Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

1. -61
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I like Hartline but I don't want to break the bank to keep him.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by prim3time View Post
    1 TD.......... Let him walk, go all in for Wallace.
    lets get a little perspective here.

people would love to go all in for Wallace at say 10 mil+ for a guy who is not much more than a vertical threat and who was not playing for a good portion of the season. I think he had a hammy or something?

And you dis a guy who is there while having a bad back and still goes all out to the endzone while open in the last game and lands on it and still gets up and played in every game this year. Put up better numbers I believe over Wallace and people say he is not worth 5 mil?

People need to understand the market. Most here make good points about touchdowns but also need to remember that Bess and Hartline were all we had to work with. A slot guy and Hartline.

The other thing that I absolutely do not understand is people reacting like this after an article from Rotoworld no less. His demands, if true, are not a bad starting point to work from. My god, I was expecting they were gonna come out with 7-9 mil somewhere.

If you pay Hartline 4-5 mil with a good gaurranteed money then you have a guy you can build with the new young receivers.

I think the most key guys this offseason are Hartline, Clemmons, Fasano, and Bush. We can get guys to replace the others very easily in the draft and still get 2 WR's in the draft along with 2 corners. You have to fill holes in order to build your young guys.

I would think people would balk at a Wallace asking for 9 mil but people have no problem with that? Its inconsistent.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by everardteach View Post
    While I don't believe Hartline is an all-pro you can not discount his innate ability to get open. Using your logic he did nothing in the second half of the season. Here is his game logs:

9 11/04 @ IND 8 107 13.4 35
    10 11/11 TEN 8 79 9.9 14
    11 11/15 @ BUF 4 49 12.3 17
    12 11/25 SEA 2 17 8.5 10
    13 12/02 NE 5 84 16.8 28
    14 12/09 @ SF 1 2 34 17.0
    15 12/16 JA1 5 77 15.4 37
    16 12/23 BUF 2 12 6.0 10
    17 12/30 @ NE 5 69 13.8 22

Again basing it off of your statement he completely struggled after the first few games which he did not. Did team struggle along with Hartline here and there......yes. I just don't get the unabashed negativity people have for some of our players. Hartline is an excellent #2 who fits this system extremely well. Knowing that he is not a number 1 will help in your understanding just how great he was last year in our system. We had no true #1, no vertical threat whatsoever and yet he was able to produce. No he shouldn't be paid like a #1 but we need to keep players within our system that fit.
    This is the problem with your numbers.... I saw 0, none ,nada, zilch zip TDs on your list in the second half....+ He had multiple games held under 50 yards receiving and in most of those games were he had 60-80 yards is because he caught one long pass for half his yards. That type of production is not worth 5-6 mil a year. Not when you can get a guy like cribbs or knoxs or danny amendola for less money. Hell for that $ i would toss it to a TE like Cook or keller and draft 2 WRs and sign jennings or Wallace. With Jennings , 1st round WR, Bess ,3rd round WR and Matthews and Keller and clay we dont need Fartline.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    He's comparable to Jordie Nelson but Nelson is a far better player and makes less than that 5-6 million. 5 million a year seems reasonable though, but I want Hartline to be put on the slot than on the outside. Hope Matthews steps up this offseason with the addition of Jennings.

Jordy is better because he has an elite franchise QB throwing him the ball
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIJ007 View Post
    haha. 5-6 mil on a WR that only caught 1 TD. SIKE!!!!!!
    How about 2 tds in the last 42 games...Makes you shake your head and say wtf

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Hartline scored 6 more points than John Jerry last season
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why are so many people quick to point out Bess' or Hartline's low td numbers, but then quick to moan and complain about losing Wes Welker to the Patriots after he only had a total of 1 td reception in 2 season?
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorygrant83 View Post
    Why are so many people quick to point out Bess' or Hartline's low td numbers, but then quick to moan and complain about losing Wes Welker to the Patriots after he only had a total of 1 td reception in 2 season?
    The truth hurts...move on
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    The truth hurts...move on
    I think Welker is just one example of how you can't use a player's numbers in the past as a sole indicator of how they will produce in the future.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    He's comparable to Jordie Nelson but Nelson is a far better player and makes less than that 5-6 million. 5 million a year seems reasonable though, but I want Hartline to be put on the slot than on the outside. Hope Matthews steps up this offseason with the addition of Jennings.
    And that's one of the reasons why Green Bay is successful. They don't overpay their players. I hope he we get Hartline back, but only for the right price, and that price is below what Jordie Nelson makes.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jared81 View Post
    5 million? see ya, i think hes worth 4.
    I would not pay him more than $3mil. He's not as good as Nelson and he's not really a playmaker in the sense of touchdowns. $3mil take it or leave it. Peace bruh.
    Quote Quote