Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

1. -161
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    $5 mil per for hartline isn't awful...pretty much in line with what i was thinking $5 to $6 mil...myaybe meet in the middle...or let him walk...definitely not enough of a playmaker where he's a must sign cannot live without guy...

can eat up bad corners though with his route running...
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Agree, I predict we'll sign him at $5.5m or less, if he goes elsewhere it'll be for $6m+.
    Sorry but there is no way in hell that a decent GM in this league is paying a guy that much money to be a decent #2 wr and a inside the 20's guy..... Plain and simple no one wants a guy for that money that cant score. There are alot of good WRs in this draft in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that can produce 600+ yards and 4-5 TDs for us as a rookie. Let hartline walk and watch him turn back to want he was when marshall was here 600 yards and 1 TD a year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -162
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luduporcu View Post
    You meant to say that HARTLINE's LACK of production is the product of our system and our TEAM. Put him in GB, and he'd rival NELSON's numbers w/o any trouble at all. Unfortunately for him, he's been stuck playing PARCELLSBALL for most of his NFL life...w/a less-than-mediocre QB as well! Then he plays on a team w/a brand new "O" and a green-as-grass QB.

What were you expecting? Miracles??? Forget it.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Please be respectful of others

Fartline couldn't even sniff Jordy nelsons numbers.... i mean seriously this is the worst post i have read in a while. Nelson only playing 12 games this year had 750 and 7 TDs.... 7 TDs is more then Fartline has had is whole career here. Last year nelson had 1200+ yards and 15 TDs. Nelson goes up and gets the ball and get YAC which hartline doesnt and is bigger and faster. I would be surprised if fartline ever scored double digits TDs in his life. Nelson 24 TDs in 3 years Fartline 3.... end of discussion.
    Last edited by Fin Fan in Cali; 01-29-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -163
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    Sorry but there is no way in hell that a decent GM in this league is paying a guy that much money to be a decent #2 wr and a inside the 20's guy..... Plain and simple no one wants a guy for that money that cant score. There are alot of good WRs in this draft in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that can produce 600+ yards and 4-5 TDs for us as a rookie. Let hartline walk and watch him turn back to want he was when marshall was here 600 yards and 1 TD a year.
    He can most certainly shop around, but he is not worth more than 4.5
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

4. -164
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moderator's Warning:
    Please be respectful of others

Fartline couldn't even sniff Jordy nelsons numbers.... i mean seriously this is the worst post i have read in a while. Nelson only playing 12 games this year had 750 and 7 TDs.... 7 TDs is more then Fartline has had is whole career here. Last year nelson had 1200+ yards and 15 TDs. Nelson goes up and gets the ball and get YAC which hartline doesnt and is bigger and faster. I would be surprised if fartline ever scored double digits TDs in his life. Nelson 24 TDs in 3 years Fartline 3.... end of discussion.
    Compare their first 3 years and Nelson had 1268 yards and 6 touchdowns, Hartline had 1670 yards and 5 touchdowns. And Nelson has a pretty big advantage in one of the best QBs of our era throwing it to him. They both had breakout years in year 4, Nelsons was better but again he has a much better QB and a much better supporting cast over all.

If you look at their first 4 years Hartline still has more receiving yards than Nelson but Nelson had a huge 15 td season.
    Last edited by roy_miami; 01-30-2013 at 02:55 AM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -165
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Compare their first 3 years and Nelson had 1268 yards and 6 touchdowns, Hartline had 1670 yards and 5 touchdowns. And Nelson has a pretty big advantage in one of the best QBs of our era throwing it to him. They both had breakout years in year 4, Nelsons was better but again he has a much better QB and a much better supporting cast over all.

If you look at their first 4 years Hartline still has more receiving yards than Nelson but Nelson had a huge 15 td season.
    Yeah and 2 out of the first 3 years Nelson was buried in the lineup and hartline was our #2. Of course he is going to get more chances to catch the ball if he is on the field more..... but now there is no comparison .... last 2 years with nelson starting or atleast the #3 guy his numbers r way better then fartline.
    Quote Quote  

6. -166
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    From Barry Jackson:

### A friend of Dolphins receiver Brian Hartline said Hartline hopes to get $6 million a year, more than what Miami offered previously and better than Jordy Nelsonís three-year, $13 million extension with Green Bay.
    Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy

So Hartline basically wants $1 million for each TD he's scored in his first 4 seasons. I wouldn't pay him that much, I'd let him walk.
    Quote Quote  

7. -167
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think you need to take a look at what #2 wrs command in free agency...hell the jags paid the robinson kid off one seasons work with the cowboys $7 mil per year...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -168
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i think you need to take a look at what #2 wrs command in free agency...hell the jags paid the robinson kid off one seasons work with the cowboys $7 mil per year...
    That's the Jags though. Any WR in his right mind wouldn't play there giving their situation at QB, the lack of offense they've had over the last...what 7 years...the small crowds, the lack of post season appearances, the lack of history, etc. etc. without being overpaid. It's just like the Raiders who overpaid for players for years just to get them to sign in Oakland.
    Quote Quote  

9. -169
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol lets follow the jags model for success and over pay for horrible WRs? Everyone knew robinson was a bum except the "i want tim tebow" jags owner. their one of the only franchises that has been worse than us in recent history.

I don't mind over paying for a guy that is going to produce. Bowe, Jennings and Wallace are all proven talents. There's nothing that Hartline does that's better than anything those three can do. I honestly want to see our team make a run at all three of those guys and potentially sign all three. Wallace is prob going to command the most money and consequently be the most over paid of the three. Jennings would prob be the best barginand bowe would be somewhere in between. I don't really watch cheifs games like I do packers and steelers so I know the least about bowe. From what I gather he's a big body thats a step or two slow from being a top tier WR. A WR corp with Jennings, bowe, and bess in the slot plus whatever mid-late round rookie we draft would be pretty nasty. Imagine getting all three, resigning long for a decent price and drafting the best available G to replace fatty mc fat **** john jerry. Our offense would go from bottom to top 10 over night assuming long can get healthy.
    Quote Quote  

10. -170
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    That's the Dolphins though. Any WR in his right mind wouldn't play there giving their situation at QB, the lack of offense they've had over the last...what 7 years...the small crowds, the lack of post season appearances, the lack of history, etc. etc. without being overpaid. .
    That works too
    Quote Quote