Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 141516171819

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

1. -181
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    Funny thing is im looking around the league at WR cap hits and there are too many WRs that are head and shoulders better then Hartline getting paid less then 5$ a year. Nelson 3.5$ ,James jones 3.8$, Colson 3.3, L moore 2.2$ Desean jackson 3, Maclin 2.3,Garcon 4.7,wayne 3.5, M austin 2.7.... I would take any of those guys over Hartline and some of those guys R #1 WRs.

http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/...wide-receiver/

Hell the highest paid WR in the superbowl this year is Boldin making 7.5$ everyone else is under 4.5$.... No need to pay Hartline more then 3.5-4 mil. Even that is pushing it IMO.
    Don't think your site link is very accurate.

How in hell can DeSean jackson have a $3M cap number when he just signed a contract for 5 years and $47M with $15 guaranteed in march of last year.
    His salary for 2013 is $6.75M

So strike him from the list because he is being paid more than Hartline is asking for.
    Quote Quote  

2. -182
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Don't think your site link is very accurate.

How in hell can DeSean jackson have a $3M cap number when he just signed a contract for 5 years and $47M with $15 guaranteed in march of last year.
    His salary for 2013 is $6.75M

So strike him from the list because he is being paid more than Hartline is asking for.
    Because thats what he made this year... His contract is back loaded so yeah next year 2013 and so on he will be getting paid more. But outside of him i think the rest of the guys make my point. There are alot of guys out there making less then what hartline wants and r way better players.
    Quote Quote  

3. -183
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would sign Danny Amendola and say so long to Hartline. No way he is worth $5-$6 million with just one TD this past year.
    Quote Quote  

4. -184
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlexGod View Post
    Because thats what he made this year... His contract is back loaded so yeah next year 2013 and so on he will be getting paid more. But outside of him i think the rest of the guys make my point. There are alot of guys out there making less then what hartline wants and r way better players.
    Bottom line is that they are paying jackson an average of $10M per year. that is way more than hartline is asking for. So that is not a fair comparison.

Will Hartline get $5-6M average? I'm thinking more like the $4 that lloyd and Manningham got.
    Quote Quote  

5. -185
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I would sign Danny Amendola and say so long to Hartline. No way he is worth $5-$6 million with just one TD this past year.
    interesting. I was waiting for someone to mention him.

Quote Quote  

6. -186
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    interesting. I was waiting for someone to mention him.
    Injuries are a big concern, and I see him being more of a move around guy. To Hartline's credit He plays on the boundry, not saying that htis justifies anything, but we have a hole on the outside with or without him. We need somebody than can play on the boundry against # 1 caliber DB's that make teams consider over the top help. I like Hartline in the certain things he does well just he doesn't do anything great and is limited in what he does well. Get him help around him and you may see a jump in real production. Cathch and yards down but TD's and big plays up.

In my mind Hartline could be worth a decent contract playing as a two but you have to get him help. I will pay somebody 5 million to catch 75-80 balls and 8 or so TDs. But I won't pay them that money to do what he did last year if you know what I mean? I think his value can be reached in terms of money if he has a legit 1 on the other side. Kind of like the idea of paying a number one 13 millioni if all he gets is double teams and therefore has little production because the opponent can shut down everything else. Just arguing the point that players maximize their value when the team is able to create a role for them that makes them succesful. Best example is I am not paying Welker a lot of money unless I have a QB/scheme of what the Patriots do. He still will be good but not near as good as he is there, therefore not worth the money. Patriots know this Welker knows this but Welker and his agent will probably find somebody that doesn't believe this and then he can either get paid or risk losing grasp of a potential Hall of Fame ending.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

7. -187
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

I think we are looking into this too much it isnt the base salary thats key its the guarenteed money
    Quote Quote  

8. -188
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    I think we are looking into this too much it isnt the base salary thats key its the guarenteed money
    that's very true...and it applies with all contracts...the guaranteed money is what you should focus on...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote