Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 188

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

  1. -171
    Atila - the freshmaker.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    3,203
    vCash:
    5365
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the big thing to take away here is those of you who DO NOT want to extend the guy need to take a look at what a good #2 receiver gets paid on an annual basis. Just look at maybe 20 #2 WR's in the NFL and look at their annual salary, you'd probably be surprised to see $5million/year is not out of line.


    www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

  2. -172
    hooshoops's Avatar
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    31,056
    vCash:
    24578
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    That's the Jags though. Any WR in his right mind wouldn't play there giving their situation at QB, the lack of offense they've had over the last...what 7 years...the small crowds, the lack of post season appearances, the lack of history, etc. etc. without being overpaid. It's just like the Raiders who overpaid for players for years just to get them to sign in Oakland.
    true...but the point is you don't think if hartline gets offered $7 mil per by a oakland or a jax he's putting miami in the rear view mirror??? i sure as hell do...bottom line is in free agency one mans run of the mill player or average player is another ones upgrade and teams pay for that kind of stuff and overpay for it all the time...

    i get it...hartlines not worth $6 mil per...i would agree with that to an extent...but again look at what guys are making around the league at the position and off free agency and tell me it won't happen...i'm more in the $5 mil max with him crowd given he offers no red zone or real td production crowd and hell i'd probably be willing to let him just walk if we brought in a real upgrade but miamis also in a tough position here cause outside of hartline all season no wr really could make a play when it was needed...yeah he did a lot of his damage against bad corners but this team wouldn't have moved the ball period without him...if they kept running out the naanees etc every sunday...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

  3. -173
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    6,914
    vCash:
    14703
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Hartline made a big step up this year, mostly against the other teams number one corner. Next year I think he will be an even bigger threat against the number two corner. I get that he didn't do much in the past against the lesser corners but he is a better player now and the team never looked to throw to him a lot anyway and didn't game-plan especially for him. Hartline progressed as a player this year, this wont be a one off season of production. If he wanted 5m I would pay him without much of an argument, he is not a star but he is a good reliable contributor, you know what you are getting with Hartline.

    Sure he is not much of a redzone threat (though he might be a bigger threat if the D has other TE's WR's to watch) but you need players to get the ball from one end of the field to another. Hartline isnt a number one WR, if his job is to get it from one end of the field to the other and let others get it into the end zone ... fine then im ok with that. Hartline didn't get the TD's this year but how many of the TDs scored by the likes of Bush and Fasano came from yardage gained by Hartline?
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -174
    Fins1971's Avatar
    C'mon Dolphins

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    2,575
    vCash:
    6434
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really don't think it it ridiculous that Hartline would be asking for $5-6M.
    If you look at the top free agent receivers from last year and what they signed for you will see his agent is right in line with the previous trends

    Here is the list of top free agents receivers from last year and what they signed for. (minus Mike Wallace, tagged)

    Vincent Jackson-5 yrs, $55.5M, $26M guaranteed
    Reggie Wayne- 3 yrs, $17.5M, $7.5M guaranteed
    Marques Colston- 5 yrs, $36.3M, $17.7 guaranteed
    Brandon Lloyd- 3 yrs, $12M, $3M guaranteed
    Robert Meachem- 4 yrs, $25.9M, $14M guaranteed
    Mario Manningham- 2 yrs, $7.375M, $3.2M guaranteed
    Laurent Robinson- 5 yrs, $32.5M, $13.8M guaranteed.
    Top Contract -$11.1M per year
    Bottom Contract-$3.7M per year
    Average contract of top 7 2012 free agents receivers- 3.8yrs, $26.7M, $12.2M guaranteed, Average $6.9M per year.

    Source

    http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/fa/wr.html

    Now if we look at the top free agents receivers for 2013 Hartline is in that top seven

    Source

    http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013/1/29/...vers-available

    Now maybe he ends up being the 6th or 7th best and has to settle for contracts like Manningham or Lloyd at $4M per year.

    But nothing wrong with trying. This could be Hartline's only big payday of his career.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -175
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    881
    vCash:
    1250
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsteve View Post
    lol lets follow the jags model for success and over pay for horrible WRs? Everyone knew robinson was a bum except the "i want tim tebow" jags owner. their one of the only franchises that has been worse than us in recent history.


