Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 188

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

  1. -141
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,271
    vCash:
    3682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Here's a fair question. IF we sign a FA WR, which is no sure thing, and pass on Hartline, who is #2? A rookie 2nd rounder, who may or may not work out or who?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -142
    Kdawg954's Avatar
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    14,766
    vCash:
    3552
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Here's a fair question. IF we sign a FA WR, which is no sure thing, and pass on Hartline, who is #2? A rookie 2nd rounder, who may or may not work out or who?
    Brian Hartline and a rookie 2nd rounder < Greg Jennings and a rookie 2nd rounder

    People have to stop worrying about someone working out . . . its almost like they don't trust our GM or something (), yet the ones who wanna keep these guys tend to be supporters of the GM. I'll roll the dice with Robert Woods or Stedman Bailey at 600,000 a year over Brian Hartline at 6 million a year. If we lose we lose, but I'd take that risk 10 times out of 10. I think both of those guys have a higher upside than Hartline at a much lower price.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -143
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,271
    vCash:
    3682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Brian Hartline and a rookie 2nd rounder < Greg Jennings and a rookie 2nd rounder

    People have to stop worrying about someone working out . . . its almost like they don't trust our GM or something (), yet the ones who wanna keep these guys tend to be supporters of the GM. I'll roll the dice with Robert Woods or Stedman Bailey at 600,000 a year over Brian Hartline at 6 million a year. If we lose we lose, but I'd take that risk 10 times out of 10. I think both of those guys have a higher upside than Hartline at a much lower price.
    Problem is that we cannot be assured of any pick working out, and we cannot be assured of any being available or chosen. The draft should be before FA.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -144
    undefeated72's Avatar
    old-timer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    598
    vCash:
    1756
    Loc:
    Morganton, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sure Hartline is asking for 5-6 mill. but i dont think he expects to get it. The question is if the Dolphins offer 4-4.5 will he take it and decline the open market where he may get more. If the Dolphins can sign a #1 receiver, Hartline makes a very good #2 imo.
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I should know. I've been there.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -145
    Kdawg954's Avatar
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    14,766
    vCash:
    3552
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Problem is that we cannot be assured of any pick working out, and we cannot be assured of any being available or chosen. The draft should be before FA.
    We aren't assured of anything, if every pick was a sure thing then no GM would ever get fired. One thing we absolutely understand is this draft is full of potential at the WR position and you better atleast TRY to improve on your top 2 WR's having more than 2 TD's in 16 games. Even if those 2 guys aren't there, there are plenty of WRs to evaluate in this draft that can help improve this team and certainly a few Free AGents in that mix as well.

    I agree, the draft should be before FA, but even still I'd sign a FA and draft 2 or 3 guys . . . this WR group is pretty sad, probably the worst in the league, and an influx of talent from the draft and FA is a way to get the best group of WRs for this team in 2013.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -146
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,402
    vCash:
    1138
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Here's a fair question. IF we sign a FA WR, which is no sure thing, and pass on Hartline, who is #2? A rookie 2nd rounder, who may or may not work out or who?
    There is no "if" we sign a FA, Ireland spelled it out we are adding that "veteran". And to answer your question? Easy. Cordarelle Patterson at 12.

    ---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Problem is that we cannot be assured of any pick working out, and we cannot be assured of any being available or chosen. The draft should be before FA.
    So because of risk are you suggesting we keep our WR corps the way it is? Rotflmao
    Quote Quote  

  7. -147
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,271
    vCash:
    3682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    There is no "if" we sign a FA, Ireland spelled it out we are adding that "veteran". And to answer your question? Easy. Cordarelle Patterson at 12.

    No way will he be the #12 pick.

    ---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------



    So because of risk are you suggesting we keep our WR corps the way it is? Rotflmao
    I'm sure you are more adept in reading my posts than this comment.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -148
    NBP81's Avatar
    Yippi ka yay mother******!

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    3,126
    vCash:
    4274
    Loc:
    montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    5 MIL is really not that much for a player like Hartline. Everyone pointing to his lack of TD production are right, but you have to realize its the very reason he's asking for 5MIL... Add 6 tds to the season he just had and he's likely asking for 9-10 MIL...
    Quote Quote  

  9. -149
    allsilverdreams's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,507
    vCash:
    2799
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i really love Hartline and would be sad to see him go.the kid has some heart and amazing hands.ok he had 1 td this year but i think that has more to do with the coaching playing it safe with our rookie qb.i know Hartline is not a #1 but like many have said he could be a really good #2
    Quote Quote  

  10. -150
    Kdawg954's Avatar
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    14,766
    vCash:
    3552
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    i really love Hartline and would be sad to see him go.the kid has some heart and amazing hands.ok he had 1 td this year but i think that has more to do with the coaching playing it safe with our rookie qb.i know Hartline is not a #1 but like many have said he could be a really good #2
    So what happened to the 1 TD in 2011, or the 1 TD in 2010?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Rotoworld: Phins expected to make "serious" run at Greg Jennings
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
  2. Rotoworld- Dolphins trying to sign smith at $8 million per year
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 10:22 PM
  3. Henne expected to make more than $4 million per season
    By jim1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 10:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •