Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

1. -81
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Exactly the point I keep making about Hartline and I keep reading all this re-sign Hartline stuff and I reall don't get the logic. I really don't. Then listening closely to Jeff Ireland's interview and he all but spelled it out that Hartline is "not" in our plans as a starter.

He spelled it out that he is not a yards after catch touchdown playmaker. Bess is good enough to be that sure-handed slot receiver. And with Rishard Matthews developing, you've got your 3rd and 4th WR right there with those two.

Armon Binn and either Brian Tyms or a late round draft pick (if we carry 6) can round out the 5th and/or 6th WR.

So that leaves us with the two starting WR spots. And you have Ireland mentioning that we need to find a "vet" to compliment the young guys and you know he's using Hartline's spot to land us Jennings or Wallace.

So that leaves us with one more starting WR spot. Enter the 1st or 2nd round pick in Patterson or Allen...or whoever Ireland falls in love with. I can't understand the logic behind this we are re-signing or need to re-sign Hartline. Only way I see Hartline return is if Miami has no confidence in Matthews as our 4th WR, and I believe they do.

WR to me is going to look like this:

#1 (Free Agent) Jennings or Wallace, #2: 1st round pick Corrodell Patterson or 2nd round pick Keenan Allen or some playmaker Ireland falls in love with, #3: Davone Bess, #4: Rishard Matthews, #5: Armon Binns, #6: Brian Tyms or some late round pick with speed.

I don't see where Hartline fits in there. I don't.
    Your^ whole WR thought process falls apart on the very practical chance of us not signing Jennings or Wallace.

I know this is a discussion, but the NFL isn't like Madden 2012, you don't just get whoever you want all the time. Just because we need help at WR doesn't mean we sign the best one available. It might make sense to you, but this isn't a video game. It boggles my mind how some people post like getting these big name guys are a CERTAINTY or a LOCK.

Hartline for $4-5mil/year isn't bad. I wouldn't go over $5mil, but at that price, if he can put up very good #2 WR numbers, you take it. Seems like people tend to forget that $5mil/year is not A LOT for a starter n the NFL anymore.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Playstation Logo
Gift received at 03-18-2014, 10:36 PM from DisturbedShifty
Message: I saw the PS controller so I figured you'd like the PS logo as well.1972 Dolphins LogoPS4 ControllerMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91

Re: Rotoworld: Hartline expected to seek $5-6 million

Exactly the point I keep making about Hartline and I keep reading all this re-sign Hartline stuff and I reall don't get the logic. I really don't. Then listening closely to Jeff Ireland's interview and he all but spelled it out that Hartline is "not" in our plans as a starter.

He spelled it out that he is not a yards after catch touchdown playmaker. Bess is good enough to be that sure-handed slot receiver. And with Rishard Matthews developing, you've got your 3rd and 4th WR right there with those two.

Armon Binn and either Brian Tyms or a late round draft pick (if we carry 6) can round out the 5th and/or 6th WR.

So that leaves us with the two starting WR spots. And you have Ireland mentioning that we need to find a "vet" to compliment the young guys and you know he's using Hartline's spot to land us Jennings or Wallace.

So that leaves us with one more starting WR spot. Enter the 1st or 2nd round pick in Patterson or Allen...or whoever Ireland falls in love with. I can't understand the logic behind this we are re-signing or need to re-sign Hartline. Only way I see Hartline return is if Miami has no confidence in Matthews as our 4th WR, and I believe they do.

#1 (Free Agent) Jennings or Wallace, #2: 1st round pick Corrodell Patterson or 2nd round pick Keenan Allen or some playmaker Ireland falls in love with, #3: Davone Bess, #4: Rishard Matthews, #5: Armon Binns, #6: Brian Tyms or some late round pick with speed.

Matthews, Tyms or Binns over Hartline? Crazy talk
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sevierville,Tn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    100% agree with you on this.Some people do think you can just sign away who ever you need or is on the market that fills your teams need.But in all reality there are gonna be other teams looking to sign those same players.Just because we have the cap room doesn't mean that were are gonna end up with Jennings or Wallace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atila View Post
    Your^ whole WR thought process falls apart on the very practical chance of us not signing Jennings or Wallace.

I know this is a discussion, but the NFL isn't like Madden 2012, you don't just get whoever you want all the time. Just because we need help at WR doesn't mean we sign the best one available. It might make sense to you, but this isn't a video game. It boggles my mind how some people post like getting these big name guys are a CERTAINTY or a LOCK.

Hartline for $4-5mil/year isn't bad. I wouldn't go over $5mil, but at that price, if he can put up very good #2 WR numbers, you take it. Seems like people tend to forget that $5mil/year is not A LOT for a starter n the NFL anymore.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im all good for 3-5mil, but 5-6 wow, you might have 1000yrds but only 1td so wise the **** up and lower your rate, or your by by...........
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    tell him to go screw himself
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Keenan Allen will need to be caught smoking crack and beating up his mother to be available in the 2nd round.
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Dolphins on 3!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NewHampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Its the ol' negotiation game.. You start high, willing to come down..
    Danny
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What a joke.

I wouldn't give him more than 3-per.

And I can care less about whether or not he's back on the team next year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miami9954 View Post
    100% agree with you on this.Some people do think you can just sign away who ever you need or is on the market that fills your teams need.But in all reality there are gonna be other teams looking to sign those same players.Just because we have the cap room doesn't mean that were are gonna end up with Jennings or Wallace.
    With Jennings, Wallace, "and" Bowe all but a certainty they will be available...Ireland not only having the cap space/money....the urgency that "this" is the off season they "must" get those playmakers....one must be smoking crack if they even pretend that Miami is not going to be able to outbid the king of Saudi Arabia for one of those WRs. Yes, it is a "dead given" that Miami is landing one of the top 2 WRs available in FA. Mark that in two stone tablets. We evrn went hard for Manning last year. Mismi is landing Jennings or Wallace. Bank on it with your two butt cheeks, bruh.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atila View Post

It is alot of money for a starter that only has 3 TDs in 3 Years. There are guys in FA and in the draft that you could probably get for cheaper that can give you the same if not better production. Cribbs comes to mind. Or i would rather put that 5 mil a year to a good TE. Cook, Keller, Fred Davis, Bennett over Fartline.
    Quote Quote