    I don't mind over paying for a guy that is going to produce. Bowe, Jennings and Wallace are all proven talents. There's nothing that Hartline does that's better than anything those three can do. I honestly want to see our team make a run at all three of those guys and potentially sign all three. Wallace is prob going to command the most money and consequently be the most over paid of the three. Jennings would prob be the best barginand bowe would be somewhere in between. I don't really watch cheifs games like I do packers and steelers so I know the least about bowe. From what I gather he's a big body thats a step or two slow from being a top tier WR. A WR corp with Jennings, bowe, and bess in the slot plus whatever mid-late round rookie we draft would be pretty nasty. Imagine getting all three, resigning long for a decent price and drafting the best available G to replace fatty mc fat **** john jerry. Our offense would go from bottom to top 10 over night assuming long can get healthy.
    Hilarious. That's around $30 million tied up in those guys plus Bess. Yeah, let's go ahead and allocate over half the entire salary cap to one position. I sure hope those guys enable the offense to score 80 points per game because they'll need to after the team is forced to cut a bunch of players on defense to accomodate it.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -176
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    881
    vCash:
    1250
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Hartline made a big step up this year, mostly against the other teams number one corner. Next year I think he will be an even bigger threat against the number two corner. I get that he didn't do much in the past against the lesser corners but he is a better player now and the team never looked to throw to him a lot anyway and didn't game-plan especially for him. Hartline progressed as a player this year, this wont be a one off season of production. If he wanted 5m I would pay him without much of an argument, he is not a star but he is a good reliable contributor, you know what you are getting with Hartline.

    Sure he is not much of a redzone threat (though he might be a bigger threat if the D has other TE's WR's to watch) but you need players to get the ball from one end of the field to another. Hartline isnt a number one WR, if his job is to get it from one end of the field to the other and let others get it into the end zone ... fine then im ok with that. Hartline didn't get the TD's this year but how many of the TDs scored by the likes of Bush and Fasano came from yardage gained by Hartline?
    They already have Bess to get the ball from one end of the field to the other. Having two guys who can catch the ball but are allergic to making plays after the catch is detrimental. If they get Jennings or Wallace, imo they do not need both Bess AND Hartline. Not at $5 million +. They can draft a WR in the first 3 rounds that, combined with Bess, should be just fine for moving the offense.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -177
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    6,914
    vCash:
    14703
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNorth View Post
    They already have Bess to get the ball from one end of the field to the other. Having two guys who can catch the ball but are allergic to making plays after the catch is detrimental. If they get Jennings or Wallace, imo they do not need both Bess AND Hartline. Not at $5 million +. They can draft a WR in the first 3 rounds that, combined with Bess, should be just fine for moving the offense.
    Jennings Bess and Hartline isnt enough never mind Bess Jennings and a draft player. You sign an alpha guy, reisign Hartline and draft someone.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -178
    PlexGod's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    815
    vCash:
    1564
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Jennings Bess and Hartline isnt enough never mind Bess Jennings and a draft player. You sign an alpha guy, reisign Hartline and draft someone.
    I have to disagree.... if you sign Jennings and draft patterson or allen and Woods or baily or hunter and have Bess i think thats enough... We still could use a TE but thats not a bad WR core without hartline.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -179
    PlexGod's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    815
    vCash:
    1564
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atila View Post
    I think the big thing to take away here is those of you who DO NOT want to extend the guy need to take a look at what a good #2 receiver gets paid on an annual basis. Just look at maybe 20 #2 WR's in the NFL and look at their annual salary, you'd probably be surprised to see $5million/year is not out of line.
    Thats not the point. Those guys making 5 mil a year are probably better then hartline... atleast 75% of them are. The good teams are the ones that get good production from their #2 guy without over paying for him. And im pretty sure they all had more TDs then hartline too.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -180
    PlexGod's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    815
    vCash:
    1564
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Funny thing is im looking around the league at WR cap hits and there are too many WRs that are head and shoulders better then Hartline getting paid less then 5$ a year. Nelson 3.5$ ,James jones 3.8$, Colson 3.3, L moore 2.2$ Desean jackson 3, Maclin 2.3,Garcon 4.7,wayne 3.5, M austin 2.7.... I would take any of those guys over Hartline and some of those guys R #1 WRs.

    http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/...wide-receiver/

    Hell the highest paid WR in the superbowl this year is Boldin making 7.5$ everyone else is under 4.5$.... No need to pay Hartline more then 3.5-4 mil. Even that is pushing it IMO.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Rotoworld: Phins expected to make "serious" run at Greg Jennings
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 08:41 PM
  2. Rotoworld- Dolphins trying to sign smith at $8 million per year
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 10:22 PM
  3. Henne expected to make more than $4 million per season
    By jim1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 10:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •