at all. Unfortunately for him, he's been stuck playing PARCELLSBALL for most of his NFL life...w/a less-than-mediocre QB as well! Then he plays on a team w/a brand new "O" and a green-as-grass QB.

What were you expecting? Miracles??? Forget it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill will develop chemistry through repititions with his WRs. You have to have WRs that can get the ball inthe end zone. I like Hartline and I am not at all against re signing him for a reasonable amount but quite honestly, he wont be overly difficult to upgrade IMO.
    It isn't so easy to upgrade a 1000 yard WR. If you think that it IS easy to do so, then thank God YOU are nobody in the MIAMI organization.
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Almost everyone is making good points on both sides, with TD's being, far and away, the major disagreement.

Can anyone find how many times Hartline was targeted this year in the end zone? More importantly, does anyone have an opinion as to why he was not targeted more in the end zone? For whatever reason, didn't Sherman target guys like Moore more?
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    IF we had a true #1 WR, and IF we did not have a number of other holes to fill, and IF Hartline did not mesh so well with RT, I would maybe agree. However, that is not the case.
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    It isn't so easy to upgrade a 1000 yard WR. If you think that it IS easy to do so, then thank God YOU are nobody in the MIAMI organization.
    You know, I just looked up the top 58 receiving yards leaders (TE, RB and WR) and there were only two guys on that list that had 1 TD or less . . . . Brian Hartline and Davone Bess. Brian Hartline had a 1,083 yards including a game where he had over 253 yards receiving against the Cardinals . . . that game literally saved his season . . . you take away that game, he has 830 yards and 0 TD's for the season. 52 yards a game and 0 TD average in 15 of his 16 games this year.

Stop using that 1000 yards as a holy grail . . . the production doesn't merrit 5/6 million a year. I would like to keep him around but I'm not boohooing if we don't meet these ludicrous demands.
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    IF we had a true #1 WR, and IF we did not have a number of other holes to fill, and IF Hartline did not mesh so well with RT, I would maybe agree. However, that is not the case.
    Bring in Jennings, Bailey and Woods and Tannehill won't think twice about losing Brian Hartline. Sure we have other holes to fill but you have a young QB and you have a draft full of solid WR prospects. You don't have to win the Super Bowl next year . . . Miami needs to take advantage of this WR draft and get Tannehill a couple of guys he can grow with over the years.

Less about filling holes . . . more about gathering talent.
    Quote Quote