Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

1. -71
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another reason why I keep yelping that I don't see Hartline back.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Instead of spending $10-$12 million on Long and $6 million on Hartline, I would prefer to spend $11 million on Wallace and $9 million on Bowe. The team could turn around and draft Fisher in the first round or try to get lucky with waiting until the second round to get a tackle
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorygrant83 View Post
    Instead of spending $10-$12 million on Long and $6 million on Hartline, I would prefer to spend $11 million on Wallace and $9 million on Bowe. The team could turn around and draft Fisher in the first round or try to get lucky with waiting until the second round to get a tackle
    There is no need for "instead". We have more than enough to bring Long back at $10-$12mil "and" still sign Wallace and a few others. But no way we signing both Wallace "and" Bowe. There are a bunch of Bowes in this draft.
    Last edited by MrEd; 01-26-2013 at 02:11 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    There is no need for "instead" dude. We have more than enough to bring Long back at $10-$12mil "and" still sign Wallace and a few others. But no way we signing both Wallace "and" Bowe. There are a bunch of Bowes in this draft.
    The money will go quick depending on which of our players we decide to resign. I don't see us being a big player in FA.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    The money will go quick depending on which of our players we decide to resign. I don't see us being a big player in FA.
    Depends on what your definition of big player in FA means. If it means we sign a big name and a few mid tiers? We will be big players. If by big players in FA you mean sign every big name on the market? Then, no we won't be. I expect us to go for a Jennings, Cook, and maybe someone else. Then the rest we take care of in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Use the money Hartline demands to sign a real WR

Immediately. As soon as possible. Period.

Use that money to get a WR who

1. Is not desperately limited in the redzone,
    2. Is not horribly limited down the field,
    3. Does not cause the team to be restricted on O
    4. Can consistently beat man coverage
    5. IS as fast or faster than the ppl covering him.

End of story.

Phins will be a better team without a lineup of drastically limited WRs being the "little trains that could," chug chugging valiantly in their routes but restricting the field and barely getting open, and never out-talenting anyone in the redzone and NEVER betting teams coverages deep.

LD
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd like to know what we offered him mid-season, he said it was basically an insult at that point in time but it was something he might have considered a year earlier so it must have been something like $3.25-3.5m.

Ireland really screwed us by not extending Hartline and Smith when he had the chance a year earlier, you build through the draft by extending the guys you want to keep long term at huge discounts relative to the free agency market. Smith and Hartline combined will probably be worth about $14m on the open market this offseason, if we were smart we could have had them both for $7m. Thats value and thats how you build a roster with great depth.

Its looking more and more likely that we won't have a single player left from the 2008 and 2009 drafts, how can you call that building through the draft?
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Depends on what your definition of big player in FA means. If it means we sign a big name and a few mid tiers? We will be big players. If by big players in FA you mean sign every big name on the market? Then, no we won't be. I expect us to go for a Jennings, Cook, and maybe someone else. Then the rest we take care of in the draft.
    I am with you on some wanna play football for a winner mid tier players.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Ireland is planning to go WR in the first 2 rounds and sign a Bowe, Jennings, and Wallace then there is no reason to sign Hartline. Bess in the slot with an over the top threat and a solid #2 becomes a third down and quick slant beast. I know I know "chemistry" and such but lets not pretend that Jennings and Tannehill wouldn't do their due diligence to get up to speed with each other. Hartline was even injured/sick for awhile before the season and missed some camp while still producing over 1,000 yards. I feel the biggest key is that we get a legit pass catching threat at Tight End. If this occurs I would even be ok with Bess and one of the big three free agents.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla_89 View Post
    If Ireland is planning to go WR in the first 2 rounds and sign a Bowe, Jennings, and Wallace then there is no reason to sign Hartline. Bess in the slot with an over the top threat and a solid #2 becomes a third down and quick slant beast. I know I know "chemistry" and such but lets not pretend that Jennings and Tannehill wouldn't do their due diligence to get up to speed with each other. Hartline was even injured/sick for awhile before the season and missed some camp while still producing over 1,000 yards. I feel the biggest key is that we get a legit pass catching threat at Tight End. If this occurs I would even be ok with Bess and one of the big three free agents.
    Exactly the point I keep making about Hartline and I keep reading all this re-sign Hartline stuff and I reall don't get the logic. I really don't. Then listening closely to Jeff Ireland's interview and he all but spelled it out that Hartline is "not" in our plans as a starter.

He spelled it out that he is not a yards after catch touchdown playmaker. Bess is good enough to be that sure-handed slot receiver. And with Rishard Matthews developing, you've got your 3rd and 4th WR right there with those two.

Armon Binn and either Brian Tyms or a late round draft pick (if we carry 6) can round out the 5th and/or 6th WR.

So that leaves us with the two starting WR spots. And you have Ireland mentioning that we need to find a "vet" to compliment the young guys and you know he's using Hartline's spot to land us Jennings or Wallace.

So that leaves us with one more starting WR spot. Enter the 1st or 2nd round pick in Patterson or Allen...or whoever Ireland falls in love with. I can't understand the logic behind this we are re-signing or need to re-sign Hartline. Only way I see Hartline return is if Miami has no confidence in Matthews as our 4th WR, and I believe they do.

WR to me is going to look like this:

#1 (Free Agent) Jennings or Wallace, #2: 1st round pick Corrodell Patterson or 2nd round pick Keenan Allen or some playmaker Ireland falls in love with, #3: Davone Bess, #4: Rishard Matthews, #5: Armon Binns, #6: Brian Tyms or some late round pick with speed.

I don't see where Hartline fits in there. I don't.
    Last edited by MrEd; 01-26-2013 at 02:43 AM.
    Quote Quote