Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: which 3 FREE AGENTS would you like miami to go after....be realistic!!

1. -31
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Grow up. For one thing Sam Shields is a restricted free agent. He will be given a 1st round tender. The Dolphins would have to give the Packers the #12 pick for Shields and offer him a contract.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For crying out loud, Sam Shields is a RFA. We aren't giving up the #12 to get him when there a dozen starting CB's out there in FA that we can sign without giving up our 1st round pick.

If you think the Pack are'nt giving him a 1st round tender your just nuts.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    WALLACE, COX and LEVITRE...for "openers". Here's what I mean.

Last season, once opponents figured out that MIAMI had no true "burner", and no real deep speed beyond HARTLINE, who was "sneaky fast" at best, they crowded the l/o/s w/o fear of being punished for it, and MIAMI's short passing game (notably BESS and FASANO) and its rushing attack both suffered. "College boy" WRs, including "burners", take 1-3 years to develop into Pro WRs...if they don't "bust", like GINN. At best, there's usually a wait. Well, I don't want to wait, and neither should MIAMI. That means WALLACE. LEVITRE's needed because NO QB throws well while on his back. There's a few players who i-m-o are "dead wood", but still make a lot of $$$: cut them!!! As to JENNINGS, he'd be the icing on the cake, and I'd go after him if possible. I think it WILL be possible, because of the "dead wood" mentioned above. But WALLACE and LEVITRE are priorities on Offense, and COX, who I recall as being a pretty good "cover" CB, is needed on the "D", as long as BRADY's still a PATRIOT.

So, there you have it. Solve the WR problem w/two VETERAN WRs of the type needed; and get a solid, mobile/quick G. I would kick JERRY out to RT (i-m-o where he SHOULD be playing), move INCOGNITO to RG (i-m-o where HE should be playing), and let GARNER (a uniquely gifted individual) go back to backing up every position except LT. With a solid F/A G to replace INCOGNITO at LG, the OL is complete, and a lot more solid i-m-o. As to the "D", grab a solid CB: my choice is COX. MARSHALL's gone, thanks to the herniated discs. PATTERSON's ok, but we would still be one veteran CB short. I'd re-sign SMITH: I consider SMITH and CARROLL to be decent CBs...they just aren't a REVIS-type. I'd draft a pass rusher w/our 1st Round selection, and another w/our later 2nd. I'd draft a CB w/our earlier 2nd and later 3rd Round Picks. Our 5th is a "flyer" pass-rushing DE, and our remaining Picks are for Gs and Ts.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ed Reed (pair him with Jones and that is one good looking safety combo), Micheal Johnson (Wake and Johnson on the outside and Soliai and Odrick in the middle is a great front 4), Greg Jennings (Philbin connection and fits the system).

You re-sign Long, Smith, Fasano, Bush.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vollmer, Jennings, Keller.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Phin fan since 1970!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need two top FAs. One on Offense and one for Defense.

WR - just get a good one.

CB or DE. I would try to get a DE FA. Draft the CB as their are lots of CBs in the draft. If I had to pick a third FA it would be on OL.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Michael Johnson
    Keenan Lewis
    Mike Wallace

And...

>Let Hartline walk. Save his salary and invest it in game-changing talent.
    >Let Long walk. Save his salary and draft a better OL [one reason why the talent on the FINS has been so poor at skill positions is the megabucks invested in underperforming OL, headlined by Long]
    >Not sure on Smith -- on the fence: I LEAN toward bringing him back at around 6.5 or less per, and drafting/signing over him -- that way he is either good depth or good value in trade.

>Bring back Starks IF at all possible.
    >Bring back Clemons.
    >Bring back Bush, again, if feasible.

Add in a good draft with LB, TE, WR and OL -- and DB -- and you've changed the talent of this team immensely for the better.

LD
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Looavul
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Vollmer, Levitre, Wallace
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    First I know he is a rfa,however the Packers have Heyward and House set to start(House started several games a head of Shields);secondly Shields is in the last year of a 3 yr/1.32 million deal,GB will probably only tender him at a 3rd rd
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are soooo many general threads to put this OP in.
    Quote Quote