Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMO Long, Smith & Bush should be let go

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks

IMO Long, Smith & Bush should be let go

With Philbin now as HC and the principle of building a franchise through the draft for the long term benefit of the organisation, Long, Smith & Bush should be let go.

Let me just start by saying I love Jake Long. Guy plays through injury and has been elite for all but one season as a dolphin. But, the amount we would have to pay him is not justified by what we will get in return. Why pay elite money to a tackle who is not best suited to the ZBS we run.

Bush is a 27 yr old RB who avg 4.3 YPC and was taken out on a lot of short yardage downs. We have MIller and DT and again IMO the amount paid to Bush would not justify the return we would receive.

Sean Smith. I like to call him 'no hands' as he cant tackle or catch the ball. IMO Coyle prefers smart, physical corners. Again why pay for someone who does not fit, long term what we are looking for.

I would re-sign, Hartline, Fasano & Starks ASAP. All massively underrated IMO and would justify the contract received.

With this in mind and the need to already upgrade at WR & pass rushing end, we would then also require a new starting Tackle & CB.

Who would you see, though FA and draft filling these 4 spots?

WR - Robert Woods.

OT - Oday Aboushi

DE - Michael Johnson

CB - Xavier Rhodes

How would u go?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree, hate to make another hole at cb, but tired of Shawn Smiths soft play. He is not worth the money he, and his agent think he is. Some one will pay him his 10 mil a year because of his size and speed. He is a decent cover guy:
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would rather let Fasano and Fartline walk too and resign Bush. Sign Coxs, M Johnson, Jennings and Cook or Keller and draft 2 WRs 2 CB a passrusher and Oline help.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No to Keller. That would be a bust he had like 318 yards this past season. FOr TE we need Martellus Bennet or Fred Davis. We need WR's and TE's with Production. Sign Bess and Hartline,

Jennings is a hit or miss 4 seasons with 9-12 TD's and 3 seasons with 3-4 TDs and his last only with onl 344 yards. GB may be letting him go for a reason.
    Bowe averages less than 5 td's a season if you take out his break out 15 TD season in 2010 but I think he would be the best option at 6'2"
    Wallace has get's 6-10 TD's a season and is probably the most consistent but is only 6 foot.

I believe we just screwed ourselves when we let Marshall go though I wasn't a fan of his drop, he's been someone else since last years pro bowl...so now we're stuck with finding WR talent in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Got a feeling like staying is Hartline, Clemmons, and Fasano but we will still draft players at these positions.

Drafting a RB is now in the picture IMO and why not the kid James from Miami? Eddy Lacy? bigger RB who could add spice to Miller's downhill running.

Got a feeling like FA players is really not high on our radar even though we will look at guys and make offers, much to the dismay of some.

I think trading players like Incognito or Bess is in the cards for draft picks where their positions could be easily replaced in the draft.

Ireland will find a couple more undrafted's who will step in and do something.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jax.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I disagree with the Bush suggestion. In Bush we have a locker room leader, a good guy (No off field issues), an exposive back who can reach the second level, and a great pass catcher who can run after the catch.
    Miller MIGHT BE these things one day.

Why let go of what we know we have for someone who may turn into that? Gambling?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Port st. lucie
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherif View Post
    No to Keller. That would be a bust he had like 318 yards this past season. FOr TE we need Martellus Bennet or Fred Davis. We need WR's and TE's with Production. Sign Bess and Hartline,

Jennings is a hit or miss 4 seasons with 9-12 TD's and 3 seasons with 3-4 TDs and his last only with onl 344 yards. GB may be letting him go for a reason.
    Bowe averages less than 5 td's a season if you take out his break out 15 TD season in 2010 but I think he would be the best option at 6'2"
    Wallace has get's 6-10 TD's a season and is probably the most consistent but is only 6 foot.

I believe we just screwed ourselves when we let Marshall go though I wasn't a fan of his drop, he's been someone else since last years pro bowl...so now we're stuck with finding WR talent in the draft.
    Keller played 8 games and had 2 TDs. Hartline and Bess played 29 combined games and scored 2 TDs. Hartline needs to go this year and Bess will leave the following. I like both players but this is a business. If you don't produce at your job, you get let go. Bennett will sign with the Giants again because he wants to stay there. He also didn't have a TD for 3 seasons before this year with the Giants. Fred Davis is coming off ACL surgery and is 1 drug test away from a year ban. Keller had 815 yards and 5 TDs the year before this injury plaqued year, so he's very good. He is also a dolphin killer so he is by far a better option out of the two.

The Jennings or Wallace debate is A little trickier. Do you sign the younger, faster, more expensive one trick pony or the older very productive when healthy prototype WCO WR??? It will most likely come down to how much Wallace is seeking( 10 or 11 million per year). That's too much for Ireland to spend so Jennings will be the choice regardless of who us fans think is the better fit. We all know what a healthy Jennings can do in Philbins' offense so it shouldn't even be up for debate anyway. You go with the guy that is better for your young QB and locker room just as much as for production on the field. Have you ever seen Wallace go over the middle of the field or run precise routes? He runs go routes, deep crosses and WR screens. Dropped a lot of balls this year and caused problems for the team in the offseason. Not a good fit for our team IMO.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If all of them are willing to stay at value deals, they get resigned. All three are solid to good players.

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What the FO will do with Bush is still up in the air. I could see him leaving but then again I would rather want for Bush to remain in our squad. Let's see what happens.
    -

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaniii View Post
    With Philbin now as HC and the principle of building a franchise through the draft for the long term benefit of the organisation, Long, Smith & Bush should be let go.

Let me just start by saying I love Jake Long. Guy plays through injury and has been elite for all but one season as a dolphin. But, the amount we would have to pay him is not justified by what we will get in return. Why pay elite money to a tackle who is not best suited to the ZBS we run.

Bush is a 27 yr old RB who avg 4.3 YPC and was taken out on a lot of short yardage downs. We have MIller and DT and again IMO the amount paid to Bush would not justify the return we would receive.

Sean Smith. I like to call him 'no hands' as he cant tackle or catch the ball. IMO Coyle prefers smart, physical corners. Again why pay for someone who does not fit, long term what we are looking for.

I would re-sign, Hartline, Fasano & Starks ASAP. All massively underrated IMO and would justify the contract received.

With this in mind and the need to already upgrade at WR & pass rushing end, we would then also require a new starting Tackle & CB.

Who would you see, though FA and draft filling these 4 spots?

WR - Robert Woods.

OT - Oday Aboushi

DE - Michael Johnson

CB - Xavier Rhodes

How would u go?
    I agree. Great minds think alike
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote