Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Bowe v. Jennings v. Wallace

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bowe v. Jennings v. Wallace

This is the big question heading torwards March 12th. All three have special skills. All three have drawbacks. The question is, if you were calling the shots, who do you want, why do you want them, and in what order?

For me, it's theoretically a tough call. I'm on record saying I think Jennings will be a Dolphin given his background...but his health issues give me pause. I'm also on record saying I think Wallace would make the biggest impact...although his limited repetior gives me pause. I'm not on record with regards to Bowe, but, he was a guy I loved in the draft when he came out...only to see Miami draft the Ginn family...but his questionable work ethic and occasional bout with drops gives me pause. So, for me, all that said, this is how it shakes out:

1. Greg Jennings - Yes, the injury concerns are there. But, the injuries consisted of a minor knee in 2011 and a sports hernia in 2012. I don't believe sports hernias are a huge worry for recurrence and the knee, if I remember correctly was a minor MCL. So, although he has been dinged, I still think he is worth the risk. I think he is a Dolphin come 2013.

2. Mike Wallace - I truly think Miami SHOULD look long and hard into Wallace. However, I truly think they will pass. I keep coming back to the way Philbin looked at Gates. He couldn't get past the route running to see the speed. I think he will see the same thing in Wallace. Can he take the top off, no doubt about it. But, will he play within Philbin's system and let the game come to him? Probably not. I expect Miami to pass....although.....I'd love to have him.

3. Dwayne Bowe - Has alot of what Miami is looking for from a competitiveness, range, and endzone standpoint. As a rsult, if they are comfortable with his hands and work ethic I could see him pushing his way up this list. However, I think they will want a more precise route runner like Jennings to execute the offense.

So, do people agree? If so, for different reasons?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Give me Bowe and Wallace and go defense in the draft. If I can steal Finley from the Packers for 5th round I'd be damn happy.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm pulling for Wallace because he is a TD machine and a vertical threat wich we need badly.

I'm lukewarm on Bowe because IMO he will want a similar payday and Bowe without financial incentive scares me.

Jennings is the most likely for obvious reasons, his lack of durability is a concern but he will be the cheapest of the three and has obviously is familiar with the system.

We still need to draft a WR with one of our first 3 picks regardless...doubling up to the tune of a Wallace and a Keenan Allen would be a nice step in adding playmakers.

A guy can dream, right?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by NorFlaFin View Post
    Give me Bowe and Wallace and go defense in the draft. If I can steal Finley from the Packers for 5th round I'd be damn happy.
    This draft is too deep with quality WR's in day 2 and the early part of day 3 to just go defense. If I'm Miami I'm drafting atleast 2 WR's in the first 4 rounds.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    This draft is too deep with quality WR's in day 2 and the early part of day 3 to just go defense. If I'm Miami I'm drafting atleast 2 WR's in the first 4 rounds.
    If we don't land a Wallace then I completely agree, or Atlleast a seam busting TE.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tallahassee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace to take the top off would be the nicest option, then resign hartline to be your route runner/ move the chains guy, and with Wallace taking the top off it will give Bess the whole field to dominate out of the slot, that's personally what I think should happen with the wr corp in the offseason.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Exactly, we need a corp that compliments eachother well. Wallace automatically makes Bess a more dangerous pass catcher.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll take any wide receiver that knows what the inside of an end zone actually looks like
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ct.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want Wallace because of his speed and he's younger than Jennings and Bowe.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Remember, Wallace is only 26 and has missed the past 2 offseasons (lockout, holdout) he still can and will get better IMO.
    Quote Quote